Anyone train Aussie Shepherds

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Anyone train Aussie Shepherds

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Holy smokes they are a strong willed, hard-headed/headstrong do what they want critter. Always trying to act like she is in charge. Is also a very. At the same time can be so loving and gentle. She is half Aussie and 1/2 Welsch Corgi. Sure loves to run a rough house too.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Anyone train Aussie Shepherds

Post by madman4570 »

Bet most of that is coming from the Corgi :lol:
They can be rough housers,and actually pretty hard headed.

The Aussie's from what I am told--(my cousin has one,he is a LEO Sgt in the Canine Unit)-------he picked that breed because of the exact opposite reason(non-hard headed)plus of course its atheletic performance.Supossedly over the last decade normal German Shepard's have been over bred(kinda like the Rotte's)and many have become very hard headed??????

Yep-------you got a (Big Wild Child Super Corgi) :D ------watch it------------she might be a biter too. :shock: :D
Last edited by madman4570 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thanks every Corgi I met was very calm mellow. She looks like 30# German Shepherd with short legs.With a long body of a Corgi
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

3leggedturtle wrote:Thanks every Corgi I met was very calm mellow. She looks like 30# German Shepherd with short legs.With a long body of a Corgi

Pics/Pics----------????????????????????????
Sounds like a beautiful pooch!

Check out at min below 2.55(though the dude handling the Corg------just a tad over what I might do on the choking ?????????????
Corgi's are not chickens, though neither is that black shepard either! :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYf07QMV-ow
JWG
Levergunner

Post by JWG »

I had an Aussie Female I got just after I divorced the Devils Concubine, she was my first dog as an adult. Katie was totally strong willed - but a great little dog, she would have sacrificed her self for my son or myself. When I met my present wife there was a brief struggle on who was going to be the alpha bitch, katie lost out, but ended up loving my wife as much as she loved me or my son. It has been 13 years since I had to put her down at the age of 17 and I still miss her.

Aussies rock! the first couple of years can be trying, but they are great dogs one they get a few years behind them.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Snazzy is an Aussie / malumute / wolf mix.
When she wants you to go this way, she wants you to go this way..... and will walk leaning against you to accomplish that.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

The Devil's Concubine! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Right up there with The Ice Queen :lol:
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I trained one last week with a size 13 in the chops
his intentions on making me bleed back fired on him

ollogger
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Have a Aussie / Border collie mix-smart, definitely lets you know when her house is out of order,strangers coming,something out of place,something new and so on.Loving and obedient except when she feel threatened,she is very aware of body language of all around her.I have had to make her lay down and tell strangers that they have to get her approval not the other way around-in other words do not approach her, let her do the approach on her own time.Once you are her's she will put herself between you and whatever she doesn't want near you.As a plus she is almost pure black in color which scares the you know what out of some.You don't want to be the bump in the night she has a good set of teeth.