Win 94/32WS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Win 94/32WS

Post by pwl44m »

Picked this up yesterday. A Friend called and said He had a couple Guns for sale. He is trying to fund a 9 mm. It aint nuttin fancy no blue to speak of, mostly silver. The Bore is dusty but a patch would clean it up to a nice shine. Xclnt rifling.
I peg the mfg date at 1923. ser # 926527. It had been in His Wifes family for years and They are looking for more modern stuff which is OK with Me. I ended up trading a Ruger 10-22, a box of 40s&w ammo and $250. Not bad for a days work. I figure the sights alone are worth almost that.
He had an old Win 03 but that isn't My click. This is the same Guy that I got the Win mod 53 from. There is a Win 94 in 38-55 floating in the Family somewhere and I asked Him to Please see if it might be for sale.
Enough of that, a couple pics for Ya. I really need to get a better Camera and learn to take better Pics.
Perry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
JWG
Levergunner

Re: Win 94/32WS

Post by JWG »

Wow!

I would say you did pretty darn good! Nice looking rifle
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

I really like that rifle. good job
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Wait a minute, I thought that it was against some kind of law for you californians to have cool guns!?
I really like that rifle crescent buttplate. See if that 38-55 is floating around. I've have a few 9mm that they could pick from.

Very nice, and one heck of a good deal!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Thanks Guys for the comments.
@ Damien, Back Off Bucko- :lol: I have 5- 9mms Myself and would trade any one of them for a nice 38-55, Winchester that is. Maybe even part with 2 of them.
Perry
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

That is a great looking rifle and that old Marbles sight is just like the one on my 1951 94 30-30. My dad had it put on in 1958 when I bought the gun for him.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hmmmm... rifle buttstock on a carbine. Wonder if it'd been shortened at some time in its life. Wouldn't it be great if you listen to their stories?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Intresting looking gun you have, and with the tang sight on it, thats a great deal :mrgreen:

ollogger
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I wondered about the Rifle Butt which I like BTW. But it has a Carbine rear sight does it not. It is hard to tell what went on in 1923.
As I mentioned, this rifle came from the same Owner as the mod 53 I bought. According to Kirk D that rifle has the wrong Buttstock also. Maybe this Guy had a thing for changing Stocks. I would really like to find the correct stock for the 53. The only thing I might do to this Carbine is do a cleanup on the wood. Other than that the action is tight and cycles smooth.
Perry
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Perry--very nice Win.94 32WS...all i can say is...LUCKY... :)
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

You did very very well, Perry. Congrats!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Not too shabby. You got rid of common junk to get a nice eastern carbine in a seldom seen caliber in carbines. Geeze, the Marbles sight is worth more than the 10-22.-------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I don't think that's a Carbine rear bbl sight, although the front sight definitely is.

It looks like a Marble's or other folder was swapped in (hard for me to see, definitely), for use with the tang sight, to achieve two zeroes, near & far. (A rear bbl folder's best, to give a clean peep sight picture)

There's NOTHIN' like a .32 gun, for fun ! ! . :mrgreen:

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I have Two Carbines in 32spl and yes that rear sight is a Marbles. One thing I've noticed is the distance from the receiver to the rear sight dovetail. I have a Carbine that has a King sight that is so close to the receiver that the elevator won't go all the way out. Go figure, how did they decide where to put the dovetail ? I hate to mess with them but I could swap those sights. NO! My name aint Bubba.
Perry
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

For the cast bullet shooter the 32 WS is the holy grail of leverguns. They shoot cast like a house-a-fire!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I took the tang sight off to have a look see underneath. No Blue there either so I'm guessing it was added sometime later in it's life. It did have a thin strip of plastic about 1/8 in wide aong the left side to give it a little cant to the right. The post screws up and down nicely. I think it has the large aperature in it so I need to try and find a small one for distance.
I ran a couple patches through the Bore and the Lite will knock Ur eye out now. It was very dusty from sitting for several years.
Perry
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nice :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

8) 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.