Mike Johnson, I Have A Problem With You

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Mike Johnson, I Have A Problem With You

Post by Blaine »

I flagged your post in my thread "Not One Enemy", and I stated the following:

"I would suggest that Mike's post vis-a-vis some pictures is personally offensive, to me, and generally to the majority of forum members. I value Mike's friendship, and have nothing but respect for his character. There is also no reason to believe that posts like the ones he references are base and immoral. I would like to complain that Mike is using his own personal standards to unfairly, and incorrectly judge others on this forum. I would suggest that if some are so sensitive that innocent, G Rated pics are unpalatable, that perhaps the internet is not the ideal medium for you to pursue your entertainment."

You have personally shamed, and insulted me, and other august members of this forum based upon your personal views that have nothing to do with the required standards of this forum. I would suggest that my personal standards are just as high and "correct" as yours. It's unbecoming for you to assume a position of moral superiority over such fine and reputable gentlemen as is found on this forum.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Mike Johnson, I Have A Problem With You

Post by gamekeeper »

I for one, am surprised that complaints are made about pictures of attractive females, do the same people complain about females pictured with dead game animals or fish they have caught?
I read nearly every post on this forum and there are some "real characters" here that brighten up the mood from time to time, whether it be photos of the moon, cars stuck up trees or pretty acquaintances.
I suppose we could get by without such distractions and just talk non stop about what firearms and bullets are the best to kill animals and other human beings but I for one prefer the lighter side of life too.
In fact I sometimes worry about the kind of people with such extreme views having access to firearms.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

This forum has, at least for me, become so much more than just "Leverguns." Not that I don't still have just as strong feelings about the nature of the subject guns...
game keeper wrote:In fact I sometimes worry about the kind of people with such extreme views having access to firearms.
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

My first thought is for the mods, they have a tough job trying to be fair to everyone , it`s not easy.

Because some are in bathing suits? Better them than OS! :o
:lol: :lol:

As far as the pics imo, it could be worse. :lol:

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

If a Human in this world today has a big problem with the Pictures in question they need help. go to the store , mall , beach and they will see people with far less clothing on. plus a lot of nasty obese people who need to put some clothes on , and shouldn't be allowed in public.
Tell them to move to a remote island with no T.V. or internet.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I do not refer to the picture in the post other to say that it was perfectly legal by forum standards, nor did I refer to the young lady in the photos. And I certainly don't put myself above anyone, much less the people on this forum. I was in fact pleading the case for those whose thoughts and opinions I value very much, those that contribute to this forum in a far greater way than I.

For those offended by my comments, I apologize.

As for me, I have enjoyed those I have had discussions with, met and shared time and stories with. I thank Paco for his open site that allows this group to gather and I thank Hobie and AMBRACOL for a trusting me with the green name tag. Been a nice ride. Think I will move on. Take care, keep the fire going, but you can give my seat at the fire to a new lever gunner. I won't be needing it. Blessings to all. Health, peace, OUT.....
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to read this Mike, I hope you reconsider and I wish all those who complain to the mods, who are only trying to do their job, will have the guts to post their complaints in the open. :(
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

rjohns94 wrote: Been a nice ride. Think I will move on. Take care, keep the fire going, but you can give my seat at the fire to a new lever gunner. I won't be needing it. Blessings to all. Health, peace, OUT.....

Really? This is your answer? What ever happened to "Sticks and stones may break my bones......"?

Bob in Friday Harbor, WA
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

As for me, I have enjoyed those I have had discussions with, met and shared time and stories with. I thank Paco for his open site that allows this group to gather and I thank Hobie and AMBRACOL for a trusting me with the green name tag. Been a nice ride. Think I will move on. Take care, keep the fire going, but you can give my seat at the fire to a new lever gunner. I won't be needing it. Blessings to all. Health, peace, OUT.....
That would be a great lose to this board and would personally be very sad :(
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Pitchy wrote:
Here here.. :(
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Blaine, I think you are overreacting and shooting the messenger. Mike has a thankless job as a Moderator. He has to respond to complaints by other members. He is not imposing his own personal standards in his role as moderator, but those established by the owners and founders of this site. In no way in his post in your thread did he ever personally attack or offend you...only pose a question to the forum in general as to the appropriateness of certain pictures that other members have found offensive.

Personally, I don't see why people react to such pictures. Frankly, they strike me in the same vein as the intolerant people who want to see prayer and God eradicated completely just because they don't believe themselves. As for the pictures, I see them inserted in threads where they don't seem to relate to the subject matter nor add anything to the conversation. However, I just ignore them and move on. Could we do with less of them...I believe so. Do they offend me...no.

Now that you've decided to call Mike out and make a mountain out of a mole hill, and unfairly accused him of judging you, you have driven away another significant member of this community, one who has served with distinction to moderate the forum, contributed knowledge and support to members in near 10k posts, and who has benefited many of us with his generosity. Wish I could say the same about the rest of the members here. If you really want to make a difference on this forum Blaine, why don't you try being a moderator and deal with the myriad of personalities that abound on a public forum?

Think I'll mosey on down the road as well...this forum ain't what it used to be.
Last edited by alnitak on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

At the risk of offending folks, I personally like the pretty
pictures. 8) :D I particularly remember one of LadyJ in
a pink bikini and a straw hat. Beautiful woman and a tasteful
picture. You can see the same thing in the Sears circular in the
paper every Sunday...... except the models aren't as pretty.
Is the content appropriate to the forum?! If she's holding
a levergun it is! :lol:

Then, there's Pitchy. Do you know what a half-slip is man?!?! :roll:
Sheesh....or wear a kilt - those ain't as sheer!

There are a couple of loud-mouthed prudes on this forum, and I
don't think that they represent the majority of those here. I've never
seen anything on this forum that I'd consider offensive. That said, I don't
own the place, so the moderators have the final word. If i don't like
it, I can go elsewhere. But if I hang around, I've got to respect the
moderators' decisions, and I do. Might I disagree? Sure - but respectfully.

You squares - lighten up. :lol:

-Stretch
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

some things are offensive, some things are creepy, some things are benign, and some things are Pitchy.

the Pitchy things will usually draw me back for a second look, but if I find something offensive or creepy, it will shut a thread down for me. I guess people who still want to play will still play, and that's fine.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

rjohns94 wrote:I do not refer to the picture in the post other to say that it was perfectly legal by forum standards, nor did I refer to the young lady in the photos. And I certainly don't put myself above anyone, much less the people on this forum.< That's exactly what you have done!!!)) I was in fact pleading the case for those whose thoughts and opinions I value very much, those that contribute to this forum in a far greater way than I.

For those offended by my comments, I apologize.

It's not so much your comments that have offended people but that you are trying to impose your personal beliefs on others. You act as if you're on one of your missions preaching moral standards to those that already have pretty solid, basic, moral, and religious beliefs/standards.

Now you're going to take your ball and go home???? C'mon - don't do that. Stick around and shoot the bull with us. Sometimes you'll just have to do what I've learned to do over the years and just bite your tounge and not critisize others who don't travel down your alley.
ED
Yer never too old
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

moderator is a tough job.
Mike had to deal with the problem in pm's off the forum, and he vented about it on the forum. That was his mistake.
We all make mistakes every day.
Mike's post did not offend me, and I think the majority really don't care.
The way I see it, though, most people don't want to have to see anybody's venting.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

This whole thread is sickening. Why are pictures of scantily clad females labeled 'obscene' while pictures of dead or dying people labeled 'news' and plastered all over the TV? We live in a society that is horrified with beauty in the world and drawn to the graphic depiction of death, cruelty, and dishonor.

It's sad . . . . . . . . .

As to Mike's task, the moderators have it tough, granted but it seems to me that they need to dispense a dose of 'get over yourself' when someone complains about something this innocent. If a member complains that his wife and kids have seen something this tame, that member needs to rethink any contact outside their own property. No TV, no radio, and especially no internet because life is out there being lived and this kind of display is simply what life is.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Guys-------How bout we all take a deep breath and think this through.

I think of both you guys (as my very good friends)I respect you both and again when we post on here(not talking face to face)its tough.

Things can get out of hand. This Forum needs both of you two. I would be deeply saddened if either you guys left. Please as friends can we work this out? Pride is tough/but sometimes screw it and just let it go.

I know for a fact most everyone deeply likes you guys.(and respects you)

Either of you leave----its a sad day for me and for leverguns! :(

Deepest respect!

ps----I know both you guys are a couple say what you think tough dudes and you each ain't going to back down(unless we guys say please will you)-----so Please!
Last edited by madman4570 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
wll
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wll »

Pitchy wrote:My first thought is for the mods, they have a tough job trying to be fair to everyone , it`s not easy.

Because some are in bathing suits? Better them than OS! :o
:lol: :lol:

As far as the pics imo, it could be worse. :lol:

LOL, LOL, LOL.

wll
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

madman4570 wrote:Guys-------How bout we all take a deep breath and think this through.

I think of both you guys (as my very good friends)I respect you both and again when we post on here(not talking face to face)its tough.

Things can get out of hand. This Forum needs both of you two. I would be deeply saddened if either you guys left. Please as friends can we work this out? Pride is tough/but sometimes screw it and just let it go.

I know for a fact most everyone deeply likes you guys.(and respects you)

Either of you leave----its a sad day for me and for leverguns! :(

Deepest respect!

ps----I know both you guys are a couple say what you think tough dudes and you each ain't going to back down(unless we guys say please will you)-----so Please!
+1 good also to keep a fight between two Believers out of a public forum. No I am not innocent. Much love to you both, and may His will for your hearts prevail on this issue.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mike specifically asked that comments be made public.
If a moderator thinks a rule has been broken, move or delete the post. Giving the personal reason why will invite ornery, immoral, and base characters such as myself to give chase.
I calls 'em like I see 'em.
I sincerely offer prayers up for those that would judge others.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

When I click on something I don't care for I just move on. I really hate to see these two fine brothers move on.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Mike and Blaine are two fellows I would trust my life with.....even my dogs!

The sooner this gets back to normal the better and hopefully that includes all.....the ride can continue....just time for a coffee maybe......who has not got their horns all locked up on here?? I have and most prob's will again.

Time out.

Pitchy, any more photo's like that keep them logs out of it! :cry:

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Nath wrote:Mike and Blaine are two fellows I would trust my life with.....even my dogs!

The sooner this gets back to normal the better and hopefully that includes all.....the ride can continue....just time for a coffee maybe......who has not got their horns all locked up on here?? I have and most prob's will again.

Time out.

N.
I've posted pictures of my beautiful Daughter on several occasions. I'm proud of her, and her accomplishments, and the fact that she shoots better than I do.
If I thought for an instant that anyone looked at her and thought she was obscene, or lecherous, or somehow offensive....well, that person would not be safe in the room with me. :|

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

BlaineG wrote:If a moderator thinks a rule has been broken, move or delete the post.
This can and has occured here even though no rule was broken. That moderator then made windy speeches about some imaginary and, notably, unwritten standard, and then went on to post debatable images and mocked those who observed that that it had been done.

Then he hides while an honest peer calls him his on his offense and takes heat from the membership for trying to explain a members complaint.

Mike didn't start this, he only tried to address it.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Nath wrote:Mike and Blaine are two fellows I would trust my life with.....even my dogs!

Time out.

N.
Is this better :lol:

Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

My goodness Pitchy get some sun on those legs sir...

rick
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

jumbeaux wrote:My goodness Pitchy get some sun on those legs sir...

rick
I tell ya :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pitchy wrote:Is this better :lol:

1. Wife says YES (actually said I should get one like that, in our official Scottish Clan Tartan)

2. daughter still says "Eewww..." :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

People who do not lighten up are destined to spend eternity in the back seat of this car.
Life is too short to be miserable-------6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

AJMD429 wrote:
Pitchy wrote:Is this better :lol:

1. Wife says YES (actually said I should get one like that, in our official Scottish Clan Tartan)

2. daughter still says "Eewww..." :lol:
Lessee... I have one in Buchanan Plaid: (VERY old pic)

One in OD Green:

and one in Black Ripstop for night ops... :twisted:

I've also pleated a couple of generic Campbell tartans into quick kilts for various events (including one where I wore a Kimono style top, a Chonmage & Bandana, and a Katana along with a tanto for a Sgian Dubh... My costume was Angus McNakamora from the Eastern Highlands of Mt Fuji... They drink LOTS of Scotch Whisky there :lol: )
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Pitchy wrote:

Time out.

N.

Nope....still see m' :cry:

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

BlaineG wrote:

Time out.

N.
I've posted pictures of my beautiful Daughter on several occasions. I'm proud of her, and her accomplishments, and the fact that she shoots better than I do.
If I thought for an instant that anyone looked at her and thought she was obscene, or lecherous, or somehow offensive....well, that person would not be safe in the room with me. :|
I hear you my good friend, your daughter like mine is lovely, we are both blessed and feel very protective.
Mike is a good man Blaine, you don't need me to tell you that, you know that because you are a good man and can spot other good men a thousand yards away......all this....it's nowt really......nothing a little time can't sort.

Take care a treasured friend.

Nathan.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Please let us all drop this and get back to discussions about lever actions. Let's face it, questions like why the 444 is far superior to the 45-70 are truly educational and worthy of a hot stove debate.

I trust the mods to set the standards and have not been shocked or worried yet. Compared to the nonsense on my Disney channel social engineering my children we seem to really be on the same moral page around here even when we disagree a bit about details. I once signed up to protect the rights of folks to freedom of thought and expression with my life even when I didn't want to support or hear the real world application.

I'm asking folks to please hang around if you can. Without a true mix of folks it is like always talking with yourself after awhile!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Canuck Bob wrote:Please let us all drop this and get back to discussions about lever actions. Let's face it, questions like why the 444 is far superior to the 45-70 are truly educational and worthy of a hot stove debate.
Fie on THEE! The .45-70 shall never be equaled! (Surpassed by the .457 WWG Magnum maybe) but never equaled! :lol:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Pitchy!!! That's a GREAT improvement!! :o

Not so much as I'd call the outfit becoming,
but it IS better...... :lol:

-Stretch
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

BlaineG , I see no problem with your post and agree with COSteve and what he said +1.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

game keeper wrote:
Pitchy wrote:
Here here.. :(
I concur. As Pitchy said earlier, I feel for the Mods. We ALL know, or should know by now, that is a "family" forum, post and act accordingly... I've not seen in a good long time, what might offend, but I don't look at every topic, let alone the majority of posts. I use my grandmother's example of proper language, and while her vocabulary might have limited, due a lack of formal education, but she wouldn't tolerate "earthy" language. And while I think the feminine form is one of God's wondrous gifts to man, others are not so liberal in their views, so this is NOT the place to share them.

Mike, I apologize for my lack of immediate support for the position you're in. I struggle to maintain a facade of civility, for I know I'm just a foul-mouthed former sailor, cop, horse-shoer and have now sunk to being a truck-driver! Mike we NEED men like yourself.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
wilko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by wilko »

Pitchy wrote:

Time out.

N.

Cool... got a kilt here somewhere myself and i think pitchy inspired me to go look for it !

anyways, Hobie for president (and O.S for vice president) :)
"there's a man going around, taking names.."
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Griff wrote: And while I think the feminine form is one of God's wondrous gifts to man, others are not so liberal in their views, so this is NOT the place to share them.

This is ridiculous. First how many people on here know OS ?????? Heck you all must like him(including the top guns cause you all made him a moderator????)---------How long has he kidded with us with the Levergun Sweethearts??? Everyone seemed fine all these years.
I went back and see others did/do the same thing----(Lady Joyce ring a bell) a delightful creature I might add. Who all responded favorably?????????

Good grief fella's------------Once for start finding fault with a pic of a friend of OS's in those very mundane pics or because Blaine said beexwax(or whatever)------then it is time that only EVERYTHING SHOULD STOP EXCEPT JUST 100% SHOOTING criteria period. :roll:

You know-----------I bet after reading all the above stuff--------I bet Blaine is as mad as a wet hen(he can't but help think-------Are those members so protected on this earth thinking his daughters pics etc.fits into it.(I would think that if I was him(and I would be mad too)Blaine I loved your pics and have nothing but honorable feelings for you and your daughters fine photos.

If it is swearing(I mean not beezschnoodle but swearing/naked pics/threats/on and on-----fine.

But, the stuff on these two posts.--------whoever is complaining on that----and not manning up like Blaine did(callin one out on it)-----you should be ashamed of yourselves. Wouldn't want you watching my back.

OS-------was/is respected years on here(everybody/or the vast majority)liked it.Now you wanna pull this stuff on him.---Pitiful :roll:
Maybe next person that says-------chevy/ford/jeep/Yugo is the nicest vehicle----I will find it offensive.Maybe the next time someone kids someone I will find that offensive????--------someone makes a negative remark about a gun I have------might be offended????

OS/Blaine----------I for one apologize for some. Mike--------didn't think you were the type dude that gets knocked on his keyster(oh heck now am I in trouble/bad word)that would not get up or just plain bail?????

altinak------Your cranked cause its your bro(I get that/least you are manning up)

Tell you guys what------hurry up and decide(get off the fence someone with the authority)and decide-----if you only want to talk gun stuff period--------let me know-------cause I find that boring! Won't have to ask me to leave/I will gladly part.

I thought we had something special on this forum(maybe I am wrong now)?????
Least I have the guts to speak it(for me)----and stand on what I say------and if I find maybe I was wrong/partly wrong----I have the guts to turn the other cheek and say (forgive me/I forgive you/etc.)

Just running home to momma (pulling up stakes because you got spanked)---------Kindergarten time!

Whoever has a problem with my posts--------least man up and say it to my face-----------I am a big boy! :roll:
Last edited by madman4570 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Jerry B said
When I click on something I don't care for I just move on. I really hate to see these two fine brothers move on.
I have to agree with JerryB's comment. I'm sorry to see such knowledgeable fellow levergunners feuding :(

PS - LOVE those black socks Pitchy :lol:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm not "Mad" at anyone....Comments were asked for in the open.....I did so...I'll take my lumps for chasing a valued member away...( though, it's not a "thang" that someone can
"make" someone do something that they don't want to do.....)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Am I the only one here that is thinking we have entirely too many guys willing to dawn a skirt??? :lol:
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

You didn't chase anyone away. He got sand in his feminine reproductive equipment and threw a hissy fit.

Nothing in those photos was bad. You'll worse click on CNN.com or Fox News, or walking down an aisle in Wal-Mart.

I think a good chunk of the forum members need to grow up, open their eyes, and realize this is not 1852 no matter how hard they wish it was, and seeing a female face is not going to cause any heart attacks.....they were both fully dressed and 'properly' even by this forum's inane standards. If some grandkid had an issue with that, he must have been blindfolded since birth.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

MrMurphy wrote:You didn't chase anyone away. He got sand in his feminine reproductive equipment and threw a hissy fit.

Nothing in those photos was bad. You'll worse click on CNN.com or Fox News, or walking down an aisle in Wal-Mart.

I think a good chunk of the forum members need to grow up, open their eyes, and realize this is not 1852 no matter how hard they wish it was, and seeing a female face is not going to cause any heart attacks.....they were both fully dressed and 'properly' even by this forum's inane standards. If some grandkid had an issue with that, he must have been blindfolded since birth.

Dead right!

I think Mike will think about it----------------and come back.
I really like Mike(he is a good man) just a little disappointed in him for just bailing (over this stuff)
For those with protected ears----I said stuff(not sh##)and the auto correct spelled out "stuff" :roll:
Not like him-----------------------maybe he has a lot of other stuff going on right now.
He will come to his senses I think?
Whoever complained initially I wish would have just expressed (could have been in a nice civil manner to Blaine/OS or whoever?
Maybe Mike was too nice to tell the person------Let me first talk to the boss???
Kinda like making one of the workers in a factory that has been working with the regular guys for years a Dept. Tech/Forman.
All of a sudden power kinda goes to your head a little(can't say "NO" and you get into a can of worms.

For a couple years where I worked I let them talk me into a Quality Technical Manager position(course along with being the Metrologist role too :roll: Was new at this (boss deal)had to tell them because of a women complaining that two of the guys(Mechanical Calibration Technicians)were "passing gas too much"-----need to remove themselves first from area. :lol: I did so.

Next day I come in-------Good Morning People!
Open my door to office(they had a audio fanny burp alarm in the door jam so it sounded as I walked through door.
On the wall starring directly at me when seated at desk was a 18 x 18" bright red sign of a whilte silhouette figure bending over straining with puffs of gas coming out his butt----------and in a different shade of white/gray going over that section was a big "X"

Thought right then-----------------------they ain't paying me enough to be the boss too :lol:

Same with complaints with same couple dudes(taking smoke breaks)people reported them----too long(I was tasked to look into/fix it)
Called the guys over-----------------said you two "stuffs" realize every move you do(and how long)the security cams are videoing you???? Knock it off--------cause if it goes above me after this moment----------and they pull tapes-------chances are you will get fired------so,knock the stuff off! Know what they said--------------------looking up in the air------------what cameras/where??? :lol: :oops:
Thing was (with the exception of passing gas/smoking couple breaks------they were awesome workers. The ones complaining acted like good workers(but ??) Boss job-------------------------nope,not for me!
Last edited by madman4570 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

horsesoldier03 wrote:Am I the only one here that is thinking we have entirely too many guys willing to dawn a skirt??? :lol:
so far it's only Pitchy, but that may be one too many.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I went on vacation last week and haven't been checking on the forum much. It took me a while to find out what was going on but I did find all the post al last. I'm kinda slow. It's a good thing I didn't rush back and share my vacation photo's with you guy's. I had a couple with my daughter and my ugly mug in them. They may have caused some problems since OS photo's did. Maybe there is something wrong with those photo's, but I see much worse on the college campus I work at. Maybe it has made me numb to such things. But I would not have rushed to get rid of the screen if my wife walked up behind me and seen the pictures. So I don't see the big deal. I will keep it just guns from now on, so's not to offend anyone.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Anyone attacking someone else's values can cause nothing but lasting ill will

Even if you disagree with someone, accentuating the positive and actively ignoring the negative will prevent ill will.

This thing should have been addressed off the board rather than as broad, public attacks of the values of others.

We all make mistakes, but dragging this on will not improve anything.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

If my wife walked up behind me and freaked out because of a photo included in a post of someone else like those---------------I would be thinking-------------don't need that women in my life.

I trust my wife/she trusts me.

Those that do not have same deal-----------------------------sorry, but don't make us suffer.
Besides actually men that hide under momma's skirt--------------------most women don't usually respect those men anyway! :wink:

It's not that ONE/TWO pics-----------------someone has their undies are in a bunch cause OS has fine looking women friends.(must be can't deal with it)

What a bunch of $%&%#@^*(*%$%
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Mike did what he thought was right...he got a complaint and he had three options.

1. Ignore it.
2. Jump on it and delete the post and discipline OS.
3. Bring it 'public' and say "Hey guys what do you all think...?"

I think he did the right thing.

The only time '2' would my choice is if the complaint came from higher up as opposed to a regular forum member. The forum owners have the right to make any rules they want.

He was too polite to do '1' so instead sought a consensus of other members. Probably not wanting to tell the complainer some of the stuff the rest of us would say (about not being so oversensitive, etc.).

So he picked '3' and I don't blame him. Wouldn't want the job of green-letter man neither...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I'm only occasionally able to visit the board these days. Too much going on at work and home and not enough time for shooting or even much thinking about shooting.

A few minutes ago, I was on a news site and read an article about a veteran of Okinawa that was just recently beaten to death by two teenagers with flashlights on his way from his parked car to a game of pool at the Eagles Lodge in Spokane.

Then I pop over here and read too much text devoted to a non-topic containing a non-picture which solicited a complaint from someone who should be a non-member that has driven a moderator to a non-participatory status.

How about getting some perspective please. I can't believe there are two threads with 3 pages each about this. How do we let these things devolve to this point when there is SO much more going on around us. If you're looking for something to be offended about, turn on your television or walk down to your local convenience store and buy a Slurpee and hang out for 30 minutes and see how your delicate sensibilities fare.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.