New Holster Review ... Doubletap Holsters A.T.S.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

New Holster Review ... Doubletap Holsters A.T.S.

Post by 86er »

At first I got this kydex holster for my Glock figuring plastic for plastic. I figured I'd try one for the 1911 also as the price is right at $25 less a military discount if you qualify. This is one of the most minimalistic holsters there is. It is molded to cover the trigger guard only. The molding is very good and the pistol "clicks" in with enough retention that you can hold the holster upside down and the pistol stays put. The finish is excellent with rounded edges and no rough or sharp spots. The clip is a durable metal clip and is fastened with a Chicago screw and washer so it is very secure. The gun rides in the waistband and gains no more thickness than the gun itself so it is no wider than your gun. The clip holds the gun with a fully exposed grip for easy draw and the gun comes right out with a dull "pop". Re-holstering is recommended to be done by removing the holster from your pants and putting it back on the gun. Done very carefully, it is possible to re-holster without removing the holster from your pants but it is not something to be done quickly or half-azzed. I love it with the Glock (and it works on virtually all of them). The 1911's have the safety and beavertail that could dig into you since there is no shield between the gun and the body, but with a T-Shirt or a good tucked shirt it is comfortable. Ordering was on-line and easy. There was literally no communication from Double Tap at all until 21 days had passed. At that time I received an email saying my package was sent. 2 days later they arrived in a yellow padded envelope delivered by the mail carrier. If you want to put the pistol in a car console, handbag, pocket, drawer or bedside you can remove the clip and run a length of parachute cord through the hole to anchor the "holster". This will prevent accidentally pressing the trigger while carrying/storing the pistol in one of these off-body modes. I highly recommend this holster!

Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
piller
Posting leader...

Re: New Holster Review ... Doubletap Holsters A.T.S.

Post by piller »

Seems as if it would work well. Does it come in designs for other pistols?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

piller wrote:Seems as if it would work well. Does it come in designs for other pistols?
I had to look, and yes they do! http://www.doubletapholsters.com/page/p ... d=11101125

I see they have one for the J Frames... :twisted:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I may have to get one for a Springfield XD 9 for PillHer.
D. Brian Casady
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I accidentally discovered this holster is also "tuckable". The clip is fastened at the bottom of the trigger guard sheath, so you can tuck a shirt between the clip and the gun and it disappears.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I looked at the website, and they make the clip for the Springfield XD. That sounds great, and I may have to get one for my Glock.
D. Brian Casady
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

It's a ripoff of the Raven Concealment Systems Vanguard (or Vanguard 2) which does the same thing.