My first compact 1911

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

My first compact 1911

Post by damienph »

Had a great visit with my son last week; he lives in Charleston (Mt. Pleasant), SC and I am in East Central Kansas, so we met at my mother's house in Abbeville, LA. He gave me 3 1/2 new guns and a nice gloss black Leupold 1-4x 20 Vari-X II scope. The 1/2 gun is a complete RRA lower, a couple of 22LR pistols, and my favorite pictured below; a 3 1/2" Bull Barreled, bushingless, 45ACP Springfield Armory Ultra Compact (Officer's sized frame) with Novak's night sights and 5 seven round magazines. And no, neither he nor I put the scratch in the frame with the slide stop.

What a great kid!!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: My first compact 1911

Post by Blaine »

I love mouse guns that shoot .45 boolits :D :D
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That looks even smaller than my P-12 (5.2H x 7.2L x 1.3W)...! Pretty cool... 8)
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Have you shot it yet, Damien ?

I find those shorty's a bugbear to control, much preferring at least a Commander or Gov't size to shoot.

damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Pete44ru wrote:.

Have you shot it yet, Damien ?

I find those shorty's a bugbear to control, much preferring at least a Commander or Gov't size to shoot.

Pete, I shot it for the first time this morning before work. Recoils much less than my LW Commander , but it is heavier too. Just holding it, it feels as heavy as my all steel Government models. Only had time for a couple of mags but I believe that it is going to be a shooter; offhand at 25' +/- it kept all 14 rounds (R-P 230gr ball) inside of four inches. I think that it (I) will do better after I shoot it some more and take my time.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I have its slightly bigger brother. Mine is the officer's size frame on a Commander size slide. I love it. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I have mine.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Why did they stop making them, anyway...? Para dropped their 'Officer clone' as well, and I'd think they'd be super-popular with all the increase in CCW nationwide. Not everyone wants to carry a full-size 1911 daily.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "