out to the range today .....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

out to the range today .....

Post by new pig hunter »

took the Winchester Trapper in .45LC and 100 rds of Underwood Ammo 250-gr +P ammo, which the Trapper likes better than any other ammunition it has found. Moved a couple of bowling pins all over the range.

then tried out a new one for me: a 1971 Glenfield Model 60, .22LR semi-auto. A friend's rifle, he wanted me to clean it up, sight-in the scope, and in general get it up and running .... it's been in storage for over 10 years.
Worked like a champ, no problems at all, over 250 rds sent downrange. The scope is a Glenfield 4x15 .... after being spoiled with modern Leupolds and such, I'll just say the scope was "adequate." Fortunately it was almost perfectly sighted-in.

Cheers,

Carl
1894c

Re: out to the range today .....

Post by 1894c »

new pig hunter -- like that .22, had one just like it back in the day, those are very accurate and allot of fun...thanks for sharing... :)
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

that M-G .22 really brings back memories. Can't imagine trying to use that scope nowadays with my old eyes.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

I have the carbine version of that rifle, it's the Glenfield 75. Still love it. My scope is a little newer. The old 22's are so well built they will out last me.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

The only other .22LR semi-auto I've ever used is my 1972 Remington Nylon 66. 10 gazillion rounds and it's still running like a top.

And that was my "standard" for this Glenfield. I'm pleased to say it also ran flawless for the rounds I put through it. It is tube feed and holds 18. Several times I loaded up 18 and pulled the trigger as fast as possible .... no problems. A real shooter.

Cheers,

Carl