A Man's Word to me means??(DixieBoy Related)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

A Man's Word to me means??(DixieBoy Related)

Post by madman4570 »

I thought long and hard before generating this post????????/
I did so because I want everyone to know all reasons concerned.

Let me start off explaining back where the Post evolved on the Topic (Call for help for a fellow Levergunner)
We had one of our members in dire straits(in fact he still is in dire straits but we won't go there.

He had a Post that because of this he was going to have to sell his "very favorite gun" he has always treasured.
I was sitting at the keyboard reading that and thought (man that is not right,especially being this is a tight group of guys that have a common love of guns ourselves.My little brain thought well maybe I will just send him a donation( to avoid this if possible)and then got some positive feedback from others----(and so,a movement help DixieBoy began)

And, guys--------------what a movement.The out pouring of generosity was beyond belief. :mrgreen:
This started out as (a call to save a man's gun)but actually "read my post subject title" and I know you guys can read between the lines------simply HELP!

To make it simple-----lets just say(maybe make it easier to understand for a few)suppose this was a Fireman's Fund.
There was a call (a fund drive)which this became----to fund enough money(to purchase some extra Scott Air Packs)

So, while I am at the fire house buying a (chicken half dinner)I also state to the lady collecting donations(I WANT TO DONATE $50 BUT AT THIS VERY MOMENT I ONLY HAVE ENOUGH TO BUY THE CHICKEN DINNER) she says (no problem,you can sign this pledge card,tear the bottom half off to keep for yourself and either mail it to us or drop back by at the Fire Dept.

I sign the pledge card,take my half put it in my wallet(she takes the info down in her log book as (PLEDGED MONEY)-----meaning MONEY THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD -------by someone----I am in------my word is good------its on its way.

This is a Saturday------Sunday while sitting at the table listening to the radio(eating my leftover cold biscuit from the chicken dinner I bought yesterday-------I hear over the radio----------It looks like ##@%@#! Fire Dept got enough for theit Scott Air Packs--thank you all for being so generous.

NOW---------let me ask you---------should that person (that said)during that fund drive(who said I AM IN)put it in writing(though if their word should be enough)-----------------------say-------screw it. I am not sending in "the donation I SAID I WOULD"

Guess I few people have different logic of what they say and what they do??????????????
TO ME------when at an event(any event)where someone/someplace is in bad times(a bad place)and I bring myself into that areana of becoming involved and state to WHOEVER(my word)AT THAT MOMENT/THAT TIME I want to donate(help)Once I say---I am good for it------ITS DONE------I AM GOOD/YOU CAN TAKE THAT WHATEVER TO THE BANK)

No different than a blood drive hoping to get 1000 pints and I am at the table ready to give(signed up)then hear next table (boy we are doing good we already got 1020 pints)am I going to get up off the table and say(screw it)you guys got 1000 pints ---SO-- :roll:

What had happened here IS SIMPLE----we had a Fund Drive (that is what elvolved here)a certain of members said(I am in,some said how much/some did not)we took the data-----reported the data to the person recieving help so they could make ceratin plans etc.

One third of the people that said (a month ago)money coming(I'M IN)by whatever reason ----(AIN"T IN)
So a reminder note was sent to that one third wondering (what happened???)was it sent(did it get lost???) WHAT???????

Bottom line------anyone having any heartburn honoring what THEY SAID AT THAT TIME (CHANGED MY MIND)AIN"T IN----
Wish#1----you would have posted (I am only in until gun limit is reached)
#2 Once they reached gun----send a note to responsible parties saying(MONEY NOT COMING CHANGED MY MIND YOU PEOPLE ALREADY GOT ENOUGH MONEY etc)

NOT LEAVING PEOPLE WAITING/WONDERING/EXPECTING(for a month or how ever long)----WTF

For you guys that just forgot----or had to wait because of whatever-----you have my respect-----
For ANY-----that just changed their mind and did not have the ba##s to at least to honor what you said/wrote which was (I am in)and bailed.

You ain't got mine!

regards!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A Man's Word to me means??(DixieBoy Related)

Post by Mescalero »

How about an update, where does the project stand?
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Mescalero wrote:How about an update, where does the project stand?
I sent my pledge but have no idea if it got there or how he is doing so i think this is a fair question.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Absolutely is fair-----------------------
DixieBoy------------would you please give us an update of status on where we stand as best you see fit!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Guys,

I got a messege from a Member on here(and says another also has similar concerns ?????)that this has become a as he calls ita (BAIT & SWITCH DEAL)---------------------in so many words how I take that a (SCAM??????????????????)because of word "bait" being used.

Also implying that any funds exceeding initial rifle cost be returned to all generous givers???????????

Thoughts-----but I wager any money already sent has been used to allow DixieBoy the good fortune to remain in a inside living place and not on the street.So if that was even wanted(doubt it happening)

There is no way to sugar coat this now--------those that feel they should not have gave(or wished money would be returned please speak(or in the case type)up!

To say you forgot to send---------absolutely understandable,sh## happens.
A couple of kind gentlemen said-------things are tight(in so many words)will send/or just sent donation------understandable

Might be one or so that I believe use that wording(can't pony up $50 or whatever)but really has heartburn with contributing and that to me is a "bait and switch" deal when I know that amount is to those(actually pretty darn doable)for those and wished again they just said----ain't giving,no (can't send yet deal)when in my gut----------------------I feel differently. If I am wrong-----then yep,you better indeed keep it am get your own self straight! No disrespect meant but guys that is what I honestly think.

but---------------then again that brings me back to the title of this post!

JHMO----no accusations meant/but just possible assumptions????????

Where it is going now----------------------- :roll: You guys decide whats what!
Just glad it ain't a blood drive and I need blood! :roll:

Bottom line------I asked the (in my mind)the sharpest most honest best natured person I know for second advice on this (my little cute wife) I kept it simple/basic--------------her response immediately(without a thought)
if they pledged(I am in)knowing whatever at that time-------------they should honor that. No qusetions, (I agree)

Also please read post from DixieBoy reply on Topic titled-----------"Where we are at with DixieBoy's progress"
For those with the heartburn---------------where were your thoughts then????????
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I happen to be one of those who said they would send and something happened. :oops: I got Madman's PM asiking if I had sent it and spent a couple of hours looking. I found the envelope yesterday evening and dropped it at the Post Office myself. It was in a stack of mail that PillHer was ging to send and I didn't tell her it was there, so she didn't know. We have a new puppy and our 4 year old Atlas Terrier jumped up on the table to get away form the little nuisance named Chocolate Brownie. In the process, the envelopes were knocked down. PillHer picked them up, but missed a couple. One of them was my check to Dixieboy. All of the envelopes are found now, and we won't be putting them on the table again. I should have let PillHer know what I was doing, and she could have let me know that she couldn't find it. Sorry!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Here was DixieBoy's direct quote from post on Oct 20 2012 @ 10:59am

Bait and Switch--------?????????? :roll:

I figure that I'll need to be able to do that when I get a reply to an inquiry, and that reply reads something like "Can you be here next week?". I think that's how this is going to turn out. Selling the Marlin was my way of putting some more funds towards paying the bills that I have right now, and putting some towards the "time to go" fund.

No matter what, I want you guys to know that I think you all are Aces in my book. The other night I saw what some of you all had said and it honest-to-God choked me up. Didn't know what to say. I still don't, I guess. But I wanted you all to know what's been up on my end here and what my game plan is. It's taken me a long time to be able to clear the fog away and make honest assessments of the bigger picture and how I can make things happen for me.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

THIS is why fundraisers 'among friends' are more difficult than among strangers - the emotions can cloud things up. Same thing happens when a kid's school has a sale for school uniforms or band camp or whatever - I hate taking the little flyer thing to work because everyone sort of feels 'expected' to buy the stuff, then sometimes if they change their mind for whatever reason, there comes the guilt, and so on.

I know from experience outside this forum that when fundraising you build in a "success rate" vs. the "pledge rate", and that percentage is fairly well established in the fundraising community depending on the demographics of the people being asked to donate, the amounts, the nature of the product or 'cause' the funds will go to...

...SO DON'T BE TOO DISAPPOINTED...

...I don't know what the "success rate" should be for this forum and this particular 'cause' - but I'll bet professional fundraisers would feel a 60-70% rate was just about right.

Some enthusiastically jump-in, then realize they need a new car battery (that happened to me, but my circumstances aren't close enough to the edge financially that it was an issue - but it could have been, for some people), or realize they didn't have enough money in the first place, or the wife finds out, or they start thinking maybe their situation isn't that much different, so why isn't this fundraiser for them instead of this other guy, or whatever. Maybe they saw a 'political' comment that alienated them. Who knows.

I don't think anyone should get too upset about all this. Except maybe Madman4570 is justified in being upset that people made promises and didn't follow through, but that is the nature of humans. That's why these kinds of projects are hard to do among friends, because it exposes our flaws.

Fortunately, I don't have any flaws to expose, so I'm above all the fray... :D

By the way, did I tell you guys I have this bridge for sale...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Just won't be sitting at the campfire with any of that type!
To me Honor is everything-----your word/your bond
people need to read above words in RED that was sent by DixieBoy----the very day after original post!
No sugar coating it!
Those with issues posted "after" his posting in Red"-----I'm in

In fact----one gentlemen wanted to send DixieBoy his funds without saying who it is.
I said------Send it(if he don't get it,you lose it)I will send you(the sender)a check from me for $50!
That's the difference! :evil:
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

madman45-70,
Take a step back,you are way too emotionally vested in this.
What we want to know is did he get enough to save the rifle?
Let the rest of the water flow downstream.
Please.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Mescalero wrote:madman45-70,
Please.
+1 to that. I feel great that you generated such a fine response for DixieBoy.
I only feel bad that you feel bad. You done real good, madman. You come by Oregon, I'll buy you a beer!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

earlmck wrote:
Mescalero wrote:madman45-70,
Please.
+1 to that. I feel great that you generated such a fine response for DixieBoy.
I only feel bad that you feel bad. You done real good, madman. You come by Oregon, I'll buy you a beer!
Thanks but don't feel sorry for me(no need) but-----thank you friend! :wink:
It's not the money at this point(its much ,more)
The original post(my very first post)on the beginning Topic (Call for help of a fellow Levergunner)at 10.59pm on Oct 19 2012 I stated that I will be putting in $75 to help DixieBoy out to save his rifle/help him)
Then while laying in bed it hit me(what if he don't get enough/he still has to sell it???)what will he feel like what he has to do????
What would I feel like?????????? Then it hit me--------Its all about HIM/HIS FINANCIAL DILEMMA/the gun is just a piece of it.
A few of you guys immediately jumped on the cause.
In the Morning(am)I revised "my clear intent" and also had positive reaction to this(like Earl)
I wanted DixieBoy to get a REAL chance to change his life.I knew from knowing him(He is serious,he means bussiness)not just talk.
I have tried to help some on here(that just talk)saying want to go but always-----------------well/maybe/guess not/????
With those my patience only goes so far-----DixieBoy is serious.
So,I explained (to all)----------------No strings attached.That was that very upcoming morning from original first post late that prior night.

Now, anyone that had ANY reservations or anyone unable to understand that exact explanantion brings something in which to ponder on :?: now bringing what the cause is NOW!

Here it is--------------------posted 10/20/2012 9:50am

DixieBoy------------------------Is it ok to supply the generous gentlemen on here with your name/mailing address to send funds(we can do it via "pm" if you want it kept discrete.
You can see(the guys on here are ready willing and able)----------------Larry

Also,let me be clear-----------I truely hope this helps you keep your loved gun.(that is the general thought purpose of this)Actually clear purpose---to help ya!
But-----if things are so bad for you(and you still eventually have to end up selling that gun)speaking for myself(and I bet most on here)if----if it still gets to that point---------------then brother, you do what you have to do.
My donation is sent to you (with no strings attached)period.
If this donation(donations from the other guys)HELPS you through a bad time even if just some----then(I will be happy)
My money is on its way to you as we speak!
No strings------------prayers things get better quick----and Good Lord (I would like to see you keep that fine weapon)but if not(that be cool too)
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I have not frequented this site of late, so I missed the whole needs and response thread or whatever it was. These things come up on these kinds of boards and folks respond as best they can in the way they can.

This are hard times and sometimes folks jump in to quickly and when it comes time to write the check, the funds are not there. This is just the way life goes.

It was seem to me, that the hard line attitude or "pay up or be on my deadbeat list" is out of place. It sure won't be helpful to the next guy that needs a little help. Holding peoples feet to the fire over this, is far less than wise.

If I were Dixieboy, I would be mortifyed over the turn this thing has taken.

This is just my opinion and worth what you paid for it, which is nothing.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yeah I would just let it go, though I understand that men need to do what they say they will do....if Dixie Boy needs more, lets renew the drive.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

[quote AJ]Fortunately, I don't have any flaws to expose, so I'm above all the fray... :D [/quote]

That is why I always like to see what AJ has said. :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Charles,
Good to hear from an old border man again.
Hope you are well.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Charles wrote:I have not frequented this site of late, so I missed the whole needs and response thread or whatever it was. These things come up on these kinds of boards and folks respond as best they can in the way they can.

This are hard times and sometimes folks jump in to quickly and when it comes time to write the check, the funds are not there. This is just the way life goes.

It was seem to me, that the hard line attitude or "pay up or be on my deadbeat list" is out of place. It sure won't be helpful to the next guy that needs a little help. Holding peoples feet to the fire over this, is far less than wise.

If I were Dixieboy, I would be mortifyed over the turn this thing has taken.

This is just my opinion and worth what you paid for it, which is nothing.

Obviously you indeed did not read all the posts.
First off it's easy to just say that-----when you have no skin in the game.
Did you read right above your posting(in the blue ink)? This was as clear as I could express at least my feelings why this (help of a fellow member)quest had/has merit.
On that note----until a few hours ago I had no idea (what the total $$$)was-------------It didn't matter,this post was/is established to help out DixieBoy period.(gun/fuel/rent/food/bills)whatever-----did I mention reread words in blue above.
And since I generated THE POST I have the option to add to it(especially since it was within a span of overnight.
What does pi## me off is the questioning that this asking of voluntary help is questioned to be some type (scam???)etc.

There is no middle ground(this post evolved and evolved quickly)like iwithin overnight of the intial generation of post.
Any (one single person)that PRIOR to that posting update(that means prior to 10/20/12(9:50am)THAT SENT MONEY PRIOR TO THAT TIME-----------------------THAT NOW :roll: WANTS TO (BAIL TOO/WANT A REFUND)CONTACT ME! And I know who you are because I have records of those. I am holding no ones feet to any fire(don't want to give fine)however those that said-----I am in(now wants to bail)to me I see of nothing but non-honorable.Someone/someone's that I do not take seriously and I surely would not ask for anything.

Those that will get a thrill to step up and ask DixieBoy for a REFUND------------hope you feel good about and go ahead and knock yourself out.I will eat dirt----------before I ask for anything now!

I guess when someone thinks this quest for help is something of a bump & switch scam and NOW(just decides screw it)is cool----
Whatever!

Note: This pertains to the following members-------------------C.CASH/ BLAINEG/ MESCALERO/ AJMD429/ EARLMCK/ OLD SAVAGE/ GAMEKEEPER/ PILLER/ OLYINAZ (excuse using all capital letters guys)
ANY of you that sent your funds out prior to my second posting(and feel you have been SCAM'D and NOW :roll: want a REFUND----
CONTACT ME!

Any others---------------------after that time---------------------Don't know how it could be clearer!
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Howdy - I apologize for joining this thread late. I had a chance to be home today at lunch time and as soon as I had logged on I had a PM from Larry. This was one of the - too few lately - days where I had work with my contractor friend who does remodeling. I started to woof down a sandwich and was typing at the same time because we were only working about a mile from home and I figured I could save money by just making a sandwich. Then drove back up to the job site. So, forgive me for letting this run on unanswered for so long.

Okay, for those not following what I sure as heck don't want to turn into a drama, I'll run down a very fast chronology.

Around mid-October I place an ad on our classified forum here. It was for my favorite rifle, a Marlin 1895. I didn't want to sell it, and I wasn't interested in selling it for bottom dollar because it one of the really nice 22" barreled ones made at the old Marlin plant, back in the late 1990's.

The reason the rifle was for sale is because I've been struggling to keep my little ship afloat after losing both of my jobs in the last couple years. I was not one of those 99 week unemployment recipients like people read about. Not sure how they figure out these things, but I collected unemployment for well under one year; I think it was 26 weeks, and then 13 weeks, because it was not a full year. Over this last year or more I have done all sorts of things - odd jobs, a little contract writing, a helper for my buddy who does home remodeling, pretty much anything. All the while I've been trying to find teaching work out west. Primarily in Texas, though my search area has moved to Oklahoma as well.

There are some guys here who have known me for a while, and several of the guys who I talk with via PM's just to see how each other is doing. Then there are those guys I've come to know, and who know me, when we talk about things on forum threads. My own little dilemma here is this: I went back to school in the late 90's so that I could teach American History in a community college. Finished school in '03 with a masters and went right to work teaching as an adjunct at our local community college. Last summer I was shown the door there. No, I didn't do anything wrong. In fact, I had not missed even a single class for 8 years, got great evaluations both from my students and from school administrators. BUT, I ran afoul of the political correctness people. That's all it takes these days. The diversity police didn't much care for me either, as I am a member of the last group of people it is okay to discriminate against - white, male, straight, conservative. In academia today this is now an uphill battle, as many campuses actually have incentives for what they call "diversity hires." Yes, the schools actually get federal money to hire people who are NOT on that list of things which I am. For a good while now I've been doing web searches trying to find a place where a guy like me, who is willing to do his job to the best of his ability and be 100% reliable might be welcomed. More and more, that has been looking like Texas. Oklahoma too.

Anyway, I have communicated this to several of the crew here when we talk via PM's and I've also spoken about this on the thread here when madman4570 (Larry) started this unbelievable effort on the forum. You guys who have followed this know the story, but some do not. So, to recap: I placed the ad on the forum classifieds here back in mid-October.

I'd had no real interest in the rifle when the weekend came, and I was on my over to our monthly gun show in Melbourne to sell the rifle when I decided to check the classifieds on our forum before I headed out the door. I had not placed an ad on any other forum because I wanted this crew to have first crack at this truly sweet rifle. It was a complete and overwhelming mind-blower for me when I saw what madman4570 had started, and by the time I saw the thread there were a bunch of the crew who were chiming in pledging $ to madman4570 to help me keep this rifle.

Madman4570 (Larry) kept the whole crew here updated on what was happening, and, even though I felt this was a bit embarrassing, I wrote to the gang here too on both of the original threads which madman4570/Larry had started. Very quickly it occurred to Larry that if there was any money beyond the $675 I figured I'd get for the rifle/scope combo, that it could be seed money to get me the heck out of here and load my few things into a U-Haul and get to Texas. This is something that Larry addressed early on in his thread here on the general discussion forum as well. There was no deception on Larry's part, not one bit. I was very clear about what I hope to do if there was any money beyond covering what I was going to sell the rifle for.

I've kept madman4570/Larry apprised of when money pledged came in, and I've kept addresses so that I could write personal notes of thanks to all of the guys who were kind enough to think that helping me out was worthwhile. It is not intention to offend anyone, or to hurt anyone's feelings, but I've got to tell you, if you read what Larry was saying all through his threads he was completely open and completely honest. He hoped, as did more than a dozen of the guys who wrote to me personally, that if there was any money left over that it could be put to use getting me to some teaching work in a place where I could actually get hired. This is something which I also wrote about in the threads Larry/madman4570 started. The posts are there for all to see.

If Larry/madman4570 is guilty of anything, it is of being a little miffed that there were some guys who had pledged to him but nothing had happened. For my part, and for Larry's, the last thing that either of us wanted to do was to anger anyone, or offend anyone. We both know that among the crew of guys here we all operate at different speeds. For my part, I was ready to start writing these notes to the guys whose names you see in the thread at the top of the general discussion. That's a promise that will be kept.

However, there are one or two guys who've written to Larry/madman4570 saying that they were a little miffed, or, 'is this some kind of scam', or whatever. Again, if Larry/madman4570 is guilty of anything it is that he really got to feeling good about helping out one of the leverguns crew - me - who he felt was worth helping to keep my favorite rifle, and there was any money left over, to use the cash to load up a U-Haul and gas up the Ford and get to Texas. Some of you guys might remember where I wrote in the above mentioned threads that I've already missed out on a couple jobs which were open out there, and I'd talked with the HR people, but I was not THERE. I lost the jobs because I don't think a guy talking to them by phone and e-mail from Florida was taken completely seriously. As it stands now, I'm ready to jump and leave this place behind sooner than later. I'll sleep in my vehicle until I can get situated. Done it before, I can do it again.

There is one last favor I'd like to ask of you guys if you've stayed with me this far: Please do not hold anything against Larry/madman4570. Please. This is a good man, as are all of you here. He felt that he was doing something which was important. Yes, the guys who chimed in "hey, I'm in" but then were never heard from again, well, that got under Larry's hide. I ask you to let that go if he got under yours. Larry is guilty of nothing more than being enthusiastic about helping a fellow levergunner who he knows through this forum, for at least a few years.

One last thing: I will not embarrass anyone by listing "who threw in, how much" in this thing which got started here. Most (about 3/4 of the guys) of the crew who hurried to help me out in a completely unexpected outpouring of good will, are guys who know me to be an honest and fair guy when it comes to personal dealings. Way more than a dozen of the guys who joined in this effort are guys who I have had personal dealings with - typically when I sold off a variety of gear - and they know me to honest and fair.

Absolutely no good can come out of embarrassing a few who could not help with as much as they wished, and no good can come from pointing out those who helped out more than another. And no good can come from pointing out those who were never heard from. Guys, on the day I was headed out to sell this rifle at the gun show, and then was completely flattened by what was taking place here on the forum ... well, if I thought that this would have resulted in even one molecule of ill will here on the forum ... I would have said "the heck with that" and gone right over to the gun show and sold the rifle. No rifle is worth one bit of ill will here on this forum. That's it. Please, if you're one of the guys madman4570/Larry has lit a fire underneath, please accept this apology from me. He is one of the good ones, guys. And he's not the only one, not by miles. If he's guilty of anything, it is that he got very much into trying to do something truly good for one of the crew here. Me. It was not expected, and it still has me feeling grateful and humbled. That is from my heart. Please, please, do not let something which was begun out of pure good will become something else. Thanks for reading what I've had to say here. It has been a bit embarrassing for me at times, having this show of good will, and desire to help, right there in front of me. I've tried to communicate my gratitude here, before I got to the stationary store and started writing letters to all of the crew who've offered help.

I wish I'd been here earlier today to defuse this stuff much faster. I trust it is defused now. Okay ? - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Perhaps, We Can UnOffically Lock This Up Now? It Would Be Best, Don't Ya Think?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:Perhaps, We Can UnOffically Lock This Up Now? It Would Be Best, Don't Ya Think?
I agree.

It was a good project, and no need for it to leave anything but good feelings behind.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Not before I tell Dixie Boy that he does not have write me a letter, I gave because I wanted to
That is the end of it.
And you are to old to be sleeping in the truck, we did that when we were young bucks,
the broke parts get up slower now.
Thanks for the valient attempt to put this to bed.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

There is no doubt in my mine that everyone had good intentions and have nothing but best wishes and prayers for DixieBoy.
No need for anyone to feel bad, cheers to everyone.
Thanks for the update. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Pitchy and mescalero have just proved to the entire forum what lousy typists we are!
And people who do not have spell check :shock: :oops: :?
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Hobie would you please lock this thread! Thank you and to all those that followed through with what they said they would----thanks!