Marlin owners who like scout/tactical stuff might like this.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Marlin owners who like scout/tactical stuff might like this.

Post by AJMD429 »

Fairly unobtrusive stuff for mounting a laser, etc.

http://www.grizzlycustom.com/parts_marlin.html
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: Marlin owners who like scout/tactical stuff might like t

Post by wecsoger »

Pricy, but v. nice looking.

Flashlight mount maybe, laser, not so much.

Would be extremely interested in seeing if these make any changes to the point-of-aim.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Same thought.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Not for me !

But to each his own .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Pickitiny rails and levers.........don't go together
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

I wanted a small piece of rail on one of my cut down 1895's. I went back and forth on what to do as I wanted a light on it for bear protection at night around the property. I spoke with Grizzly Customs about this rail before he started mass producing them. I like the set up, however there is no way on gods green earth that I was going to pay $140 plus shipping for that. I ended up getting a small piece of rail and used a little epoxy to put it on the fiberglass MPI stock. Cost me $2.25 and works like a charm. Grizzly along with a few others put out some nice products these days, but they sure think highly of themselves on the prices.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

The construction and materials appear impeccable. They're even putting a heli-coil insert in? You'll need to be a real gorilla to strip that out.

I'm not going to argue the price point but they do appear to be worth it, for what they are.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've figured out how to do most of what I need for a practical lever-action Ranch Carbine on my own, and like Mich hunter, didn't spend much money doing it. The results likely offend the sensibilities of many traditionalist levergunners, but my friends who are into 'other' firearms like bolt actions and semiautos and so on see my modified leverguns and actually think they're neat. Certainly not 'collector' items, but these are real-world firearms I take out nightly when I check ('tuck-in') the livestock or whatever.

Mine doesn't look as 'tactical' as the ones by Grizzly Custom Guns, but it serves my needs quite well.

Still, I like the idea that someone out there is marketing accessories to keep leverguns as a very practical option for the homeowner or rancher who needs a firearm for 24-hour duty, indoors or outdoors, without having to resort to the 'vintage' approach of carrying a lit pine-knot or kerosene lantern. In fact, even with the option of suppressed modern semiauto carbines and infrared sights and so on, I think pistol-caliber leverguns are actually a better choice most of the time.

One Marlin I just can't warm up to is the gangly-looking Model 39, but, HERE is a Marlin 39 I could certainly learn to love...

http://www.grizzlycustom.com/custom_lev ... _lite.html
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Pickitiny rails and levers.........don't go together
Funny, mine mounted very easily. Oh, wait you meant aesthetically. Well, that gets down to the subjective point of view. And, opinions are like ......... (fill in the blank) and everybody has one.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad