Gals and events of July

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Gals and events of July

Post by Old Savage »

Well let's start with Pat and Tracy, They went on a "hike" in Placerita Canyon in 100+ heat, turned to to be more than they knew. From the top they could see downtown Los Angeles and on clear days Catalina is visible. 4 1/2 miles long climb but it seems the trail back goes up and down over fire breaks of up and down of 1800 feet - so 9 miles, 5 hours, 1800 feet of total climb. But - :) here the they are ready for church the next morning.

Ilona wanted to see the golf course - as we are pulling in she asked why we park so far. I said under the tree so balls from the range don't hit the Jeep - you know what is coming - she said it is 7/7 and the plane that crashed was a 777 and that it was flight 214 and that was her condo #. When we got back in Old Sam a very dapper black gentleman said " a goff ball hit yo cah" - I said what :) he said " a goff ball hit yo cah". Sure enough - through tree - dent in the roof left front. Here is Ilona. She is Polish.

My dentist has a new receptionist who "friended" me on FB. I put her cover photo on my page. Blaine made a comment that got him properly "moderated" by Ms Boots. Oh that Blaine! I removed the picture to save him the chastisement. Here is Maggie. She is Mexican.

A Mexican friend began a workout program wanted me to come see what she is doing and meet and consult with her new trainer. Very aggressive program of fitness. The trainer is Mexican, German - like my wife and Polish. Here is Carlene.

I am sensing a big international web out there somewhere.

Mary from Montana called and may come down for a visit.

Mary is Blonde :) I think.

No wait that is Boots - obviously not a moderator to be messed with - she is blonde too - better watch out Blaine.

Here is Mary - a rodeo champion - think it is good to watch out for blondes on horses

Although this is on a pier.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Gals and events of July

Post by Blaine »

Tell Ilona: BR-549 8) and that I give tuba lessons... :D :D
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm keepin' it shut... but not for the reasons you think. :twisted: :twisted: :P :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Blaine, wow, hope Boots doesn't come get you again :) this is Rennae of Superstition Leather in Apache Junction, AZ. She messaged to say that my Urban Saddle Bag which we designed is almost ready but being stitched up by Cheri (no picture) of Red Feather Trading Post also of Apache Junction due to equipment problems. Do you also give stitching lessons? It will be shown on Dusty Leather where she will be featured. You may want to contact her regarding your own custom leather work.

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Savage wrote:Blaine, wow, hope Boots doesn't come get you again :) this is Rennae of Superstition Leather in Apache Junction, AZ. She messaged to say that my Urban Saddle Bag which we designed is almost ready but being stitched up by Cheri (no picture) of Red Feather Trading Post also of Apache Junction due to equipment problems. Do you also give stitching lessons? It will be shown on Dusty Leather where she will be featured. You may want to contact her regarding your own custom leather work.

I'll keep her in stitches.... 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Eye-Bite!
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Eye-Bite! »

Classic photo of Mary there. Any details on the Sharps(?) she is holding?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is Boots - Mary is on the pier. But, I am sure either Boots or ollogger could tell you about the Sharps should they show here.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here is Ilona at the range her first time ever

and her first target with a Colt .22 and an IJ 45 Colt at 5 to 7 yds.

Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Interesting post :D :D :D Thanks :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

Old Savage wrote:Blaine, wow, hope Boots doesn't come get you again :) this is Rennae of Superstition Leather in Apache Junction, AZ. She messaged to say that my Urban Saddle Bag which we designed is almost ready but being stitched up by Cheri (no picture) of Red Feather Trading Post also of Apache Junction due to equipment problems.

There are no equipment problems that I can detect.

Bob in Friday Harbor
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

Nope. ALL of the "equipment " looks very much in place and in good working order from my perspective.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Now your tryin' to steal Boots???????? Does Ollogger know about this???? At what point is your harem full?????

Gads! I'm glad you don't live near me or you would be after Ms. Sixgun just to steal my Winchesters & Colts. :D

OS sure is somethin'. That little Mexican sure is a cutie. I have a softspot for black haired women. They are wild and crazy, full of substance. :D ------------------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Sixgun wrote: I have a softspot for black haired women. They are wild and crazy, full of substance. :D ------------------6
Especially on a clear night with the stars out and waves gently rolling in, the fire burning, beverages cold and a view of the lights of Duluth. :mrgreen:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Boots is in bed with the 45 colt
so im not gonna disturb her tonight
she gets up at 3.30 am
ollogger
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

MS Boots, Nice looking Mule!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

3leggedturtle wrote:Especially on a clear night with the stars out and waves gently rolling in, the fire burning, beverages cold and a view of the lights of Duluth. :mrgreen:
By gum! The lights of Duluth were exactly what I could see when I camped out at the Super 8 in Superior a couple weeks ago on my way out West.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Now I finally understand why they call you Old Savage, you rascal you :lol:
You must have been in the navy since it seems like you have women in every port-and all over too :lol:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

No Six, now it is Mary that may come down for a visit - Boots has taken charge of keeping Blaine in line - Just that the pics are mixed up and I didn't have time to straighten them out. Had to go by the golf store to have Chris Macenaney monitor the launch angle on my drive. She is a Class A LPGA professional - this sort of thing is all computerized these days and the new computer was up and running.

Here is Chris - she is the one on your left my right - the other one is Sunshine - she is from Lubbock.

Kirk I would expect you to be camping out at a Hilton or Marriot looking for the light so Duluth. Buck I just came here years ago looking for a price on and Old Savage and they said you have to have a name and I picked that on the spur of the moment. My son was in the Navy, I was in the National Guard and the Army - funny story about "Windy and Misty" the gals with the convertible in Louisiana but no pictures.

I had to back track to see how you guys had gotten off in the lights of Duluth. Now I could understand that with Six or Blaine or some others but then you had Kirk involved and I know he is a real straight arrow. :)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here is my wife years ago perplexed by her first whole lobster in Bar Harbor, Maine - you guys should go there.

Here is the Bar Harbor Hotel where she is about to eat this lobster.

These pics just happened to be near the others and I know how you fellows like a travelogue. :)

Now Bob - I looked up Friday Harbor and seems you might be in Washington. Supposed to be partly cloudy there today with a high of 68 and 24 % chance of rain - wow you folks up there really nail down your weather reports - 24 % chance :)

Mules - did someone mention mules?

soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

Yes, OS I'm in Washington, barely. On a clear day we can see Vancouver Island. It takes an hour by ferry to get here. We've escaped the heat that the rest of the country has experienced; but the people here still complain when the temp hits 75.

The wife and I visited Bar Harbor in 1975. We camped at Acadia National Park and we tried to have dinner one at the Bar Harbor Inn but we were greeted by a sign in the lobby that read "We dress for dinner at the Bar Harbor Inn - Coat and tie required.". So we went to a little place by the main dock in town where you could get a pound and a half lobster, chips, and a Pepsi for $3.50. It was a great vacation.

Bob in Friday Harbor, WA
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Mike a mule will kill a cougar.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Bob - you may remember this place looking down on Bar Harbor.

sorry, Jane and Pat were in the way.

soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

I remember we hiked up Cadillac Mountain. Is that where the pictures were taken? IIRC most of the higher areas were composed of pink granite. It was a great vacation; we almost got stranded on the PA Turnpick half way across the state, out of cash and no credit cards. But I remembered the emergency $5.00 in my tackle box. It put enough gas in the Datsun to get us home to Youngstown, Ohio. After that we got our first credit card.

Bob in Friday Harbor, WA
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think that is the top of Cadillac mountain about 89. I was there in 70 and one time before I think. I recall those lobster pots by the side of the road where they had a pot to boil corn on the cob and lobster at a picnic table under a cover or the like and very cheap as you say.

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

my mule keeps running off foxes and coyotes in the pasture if he ever catches one, it will be ugly for them
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Man, a travelogue like this, are you sure Tutt isn't visiting you and doing the postings? :lol:
Speaking of Tutt, where has he been, haven't seen a post from him in a long while.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

On vacation in 1972 my wife and I also tried to go to the Inn for supper and saw the same "We dress for supper" sign and went elsewhere.
We took a harbor tour at Bar Harbor.Beautiful offshore cottages on small islands.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Last edited by cshold on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdentrem »

You are right about Bar Harbor. Been there maybe 20 or more times. Always something new to see. Been up and down the trails in Acadia Park, like for Cadillac Mountain and more. horse and carriage rides. Whale watching tours, lobsta and other seafood etc etc interesting boutique stores.
Pierre
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

jazman - Tutt is the great teacher but he is into motorcyles now.

Casa - still have the picture - if you need a copy - plus, bonus pics!!! :) Too hot for prime time apparently :) but then again she got the same reaction in a Serape! Never quite understood that little event but, Oh Well? Maybe a burqa would be just the ticket! :) Or how about waders?

But we don't want anybody gettin' jittery and goin' all haywire and then havin' to make up stories.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here, we are dealing with Pat's 80 year old mom having had her sixth back surgery and third heart attack on Monday. Round the clock care by the 4 siblings will be the order for months. Interesting to have to balance the schedule with that especially since they are all busy and spread out by 150 miles. I thought the sight of July corn from Pa was uplifting. :)

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

You crack me up :lol:
Mike Johnson,

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Have you come to your senses?

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Last edited by cshold on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Last edited by cshold on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You have to keep some emotional balance when it is uncertain as it is right now. I get to run the office by myself on the days Pat is on with her.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Clearly, I've missed some pictured along the way.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

WOW I was in "Baa Haaba" Maine back in '64 but I was 4 so don't remember much except that us halfbreed savages terrified our WASP granny while actually slowly winning her heart over. She even lived with us in Hawai'i for a year in 1970 afterwards, her idea. :D
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ji, clearly time for a return visit.

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Have I come to my senses? Was not me that complained. I just cleaned up the source of complaints.
Mike Johnson,

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, as time marches on, Pat's mom now requires what is described ad high risk open heart surgery following the sixth back surgery and heart attack earlier this week. After tests Dr. Said they don't understand why she has not had a major heart attack.