I tip my hat to my local gun shops for fair priced ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

I tip my hat to my local gun shops for fair priced ammo

Post by mod71alaska »

In the last 7 days 2 small local gun shops have had quite a bit of Federal AutoMatch .22LR at $16.99 and $19 per 325 ct box; CCI Stingers for $6.99 per 50 ct box and $64.99 a case; and 9 mm, .40 S&W, and 20 and 50 rd. boxes and 1000 rd. cases...yes, cases!...of .223 all reasonably prices. There were purchase limits per customer, such as 1 case or 5 individual boxes of Stingers or two 325 ct. boxes of Federal .22 Match, but not anything like the total 3 box limit of combined calibers that Walmart imposes. One shop also has a wall full of "Black" rifles e.g. Stag, Diamondback, Colt, the new S&W .308 M&P 10 for $1499 and a used/like new Bushmaster for $1200; and a glass counter with a large selection of semi auto pistols e.g. Glocks for $579. (Here in NH there is no sales tax!) Our local shops are the kind with old wood floors and have stood behind their customers with fair pricing during this period of shortage. Walmart is our only "big box" ammunition source, and while they might have a case or two of new ammo come in a couple of times a week it's gone in an hour and thereafter their ammo shelves are virtually bare.

Well, I missed the Stinger cases but I bought 5 boxes for $35 and 975 rds of Federal Match for $57. :D

I tip my hat to our local gun shops! They have my loyalty.

(Note: They do not ship ammo.)
Last edited by mod71alaska on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
lever- believer
Levergunner

Re: I tip my hat to our local gun shops

Post by lever- believer »

Agreed, Hats off to them. Even though they may have higher prices than online retailers, Its the place I always buy my new guns from and sometimes that used Gem on the used rack. I appreciate all they do for us. Having ran a small business years ago I know the struggles they face every day. I thank God they have the will to stick it out in a tough international economy and thru miles and miles of continually more stringent Federal red tape.

Kudos
"The Anger of Man worketh not the Justice of God" - Book of James
"If you cant kill something with 6 or less shots then you shouldn't have P*ssed it off to begin with"
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: I tip my hat to our local gun shops

Post by Griff »

I haven't bought any .22s in 40 years; but one of the local stores has had ammo during this latest shortage, but not as much, or as varied as before. It's where I buy my components, and those have certainly been in very short supply!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Re: I tip my hat to my local gun shops for fair priced ammo

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
On the other hand, check out these crooks !!!

http://alamoammo.com/rifle-ammo/22-long ... 9465056148

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Them stingers are cheap! Very expensive over here!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

pshort wrote:Howdy,
On the other hand, check out these crooks !!!

http://alamoammo.com/rifle-ammo/22-long ... 9465056148

Paul
:roll: Clicked that link off of another board the other day, makes you wonder if the folks in charge of that board are getting a kick back :evil: Pure evil greed that sort of stuff is.

We were in the Cabela's in Sidney yesterday and the wife asked them about 22 shells. They told her that they stock the shelves every morning at 8, and that in an hour or less those same shelves are empty, and that's with a 1 box per customer restriction :| They told her they get a shipment every night and if she wanted to be there at 8 or was pretty sure she would be there at 8 she could pay for a box and they would hold it for her. She allowed that she didn't think a single box of 22's was worth getting up and driving the 3 hours down there. :mrgreen:
That's just nuts, there can't be that many people that close to Sidney buying that many 22 shells everyday. Got to be some serious long distance hoarding going on, and you wonder how much of that ammo is turning up on the auction sites at stupid high prices. :?
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Here's another one I ran into over at rimfirecentral......

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-075

cci mini mags/100 - $59.95

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"