Not a lever but a Ruger American

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Newtmaker
Levergunner 2.0

Not a lever but a Ruger American

Post by Newtmaker »

Saw a guy shooting a Ruger American in .308 early this week at our range. He seemed happy with it so I started checking Walmarts and the first three had none in a caliber I was interested in. Yesterday AM I stopped at a 4th and they had just rceived a shipment. .243 and .308 available. I took the .243 as my Win 94 in 30-30 is close enough to the .308 and I have never had a .243 before now.
Took it home and put a Bushnell 4X scope on and headed for the range. Took 4 or 5 shots to get where I wanted. This is the smallest of 2 groups, but the other wasn't much bigger.
Shot at 50 meters. I'm happy.
Now I gotta order bullets and dies so I can reload. :)

Walt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Not a lever but a Ruger American

Post by Old Savage »

Looks like you got a good deal! :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

That will do......no doubt you can get them in ORH before too long.... :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

They're not much to look at, but as a tool to get the job done they sure seem about perfect. I'm pondering a rifle for one of my boys and these are right at the top of the list.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Been thinking of getting a Ruger American in 308 myself. Would like to here of anyone else's experience with them!