I owned a Marlin 375 W for about 2 hours this past weekend

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

I owned a Marlin 375 W for about 2 hours this past weekend

Post by AkRay »

It was one that I bought from another vendor at the gunshow. The gun had some aesthetic issues, but the price tag was $225.00, so I asked him how it shot and how he liked it, and he said he just took it in a trade. He then offered it to me for $175.00. I bought it and put it on my table for 275.00, until a 375 Winchester owner came and told me my price was too low. He wouldn't sell his rifle for what I was asking, so I raised it to $325.00. Soon after, another guy came along, this time a Big Bore 375 owner, who said his gun didn't shoot cast as good as he would like, and he was intrigued by my gun. He then offered me $300.00 which I took.

I made some money on it and bought another gun, but I'm thinking today that I should have kept it for a bear/moose rifle for my wife or the boys. I had an Automag II in 22 magnum in mind, but that one was sold when I went back for it. I settled for a lesser gun instead. I just need to start taking thousands of dollars to gunshows instead of only a few hundred.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I am sure you are a better man for owning that rifle for two whole hours. 1886.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

1886 wrote:I am sure you are a better man for owning that rifle for two whole hours. 1886.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jimbo
Levergunner

Post by Jimbo »

What no pictures? No targets with teeny tiny groups? What's wrong with you? :lol:
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Griff wrote:
1886 wrote:I am sure you are a better man for owning that rifle for two whole hours. 1886.
I was not trying to be a wise acre. They are nice rifles, I own two, and feel we benefit when interesting pieces pass through our hands. 1886.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

1886 wrote:
Griff wrote:
I was not trying to be a wise acre. They are nice rifles, I own two, and feel we benefit when interesting pieces pass through our hands. 1886.

I get your point, 1886, but how you made it was still pretty humorous!
.........THE TWINS..........