My Home Built Brass Annealing Machine

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

My Home Built Brass Annealing Machine

Post by rbertalotto »

I finally got around to stating to build my brass annealing machine. Too much to post here so I wrote a short article on my web site that has pictures and a video of the machine working.

I still need too install the torches but I thought there might be interest to where the project is currently.

www.rvbprecision.com

Thanks!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My Home Built Brass Annealing Machine

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

WOW, Nice work! If you were running thousands of cases a year it would be worth it. For me the cost of components to build would keep me in brass for a lifetime.
flatnose
Levergunner 3.0

Re: My Home Built Brass Annealing Machine

Post by flatnose »

I could have used that last night. Actually, could have used on a few months ago. I prepped and annealed some 22-250 on their third firing only to find I should have annealed after the second. Lost about 10% to case neck splits, and now I may get another loading on the remainder, but I am a little wary of the brass. Bummer is I just spent time looking for some winchester 22-250 brass and there is none to be had.
I have been meaning to build an annealing machine for the past 15 years, but never got around to it.