OT- Can't believe this!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Can't believe this!

Post by Gun Smith »

Read an interesting article in this AM's paper. It was a list of the 10 most common consumer complaints. Of course, number 1 was trying to get cable, cell phone and internet problems resolved. You know, some third or fourth world person who's native language is Sandskrit trying to help you. Second was credit card and lending pratice problems. See above for the same contact people.
What blew me away was that the third most common consumer complaint is the Nigerian Free Money scam. Do people still believe that they can get rich quick if they help a poor Africian fellow get his father's stolen money out of the country. If I am to believe this still works, then I've got to believe we are really dumbing down our nation somehow. Or, is there still a "something for nothing" mentality that is ingrained into us at birth that we can't shake?
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Yes, there's a fair number of folks that are, let's say, eternally but unrealistically optimistic.

Many folks simply don't understand or take the time to run something by their internal BS detectors.

Sad.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

You should see the movie "Idiocracy" it will explain everything :wink:

Never underestimate the lack of intelligence of sheeple who only have to
wander around and worry about self gratification.

Oh, I forgot to add that movie is borderline horrible, but it is funny and somehow
I think it might really portray our future.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

In Carl Sagan's book " The Demon Haunted World " he described it as a Boloney Detector, we all need to cultivate it.
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

You know....I might just come up with a scam of my own.....You know, a lot of those Colt handguns, Winchester rifles, and old Marlins that are sitting in your gun safe are most likely fakes....Send to to me along with $100 per firearm and I will check them out to varify if they are real or fake.... :twisted:
IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KIA 23 APR 2007, AGE 19,MUQUDADIYAH,IRAQ
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

big medicine wrote:You know, a lot of those Colt handguns, Winchester rifles, and old Marlins that are sitting in your gun safe are most likely fakes....Send to to me along with $100 per firearm and I will check them out to varify if they are real or fake.... :twisted:
Silly man.... You didn't post the address I'm mailing my guns to.

There all boxed up and ready to goImage
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Several years ago on the way to work, I stopped at the ATM and took out $20. The receipt said I had $ $4,835,617.89, I still have the receipt somewhere. Obviously a gross computer error. Showed it to my coworkers for a laugh and at least 1/3 were beside themselves how they could withdraw the money before the mistake was corrected. I found it disturbing in a way. I assured them that if it were possible to withdraw a large sum that did not belong to me they would figure it out and I would go to jail.

Talking to the bank later they said the computer gave the same balance to almost all their checking accounts.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Many of the people that stupid are known as 'Democrats'. (With apologies to those who are trying to salvage the legitimate vestiges of that party.)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

I'll never forget the news article I read of a guy in Philly when the new style $20 bills were coming out. He took out an add in one of the secondary news papers in Philly telling everyone to send him their old $20's as they were no good anymore and he would give them $10 in the new style, for each one. He had a lot of people do it until he got cought.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.