The NRA and Fat Wallets

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

The NRA and Fat Wallets

Post by BC in TN »

I'm really looking at the much touted $300.00 NRA life membership as a gift for my sons.
My initial thought was to confirm this significant price reduction via the NRA Official website. The only lifetime membership from the official website (that I can find) is $1,000.

However, a simple google search quickly reveals that fatwallet.com and many other, non NRA websites will gladly get me that same lifetime membership for only $300.00.

Can someone tell me how to purchase the $300.00 life membership through the official NRA website?
Chris83716
Levergunner 2.0

Re: The NRA and Fat Wallets

Post by Chris83716 »

Just call the 800 # and do it over the phone. It is no problem at all.

Chris
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

My next paycheck (hopefully) isn't for 3-1/2 weeks - anyone know how long the $300 offer is good until...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BC in TN »

Gentlemen,

I appreciate the responses.
However, I guess I'm not convinced that there is a legitimate $300 lifetime membership.
My point was that the NRA Official website does not mention anything about this; they only offer a $1,000 lifetime membership.

I believe a reasonable person would be suspect regarding a website with a name like fatwallets.com offering greater than 66% off a membership.

If you google "$300 lifetime NRA membership" the second option in links will get you:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1071276/

I'd much prefer the NRA provide this offer online. However, as far as I can tell they don't.
Just call the 800 number and give them my credit card number for a "hot deal" - fatwallets? Seriously?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Call NRA memberships 1-877-NRA-2000. This not the same number in the "fat wallets" thing. They will tell you what's up. Simple.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

The $300 life membership offer is legit THROUGH the NRA. I don't know about anybody else and I wouldn't go there. I heard somewhere online the membership offer was good only till the end of the month but I don't remember seeing that anywhere. I don't have the details at hand now, they were part of an offer I received in the mail to upgrade my membership to benefactor a few weeks ago and I gave them to my neighbor who wanted to join. Even the annual membership was discounted on the paperwork. Call the NRA's 800# and ask. Put it on your card and pay it off on the next statement. The regular price is $1000 and you never know when it will be this low again.
Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Twodot »

About half way down this page -

http://guntalk.com/site51.php

you will find this

"The NRA also has a special promotion for a huge discount on life memberships. Regularly it's $1,000, but this promotion lets you buy a life membership for only $300. The key is that you must be invited by a current life member.

Hey! No problem. I'm a life member, and I'm inviting you. We even found a way around the long wait times. This phone number is only for folks who have been invited by me. That's all of you! Just call 1-888-678-7894. You don't even need my life member number, because that phone number is linked to my number. There is no commission on this, but it's a heck of a deal. Only 300 bucks for a life membership. Might as well buy one for you and each of your children. Talk about a lifetime gift!"

Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

I see the $300 special regularly from reputable sources. So much so I wouldn't be overly concerned in missing a cycle.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BC in TN »

Hobie wrote:Call NRA memberships 1-877-NRA-2000. This not the same number in the "fat wallets" thing. They will tell you what's up. Simple.
Thanks all. 1-877-NRA-2000 is a good number. It was simple with just a short wait.
There's two more, new life members.
I asked how long this rate will apply and the lady I spoke with did not know.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hawkeye2 wrote:The $300 life membership offer is legit THROUGH the NRA. I don't know about anybody else and I wouldn't go there. I heard somewhere online the membership offer was good only till the end of the month but I don't remember seeing that anywhere. I don't have the details at hand now, they were part of an offer I received in the mail to upgrade my membership to benefactor a few weeks ago and I gave them to my neighbor who wanted to join. Even the annual membership was discounted on the paperwork. Call the NRA's 800# and ask. Put it on your card and pay it off on the next statement. The regular price is $1000 and you never know when it will be this low again.
What was the deal on upgrading to Benefactor? I missed the last promotion.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Thanks fellows! just got my son tHE life membership for 300$ and upgraded my life membership to endowment for an additional 250$

those are both great deals. i got my original life membership i beleive in 1967......dont think it was more than 100$ if that back then :)
cable
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

Friends & Family Member Registration.
Offer expires February 28, 2013
Call 1-855-NRA-2013 or visit www.NRA-2013.org

Life $300.00
Life upgraded to Endowment Life Member $250.00
Add family members $20.00 for one year membership.

This information is from the latest NRA mailing.
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

"What was the deal on upgrading to Benefactor? I missed the last promotion."

Griff, I don't recall the details now and I gave the papers away. Since I got pushed into an early retirement almost four years ago with a base income of less than half of my former take home and 50% of that going to house payments all the mail from the NRA and others leaves the same way it came in, unopened. Had that not happened I would have gone for it and the NRA/ILA and a couple of other groups would have gotten contributions from me. Charity begins at home anymore.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I was on the EPL (Easy-Pay-Life) program many years ago, paying $25 a quarter like clockwork, and the NRA contacted me with an offer I couldn't refuse. It was the $300 offer. I then waited and bumped up to Endowment, Patron, and now Benefactor the same way - just waited for the right offer. Y2K is also a life member now using the same approach (though I paid for it). This is the way to go!