425 day service 1520mins smart phone $5 a month

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

425 day service 1520mins smart phone $5 a month

Post by madman4570 »

Think I mentioned this before however as of yesterday I put it into service.
You know what? I am very pleasantly surprised.

Here is how it went down. Up until last month our family was on a Verizon family service plan.
The wife and I just had flip-up phones,mine was the Boulder ?(mil-spec phone but of course )but really was getting obsolete. wife's ? LG something.
Course the daughter 's was the best smart phone with anywhere internet capability unlimited whatever etc. Cost per month aprox. $145
Now that the daughter is out of College and has a fine job she is taking on a few more roles etc. she wants to pay for own phone and of course every year must be best thing going even though it costs her because of 2 year plans. :roll:
So, when she switched I thought I am going to look into all the deals out there?
Normally we are not QVC,HSN watchers but that time frame of early Dec. the wife watches it and buys their candied apples and some other stuff for vistiors etc. Then they had this smart phone deal.
A LG 840G Smart Phone with 3.2" touchscreen,3G Wi-Fi connectivity,2mp camera with video recorder,bluetooth,mobile web access etc.
Also when at a Hot Spot no mins used for searching web etc.

Price $69 + tax,ship
Gives you a year of service and 1500 mins nothing else for that time to buy if you stay with that limit.
Found out yesterday the phone also gives you 60days and 20mins
So, it comes to 1520 mins and 425 days. Which comes to delivered around $5 a month including phone.
I am very surprised with this phone it is very capable.
We didn't know that for Christmas the daughter got us each an expensive Smart Phone with anywhere internet unlimited everything however every month for that you need a $45 card each but we don't have the heart to show her other cheap one?
But for any of you that can live with 1520 mins, 425 day plan for $5 a month very decent phone.
We choose AT&T/ T Mobile combo service because here it works better than Verizon.
Have to watch HSN for that deal when it comes up!

Told the wife, now lets do the $12 TV 20 channel basic, Netflix $8 a month, and TW $14.99 a month internet.
Use two of those HSN phones dump the direct phone line too? just say we are using those other ones to daughter after the $45 cards run out?? :lol:
She says I am getting cheap?

Would come to $44.99 a month in total
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 425 day service 1520mins smart phone $5 a month

Post by Grizz »

is that 1500 minutes for the whole year?

can you use skype ?
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

I also downsized on some of my phone things,I mean really downsized...lol
I was paying something like $200 a month to Sprint for two phones with all the internet goodies on it but I had no signal at all in the mountains where I hunt,so I bought a pre-paid Trac phone and that little 19.99 phone has a signal everywhere!

I didn't know if I could live without the internet on my phone and guess what.... I can!

Called Sprint and told them I was dropping them and they could have cared less.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I really like having the internet on the phone....Maps, Google, and stuff are real handy. I've looked at the displays of WallyWorld phones, and they have unlimited everything for cheap, but, the phones are not what I want. They are just the little, bitty ones that I can't see. I don't use 90% of all the bells and whistles that this Galaxy Note II has, but, it's the only one that I can find that will do what I need it to do. :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Grizz wrote:is that 1500 minutes for the whole year?

can you use skype ?

Yes,
They give you 1520 mins and that amount lasts for 425 days if you wish.
You can add mins anytime you wish and from the start of buying that phone any air time you buy will be tripled free.
Example say after 5 months you are out of time, you buy a 500 min card that card will be tripled to 1500 mins.

But, if one can make 1520 last for a year or even the 425 days its a real bargain.

For everything I am seeing though not sure of yet, if you use a Wi-Fi hot spot your mins do not deduct?
The Skype then I would assume from that circumstance you wouldn't burn your mins?

Package with phone charger,car charger etc.Here is how they worked the mins.
The deal included a code for the 500 minutes (triple to 1500) that would be added to phone.

1500 minutes+20 mins
1500 texts
1500 mb data (though when used at a Wi-Fi hot spot mins/data not absorbed) That I am looking into ??
365 days of service. + 60days

I have to see if I have to switch Wi-Fi setting on phone because sitting next to my Wi-Fi and going on the web searching stuff it looked
like my mins went from 1520 to 1519 ???? But I know with phone my daughter bought us and that has the unlimited anytime,anywhere internet the phone had to be setup to receive my Wi-Fi location?
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Mossy,

I have had the Trac phones for many years. I have had very few issues with them and get good reception in most places I hunt. They recently started offering Android , which I guess is a version of the Smart Phone. My current flip phone is starting to act up and I am going to try one of the Androids. I need to go that route anyway, for work related reasons.

Kevin