.38 / .357 ammo on stripper clipps

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

.38 / .357 ammo on stripper clipps

Post by dracothered »

I don't know if any of you thought of this before, but here goes anyways. I was sitting here and thinking of ways you could carry extra ammo for your Rossi M92 in .38 / .357 mag. So I thought I would see if it fit SKS / AK-47 stripper clips and what do you know they do.

1894c

Re: .38 / .357 ammo on stripper clipps

Post by 1894c »

great idea...i have used these, actually use these all the times...Bianchi Speed Strips...but your idea is very coool.... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Oh come on, when there are handsome leather wallets that fit on your belt and snap shut.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Lee Enfield stripper clips will hold 44 Spl/Mag and Mosin strippers work with 45 Colt.

MTM used to make 6 and 12 round ammo wallets for common pistol calibers. I haven't looked recently to see if they are still available.

Jack
rhead
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rhead »

Speed loaders for single action revolvers.
The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.
zzr7ky
Levergunner 1.0

Post by zzr7ky »

I do this also. It keeps them from going all over the truck! They don't roll out of jacket pockets. I really like the 5 round 30-06 stripper clips for 45ACP.
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dracothered »

El Chivo wrote:Oh come on, when there are handsome leather wallets that fit on your belt and snap shut.
Yes there are those and you can only fit so many of those on your belt plus they aren't cheap.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

El Chivo wrote:Oh come on, when there are handsome leather wallets that fit on your belt and snap shut.
And the Speed Strips usually fit into those just fine AND give you the ability to grab 6 at once...

I like the SKS stripper clip idea, but I think the Speed Strips might feed off into the tube more efficiently... (haven't tried the SKS strips)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

yes, but it's kind of like hunting with an AR and long magazine. If you can't get it in a couple of shots, carrying more ammo is not the problem.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

bulldog1935 wrote:yes, but it's kind of like hunting with an AR and long magazine. If you can't get it in a couple of shots, carrying more ammo is not the problem.
The magazine-full isn't for the deer, it's for the 'yotes & tweakers...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dracothered »

The ammo on a SKS stripper clip would be for fast reloads, but more for throwing more ammo into a pack or pouch and know that it isn't going to go all over the place in it.

This would work better at having some fast to get ammo right on the rifle.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

MTM used to make 6 and 12 round ammo wallets for common pistol calibers. I haven't looked recently to see if they are still available.

They still do.

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/

And they have a company (mail order) store

http://www.ammoboxes.com/

By the way, they are a true Made in America company and surprisingly enough I just found out yesterday they are literally up the road from me in Dayton Ohio!

Make a darn good product. I have ammo boxes from them thirty years old and still work perfectly. Go browse their website, you'll be impressed with all the neat stuff they have.

(I have nothing to do with them other than I've bought several of their products)
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Now that's very cool and creative. I'm one of the Bianchi Speed Strip folks, but your way adds a thoughtful new solution to the problem.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Here is another company that makes strips similar to the Bianchi:

https://www.tuffproducts.com/product.ph ... 537&page=1

I have used their .45 Colt strips with no issues.

Jack
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Another Bianchi Speed Strip user here, at least for front pocket carry of spare ammo. I like your idea of using the SKS stripper clips. They probably wouldn't work for me with pocket carry, but would be great for keeping track of a few rounds of ammo in the cab of my pickup. Thanks for the tip!

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dracothered »

Shasta wrote:Another Bianchi Speed Strip user here, at least for front pocket carry of spare ammo. I like your idea of using the SKS stripper clips. They probably wouldn't work for me with pocket carry, but would be great for keeping track of a few rounds of ammo in the cab of my pickup. Thanks for the tip!

SHASTA
Yea I wouldn't want to try and pocket carry on the SKS stripper clips unless it was a large lose pocket.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Sorry for the Thread Drift (because your Idea is a good one for truck storage) but more on Speed Strips:

When I am toting the SP101 I carry at least one of the wallets shown. That's an extra 12 with some ammo options (note the shot loads)

When I'm toting the '92 I usually have one or 2 of the cell-phone pouches on my belt. That's 18-24 depending on the pouch, and makes ammo selection a breeze (sometimes you really want to load catsneeze, sometimes whompumstompers).
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!