Gun show report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Gun show report

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hi fellas -

Was on vacation the week before last and traveled all last week on business, so haven't been able to visit here as often as I'd like - the story of my life. :( In the middle of helping my mother move out of her place of 25 years to an "independent living community". Plus getting ready for Y2K's upcoming "Court of Honor" for the Boy Scouts. Busy - as always.

I did take a break this morning though to take Y2K to the "Dixie Gun & Knife" show in Charlotte. We got there early - around 9:15am (opened at 9:00am), and waited in the rain for 30-40 minutes to get through the line and inside. Three buildings - and they were full of vendors and people. Lots of guns, including plenty of black rifles at reasonable prices. Not nearly as many leveractions as I would like to have seen, and the ones I saw were highly-prized by their sellers. I didn't really bother looking at handguns as it is across the state line from me, and I don't want to go through the FFL transfer headache and costs. I wasn't really looking for a new (or used) firearm anyway (though I'm always in the market :wink: ). I really was looking for primers, and then some .22 LR ammunition.

Well, unlike the last two shows, several vendors had primers. A brick of CCI Small Pistol Primers ranged from $48 to $30 (I bought them at the latter :D ). Glad to see them "back in stock". Saw plenty of powder too.

.22 LR ammo was a whole different story though. Most ammo vendors had none. The few odd boxes I saw were way over-priced. I saw a couple bricks of Remington Thunderbolt for $60/brick! No thanks - I have plenty and will wait!

Did pick up a Ruger BX-25 magazine for $30. Saw plenty of these two, raning from $45 to $30 bucks each. Last show, only saw a couple, and they were $59 each - or more!

Well, powder, primers, magazines and AR-15's seem to be coming back in supply. .22 LR ammo will be a bit longer of a wait. Not a bad show - just too darn many people!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gun show report

Post by RIHMFIRE »

pretty much the same down here...local show was not impressive at all
eveything was overpriced...especially 22lr..
I laughed at a couple of vendors...who wanted 75 to 90 bucks for the 550 rem boxes
Two days later...i got them at walmart for 21.95 :wink:

I was going to go to the orlando show...and then bass pro...
but worked a little, and then cut the grass...and saved money...

I do need to get a new scope for my muzzleloader, powder and bullets....
season starts 2 months from today!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Good report, haven't been to a show in years. Around here it's mostly just junk anymore.

You know it just dawned on me. We've all pretty much watched YK2 grow up around here. Sir, you have done good with that one.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, I'll be glad when your work slows down a bit, I miss your posts and photos!
Your gun show report has reminded me, I must go to the next gun show at Bisley. I've missed a couple and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.. :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
getting ready for Y2K's upcoming "Court of Honor" for the Boy Scouts. Busy - as always.

Well, CONGRATS to him ! . :mrgreen:

IIRC, that means he made Eagle Scout, doesn't it ?

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Pete44ru wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:
getting ready for Y2K's upcoming "Court of Honor" for the Boy Scouts. Busy - as always.

Well, CONGRATS to him ! . :mrgreen:

IIRC, that means he made Eagle Scout, doesn't it ?

Not yet. His troop (like most) hold a formal "Court of Honor" 2-3 times a year. This is where the families come in and get to see the "official" recognition for the merit badges and rank advancements the scouts have earned. Y2K finished off all his merit badges and other rank requirements for Eagle, so now all he needs to do is pick a project, have it approved, and complete it. Once done, this is a separate ceremony.

He is his troop's "SPL" (Senior Patrol Leader), the top youth leader in the troop. He is putting together the Court of Honor ceremony. I am the Troop's "Advancements Coordinator", thus the work for me. I spent about 5-6 hours today getting ready for it. It is worth it though!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jeepnik wrote:Good report, haven't been to a show in years. Around here it's mostly just junk anymore.

You know it just dawned on me. We've all pretty much watched YK2 grow up around here. Sir, you have done good with that one.
Thanks! He's the good one.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

game keeper wrote:Jay, I'll be glad when your work slows down a bit, I miss your posts and photos!
Your gun show report has reminded me, I must go to the next gun show at Bisley. I've missed a couple and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.. :?
I know what you mean. Even if my gun funds are zero, I still end up going just to ease the symptoms! :lol:
Y2K
Levergunner

Post by Y2K »

I got an Magpul RVG!!!!! :D :) :D :)