Where we are at with DixieBoy's progress

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Where we are at with DixieBoy's progress

Post by madman4570 »

Guys,

DixieBoy is really trying very hard to get all his ducks in a row(getting things ready to make his move,such as relocating to say Texas (for a job)in a moments notice when that opportunity arises.
I know many on here has helped fund this endeavor and I know he greatly appreciates this help beyond description.

Can I humbly ask all those who stated on the pertinent posts (I am in-----am sending funds) PLEASE do so as soon as possible or if something arose delaying this PLEASE contact DixieBoy.
He is too proud to ask about this and I know he wants to ensure he thanks everyone helping him----God bless him--------so I will ask for him!
bottom line-----some of you guys that posted(I am in---funds on the way)he has not heard from and is wondering did something get lost in the mail????????????
This is a HUGE Help you guys are doing and you guys are the best. He really needs this boost!
And he wants to work and he wants to get back on the right track again! :wink:

Thanks!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Where we are at with DixieBoy's progress

Post by Mescalero »

I'm good, ask him about the card I sent with the donation.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mescalero wrote:I'm good, ask him about the card I sent with the donation.

Know you did brother! :wink: pm sent!
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I want to extend real thanks to the following levergunners who came out of nowhere to help me keep my beloved Marlin 1895 rifle, and now with a few extra dollars to boot, forming the seed money for my "get out of Dodge fund." This might end up being a few tanks of gas and a U-Haul rental out west, I don't know. Good work could break for me here in FL still, but I want you all to know that your help will not be wasted, that it is deeply appreciated, and that this act of unsolicited and overwhelming good will won't ever be forgotten by me.

I've also heard from a few of the crew here who've let me know that, while I have not heard from them yet, they're good for their pledge, and I am sure they are. This is an extraordinary crew of guys here on levergunscommunity. As I hear from the guys who've been "bringing up the rear" please know that I will add your name to this list of fine folks. The following levergunners are folks who have already extended their generosity in this effort. They deserve to be acknowledged. By the way guys, you will all still hear from me personally with a short hand written note. I've gathered up your addresses with the help of Larry madman4570, and will be writing all of you, including those I've yet to hear from. Without further ado, I ask you to give these guys a hand:

Blaine - Who has just had his own job troubles lately. This guy is one class act, despite the fact that he would deny this! :)

LeverBob - Who doesn't want his real name used here, as the police in a tri-state area are still seeking him out.

Old Savage - Who had to have a pretty nurse help him write his note to me, with his recent auto accident injuries. Thank you Fred.

TheMarlinMan - Who is also evading posses in several of the border states, and does not want his real name used. Thank you sir.

Dave, from (I'm not making this up) "Parts Unknown." Guys, when you're on the lam like this bunch, and you take the time to help out a fellow levergunner, well, that's a guy who deserves to outrun the posse. He also gave me permission to take the Marlin out in the rain.

Mescalero - A "brother from another Mother" down in Arizona. We've become friends over the course of this thing, and I look forward to seeing his "diggings" one day, God willing.

Larry, "Madman4570" - who knocked me right over by first suggesting that a guy who loved his Marlin 1895 like I did, shouldn't ought to sell it, just because he's having hard times. Larry jumped into this effort with both feet. He's a good friend to more than one of us.

86'er - Who has helped me out here too, despite the fact that an unblooded Marlin is probably against his religion. Thanks Joe.

C. Cash - Another one of this great crew who came out of nowhere and said, "heck yeah, I'll help." Thanks Chris.

Boreman - Another fellow who did not want me to use his name here. Modest, or another of our crew on the lam ? You guys decide. :)

jdad - Another one of the great leverguns crew here. We'd never talked, but like so many of you guys, he jumped right in.

Old Ironsights - Despite the fact that we sometimes argue on the political forum, he's a friend, and offered help right away.

earlmck - Earl has been one of the guys who's become a friend here in the times I've been with the levergunners crew. He didn't hesitate to step up and help one of the crew keep his beloved Marlin. Alot of us have come to know Earl as a good friend.

NewPigHunter - Who told me that he'd gut ME like a pig if I revealed his name (just kidding there). Thank you sir.

Borregos - One of this gang who is always in the action in the shooting discussions, yet we'd never talked. Thank you too sir.

O.S.O.K. - Who only uses one shot for one kill. A very good guy, but with that motto, don't tick this boy off. :)

Sheepman Dave - Who, when I asked about his nickname, said that he has wanted to do this work since hearing "Wooly Bully."

Jazman - Another one of the anonymous crew here, and another man I'd never met or talked with, but wanted to help.

JohndeFresno - This guy has run more QuikLoad numbers for more of us than anyone who does this non-professionally. Thanks John.

BCinTN - Thanks to you sir, from one who admires the beauty of your state, and your willingness to help out here too.

gamekeeper - Guys, our British friend didn't want me to tell you, but he actually prints his own money over there. He just needs to remember that Prince Charles isn't on any of our dollar bills, at least yet. Thank you sir, from across the pond.

Pitchy - Pitchy actually built a contraption so that he could ride it down from Minnesota and scare the neighbors. Thank you friend.

AJMD - The doctor did not want his name used here, said that he'd perform a painful operation on me, without anesthesia, if I told.

2ndovc - Thanks Jason. I know that you're one of us who's had some bumps in the working world lately too. Hope things improve for all of us soon.

1886 - Our friend 1886 is covering "our six" here. Thank you friend. Won't be wasted.

SargeMarlin just helped gas up the tank. Thank you. By the way, I hope your Veteran's Day was good. Today I met a former Captain who'd been awarded the Silver Star for what he'd done on Hamburger Hill. I think this may be worth a thread of its own. Thanks again Sarge.

rjohns94 - Thanks Robert. This is going to help me get on the road !

Ysabel Kid - Jay, with all you've struggled with this year yourself, I was humbled when you got in touch. Let's resolve to hang tough!

alnitak - Hey Bruce, my thanks to you too sir. I had a friend who lived near where you are. Nice country up your way.

Jumbeaux/Rick in Texas - Thanks compadre. It's looking more and more like I'm heading out you all's way.

SteveR - Steve's keeping the faith in more ways than one. Thanks Steve!

olyinaz - Matthew, thank you sir. You and Mescalero are living in my favorite state. I envy you guys.

ElChivo - My friend, that was a very thoughtful and timely gift. Thank you.

Dave from Texas - Dave, I missed your handle and I'm going to have to figure that out so that you can be properly thanked too.

Thanks boys, from the bottom of my heart. - Joe "DixieBoy" Roberts
Last edited by DixieBoy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Hey guys - I'm proud to add 1886 and SargeMarlin to this list of the crew here. Thank you compadres. - DixieBoy
Last edited by DixieBoy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

DB - I just sent you a PM. I am SO SORRY I missed this when it originally came out. I've missed so much here lately. PM me back when you get a chance.

YK
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

:oops: I`m getting so oldish and slow i just now found this thread, thanks for the kind words DixieBoy and our prayers are out to you.
And i`ll get to work on my flying machine so i can fly down and see ya. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Pitchy - I'll be scanning the sky with my binoculars for you and your flying machine. :D

Ysabel Kid - I saw your PM and replied. Be safe out there on the road compadre. Looking forward to some more
"toes photos" soon when you get back home. - DixieBoy
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Pitchy - I'll be scanning the sky with my binoculars for you and your flying machine.
Heck of a flying machine :wink:

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I spent a couple extra days out of here over Thanksgiving. When I returned I'd heard from quite a few of the leverguns crew and have added all the guys' names above. Thank you guys. I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Here's to a great New Year to an extraordinary bunch of guys. - DixieBoy
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Please, please do not encourage Pitchy to fly.
My license is still valid, I do NOT want to be involved!
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Bro I would stay away from the big cities.....they have alot to offer but traffic can be terrible.....also, they tend to be more liberal than the country....I live in NE Texas but if I was gonna relocate then Central Texas would be my first choice. Good luck sir and stay in touch.....

rick