Bisley matches

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Bisley matches

Post by Ray Newman »

Video produced bye the BBC about the Bisley matches and its history,famous shooters, firearms, etc. Some may find it interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyKSGl0c ... r_embedded
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
BrentD

Re: Bisley matches

Post by BrentD »

Thanks Ray, that is *******' awesome! Someday I will shoot there. It must be truly amazing to visit Bisley. I can't imagine what it would be like to compete there - but I'm going to find out one day.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

I am lucky enough to be able to shoot at Bisley any time I like with the shooting clubs I belong to, so my Shiloh Sharps, Browning 1886, Martini Henrys and Sniders get a good workout there at least once a month. I am also a qualified NRA Range Conducting Officer so I get to officiate at the international competitions. Bisley Camp is a time warp - when you drive through the gates you feel like you should be driving an MG TA or an Austin 7, not a 2013 Honda CRV.
Anyone planning a trip to the UK is welcome to get in touch and I will try to arrange a visit, maybe even a shoot over the hallowed ground.

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I don't know when the next Long Range Muzzleloader World Match will be held in Bisley. Maybe 2019? But I sure would like to make it. I wish there were still NRA BPTR world matches as well, but they are history (again).

Brent
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

I did not get to watch the video yet , but I know that the 1895 Winchester was the only lever action to win Bisley 1000 yards.