New mold from Accurate Molds

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rifle 57
Levergunner

New mold from Accurate Molds

Post by Rifle 57 »

I just received a new mold today from Tom at Accurate Molds .It is for my new Rossi 92 in 44 mag.One cavity is a 430250C - GC and the other cavity is 430265M - PB. I hope to try it out this weekend.This mold looks like perfection as usual.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: New mold from Accurate Molds

Post by Griff »

Even tho' I have a mold for my .36 Navies that has a RB hole and conical hole, I've never thought about getting a combo mold for a modern arm. Most of my casting is done for volume, and even my double cavity molds seem slow compared to the majority of molds with 4. I have a few 6-gang molds, but find that I don't get the full use of all 6; seems like one hole always has a bad fill.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I sure like those brass moulds. I have two from Accurate and am planning to order a couple more.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Nice! :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
ColColt
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ColColt »

Tom makes some fantastic molds. I have a couple from him that yield superb bullets. This is the 43-260B for the 44 Magnum.

JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Nice closeup photos, ColColt!
Last edited by JohndeFresno on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thank you for the heads-up, Rifle 57!
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I have a couple of Tom's molds and always get two different styles of bullets. He will even do different calibers in the same mold block. It only cost $15 to add another bullet design to a mold. I figure if its a bullet design I have never tried, $15 is a cheep try. I have one brass and one aluminum molds and like the aluminum blocks the best. He does make great molds and turn around time is quick.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Never had a brass mould. How well do they hold heat? I hear they are in between aluminum and steel.

Nice idea with the 2 different bullets in one mould. I did the same last winter and Joel from NEI made it up for no extra charge.----6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Rifle 57
Levergunner

Post by Rifle 57 »

I wished that I could operate my camera as well as Colcolt.

Great photo!!!!
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Brass holds heat better than aluminum but I don't know that they hold any better than iron. The one thing you have to watch on brass molds is overheating because it will cause them to warp.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Hondo! I've always been a fan of steel and have probably 75 of 'em. The last several years I have been buying al. from NEI but he stopped making them in al. and only has the steel.-------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
ColColt
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ColColt »

I love the brass mold. They, of course, don't heat up as quick as aluminum but in general are much better quality. They're heavy, make no mistake, but upkeep is very little compared to iron.

Thanks for the compliment about my photo but it was Nikon, not me. I used a 60mm f.2.8 macro lens at about f/14 that can literally get in your face! :D