Best Recoil pads

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Best Recoil pads

Post by getitdone1 »

I've tried the search feature without much luck.

What are the best recoil pads--the ones that lessen felt recoil the most?

Decelerater

Kickeze

Limbsaver

???

Of course go to their specific sites and each says they make the best.
Think this subject was covered not long ago. Round two. Sometime repeats on subjects are better than original. Reason? You sometimes catch the attention of a new bunch of people.

Don McCullough
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Don,

I have a Declerator on My 1895GS 45-70/457WW Mag and really like it. It came with the rifle from Wild West Guns, Anch.,AK.

Don't know nothing about the others...
Last edited by Jarhead on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I prefer Limbsaver myself, got them all the hard kickers I've got, 50AK, 416 Rem Mag, 8mm Mag etc. These things really work.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

One vote for Kick Eze
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

A shot bag 3/4 of the way filled with sand. You know where to put it.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Decelerators, (old English) is my favorite. I have one on my Browning 1895 30-06 and on my model 71 450 Alaskan. I picked the Old English Decelerator for my Browning 95, because I have been so impressed with the same pad on the 450 Alaskan using full loads.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I put a limbsaver on my 405, and it turned it into a really pleasant rifle to shoot.
Then we got a slip on limbsaver to use on the 43 Egyptian rolling block, again got things toned down to a comfortable level.
When we built up the 40-65 roller the buttstock was built around the limbsaver recoil pad. My wife can shoot 40 or more rounds of full power blackpowder loads with 400 gr bullets and not be discomforted any.

I suppose you might say I'm a big fan of limbsaver. :D
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

No experience myself, but know a big time shotgun shooter here in Az.
Puts kickeze on all his guns
I believe him
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Believe some of my problem with my Browning A-Bolt, 375 H&H giving me a sore shoulder is it's weight. 8.03 lbs unloaded. Another thing I noticed is it's Browning factory recoil pad is soft in the middle and hard on the outside. This helps to explain the blue streaks on my shoulder after I fired it 6 times. The outer part of that pad is solid, hard rubber. What are they thinking? I would think rounding the edges would also help when making recoil pads for the hard kickers.

Don McCullough
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Lastmohecken wrote:Decelerators, (old English) is my favorite. I have one on my Browning 1895 30-06 and on my model 71 450 Alaskan. I picked the Old English Decelerator for my Browning 95, because I have been so impressed with the same pad on the 450 Alaskan using full loads.
Lastmohecken,

Aren't the edges/corners of the Old English pad you mention--rounded?

If so I think that would be better than most which have "sharp" edges.

Less apt to "cut into" your shoulder with rounded edges.

Don McCullough
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

+ a bunch on Limbsavers, I have a very bad right shoulder and without a recoil pad I cannot shoot anything, heavyer than a 22.So I have them on all of my rifles and shotguns. hth Doug
a armed man is his own master
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

getitdone1 wrote:
Lastmohecken wrote:Decelerators, (old English) is my favorite. I have one on my Browning 1895 30-06 and on my model 71 450 Alaskan. I picked the Old English Decelerator for my Browning 95, because I have been so impressed with the same pad on the 450 Alaskan using full loads.
Lastmohecken,

Aren't the edges/corners of the Old English pad you mention--rounded?

If so I think that would be better than most which have "sharp" edges.

Less apt to "cut into" your shoulder with rounded edges.

Don McCullough
Yes, they are rounded, and they feel very good to me, even when I shoulder one of them with only a tee shiirt on or even no shirt at all on, very confortable.
Billy Boy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Billy Boy »

+4 for Limbsaver! I have them on three of my shotguns and one on my 336T/A. I also have a Decellerator on my 870 20 gauge. Hard to tell the difference on the 20 gauges as I have a Limbsaver on the 1100 semi and the Pachmayr unit on the 870 pump! Tremendous difference in their basic felt recoil levels to begin with; making the ultimate difference with the pads installed impossible to gauge. I also have a Ram-Line aftermarket stock in Max-4 on my 870 that I use for waterfowl. It has the cooshiest pad I have seen this side of the aforementioned aftermarket pads!
I'm planning on installing a Limbsaver on my recently aquired 1894SS.
BB

:wink:
You can get alot further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone!
Al Capone