.22s today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

.22s today

Post by WinM71 »

I do think the .22RF situation is showing a few signs of easing up. Stopped in at Riley's gun shop today (Hooksett, NH) and they had the metal cans of 325 rds. of Federal hi-vels for $15.95, limit one. That corresponds to a price of $24.54 per 500. I think over the coming year we'll see some growing availability and, hopefully, a decline in the gougers' ability to charge thieving prices.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: .22s today

Post by Blaine »

WinM71 wrote:I do think the .22RF situation is showing a few signs of easing up. Stopped in at Riley's gun shop today (Hooksett, NH) and they had the metal cans of 325 rds. of Federal hi-vels for $15.95, limit one. That corresponds to a price of $24.54 per 500. I think over the coming year we'll see some growing availability and, hopefully, a decline in the gougers' ability to charge thieving prices.
I get depressed when I think of all the wonderfully available Federal Bulk Pacs I didn't buy at 10-12 bucks :cry: I have about 15, plus some loose around, and I've loaned a couple and gave one away. I would die before I gouged my friends.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I was one of those who picked up a brick whenever I was somewhere and thought about it.
Glady I was somewhere and thought about it enough times to be advantagous.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I think things will get better until .....Hilary Clinton announces her run for the Presidency and then the POOP will start all over again. I hope I am wrong but don't think so. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Don't think it is going to get any better, what you are seeing now is the "new normal" , will get much worse as soon as Hillary is coronated at the DNC convention.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I don't know.
Benghazi is starting to bite her in that ample posterior.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Most other ammo is back and the prices are coming down. I would wager 22 will be back by the end of the year. Then we will be in a sweet spot for getting stuff until the 2016 elections. After that my crystal ball gets real fuzzy.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Mescalero wrote:I was one of those who picked up a brick whenever I was somewhere and thought about it.
Glad I was somewhere and thought about it enough times to be advantagous.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

I went to Cabelas in KC today to pick up some fishing stuff, and wondered back to the gun area. This is what I seen, no 22 RF except 22Mag hardly any powder either. Used gun racks about half of what they used to be. People still taking numbers at the gun sales counter. I don't really see it getting better.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Fordwannabe & JNYork: BINGO!

Yup, it will start all over again.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Post by carbluesnake »

Ammo situation here in Texas is better. Academy in Tyler Texas has 9mm, 223, available without restrictions. 9mm is $15 for a box of 50. 22's have loosened a bit. You can buy them but with a 2 box limit.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I know I'm being a downer but I don't see it changing. It's impossible to get .22's around here. I've got them myself as I do most all my other calibers but when you can't replace what you have you don't want to use them no matter how many you have. This just sucks the fun right out of shooting. The only thing there seems to be a steady supply of without being cost prohibiting is 7.62x39.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.