More signs of ammo/components loosening up.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

More signs of ammo/components loosening up.

Post by WinM71 »

Ran up to Riley's in Hooksett NH today. Been out of everything for a long time, but today looked quite a bit different. Had Varget (limit: one of any one type of powder, 2 pounds total limit), had .30-30 brass, had .357 158gr jacketed bullets (2 box limit), had CCI Blazer Brass (reloadable) 9mm 115gr ammo at $12.95/box (limit 2). A fair amount of .22, had the Federal AutoMatch 325 rd bulk pack at $15.95 (limit 1), had CCI std velocity, I think it was $3.59 per box of 50 (limit 4). Nice to see.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: More signs of ammo/components loosening up.

Post by Mescalero »

Cool,
reason and logic are returning?
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Mescalero wrote:Cool,
reason and logic are returning?
Well, there's always hope but i wonder about it, we were out yardsaleing early this AM, chatted with a guy who had just paid $110.00 for a 525 pack and was elated about it. :shock:
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:shock:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

In the not too distant future I think you will see a lot of the hoarded ammo hit the market again.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

No signs of easing around here. I was in my favorite LGS last week and they had a limited supply of powder and bullets. They did have primers with a 2 sleeve (100 count) limit. Loaded ammo was scarce and they had no rimfire. I actually traded them a couple of bricks of .22 LR ammo I've had for years that I do not like, Aguila 30 gr. Hypervelocity, for some powder and bullets and I still got $20 back. She was glad to get it. A customer tried to buy it directly from me but the owner took my offer first. I am sure she broke the bricks down to individual boxes and doubled her money. Good for her. I more than doubled what I paid for the bricks, so we both made out.

The local WM has centerfire hunting ammo in the popular calibers, some pistol ammo, and some shotgun shells, but no rimfire. I actually saw TWO AR-15's at WM yesterday, 1 Colt and 1 Windham. No .223 ammo for them though.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
2LT Van Cott
Levergunner

Post by 2LT Van Cott »

I went from here to Nashville, to Memphis, to Houston, to Pensacola and back and I see no real sign of easing. Manufacturers are producing and dealers are periodically getting something, sometimes several somethings at one time. However, it all goes right back out the door even when rationed. Nobody I talked to who is in the business sees any real change.
Your obedient servant,

Lieu't Van Cott
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Not easing up here. Shelves still bare of any common/popular powders also.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Old Savage wrote:In the not too distant future I think you will see a lot of the hoarded ammo hit the market again.
Exactly what I've been telling people.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

We took a day trip last Sunday to a store near Pittsburg Pa. I wanted to "coon finger" the new Ruger Guide Gun and I knew they had them in stock. I had seen on gunbroker they had alot of ammo up for auction...it was a small store but it was loaded with ammo. cases of ammo stacked everywhere. I was astounded with how much they had. and one of the clerks said we have more upstairs. :shock: :twisted: .
As we were leaving a couple of guys were unloading a trailer of ammo next to the store.
The next day I was at a local small Shop and told them about this. they said this other place probably had a direct shipping setup from the ammo manufactures. :evil: .
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I spent a couuple of hours wandering around Cabela's in Sidney, NE... lots of ammo, primers were scarce, but they had a few on the shelf. I didn't look for powder, but they had a few bullets and some reloading equipment. I looked at electronic powder scales. Every brand said "Made in China." What? We're not capable any more? I'll stick with my balance scale... it'll work for years to come. No molds or lubri-sizer dies... Maybe I have do the Midway drive by thing Monday am...

EDIT: NO .30-30 ammo or bullets... :twisted: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If it truly starts 'loosening up', I'd keep your kids home from school - the government will likely respond to such circumstances by facilitating yet another 'school tragedy'. . .

[/tinfoil hat OFF mode]

Not entirely sure that is a joke though, given the types of people now running the show.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

My local WM got in some .30-30 a week or so back. They also have 100 round packs of 12 and 20 ga. 7 1/2 field loads and plenty of premium turkey loads. My local hardware/gun shop has cases of 12 and 20 field loads he just got in. I'm a regular there so he always covers my immediate needs, but I'm not hoarding anything.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

1/2 price sale !! 525 pack ... only $55 !!

Cheers,

Carl
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote:In the not too distant future I think you will see a lot of the hoarded ammo hit the market again.
OS,
I don't think so, maybe some larger quantities in bulk possible, but...................I do expect to see many black guns and handguns to come back as most of these were bought on plastic and I can hear the wives screaming at their husbands, "You said this gun was going to be worth $5,000" or "You said these guns were going to be banned, so..........where's the profit???"

"The kids need diapers and if I don't get any money, your going to need a penile implant as I'm getting to cuttin'!!!"

Stay tuned, I'm guessin' by late June when vacation money is needed. Keep your C-notes handy as I'm figurin' about .60 cents to the dollar...........a retail dollar, not a scalper's dollar. :D -------------------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Six, I hope so. That sounds like good thinking went into your plan, ...or are those words you've had come your way in the past.:)
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Six is right, but those of us who planned prudently have our stuff.
I want to see the ammo break loose.
Even before the first fiasco, my motto was always:
You never have enough ammo.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You will see deals! when the increase curve gets a certain amount of steep it always falls. :) I am taking a new shooter out soon.

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

OS,
Good to see you back in form.
flatnose
Levergunner 3.0

Post by flatnose »

I still dont see winchester primers or winchester 22 ammo anywhere. Been a long time. Remington 45-70 bullets hard to find as well. Found a store who has stock at $48.00 per hundred....kinda expensive.
Powder here in north san diego is also thin on the ground. Last pound of 4895 sold a couple of months ago for $40.00 plus tax.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Things seem to slowly be loosening up here. It's not hard to find basic stuff in ammo, the commercial rifle calibers havent been too bad all along. The one local shop thats been fairly well stocked has almost every main handgun caliber in, tho 9 is hard to keep in or find when they run out. Wal mart has been getting ammo all along, tho not as much as they order, and it tends to sell quickly when it comes in. I've seen 380, 9, 40, 45 auto and 45 Colt come in, and plenty of 22's (including Winchesters), tho they sell fastest. 223 comes in now and then, seems like usually the Federal 100 rd packs for about $35. Prices have been normal for the most part, with a little inflation on some stuff. Nothing like reported elsewhere though.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Forget the ammo/gun issue. I'm lookin' at the Old Savage issue. Can't believe it, a different gal everyday. Things sure are different from coast to coast. Most women are downright miserable here on the east.

Oh , back to the meaning of this post..................sit tight and don't let the bedbugs bite. The whole thing was a government test...........to see how we would all react to the availability of ammo/gun thingy. As we speak, "they" are compiling the names of everyone who has large amounts of these goods and these suspected individuals should be getting a knock on their doors during mid-January of 2014. And yes, I am proud to announce that I will be in charge of all material confiscated and I will be stock piling these goodies for personal use and gain. :D

God Bless Capitalism-----------------6................ :D
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The only thing positive that I have noticed in all this is that the .327 Federal Magnum cartridges have become available as they never were before. For the first time in the few years that she has owned it, PillHer has fired factory ammo out of her pistol.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost