I was planning on taking the kids shooting today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

I was planning on taking the kids shooting today

Post by Bitmap »

I took the 4 year old first. It was threatening rain so I didn't bother setting up all the equipment. I used the garden wagon to haul a little bit of gear out and let him sit on the ground and use my gear bag in the wagon as a rest. It misted and/or sprinkled on us pretty much the whole time. We still had fun.

Here is the big boy.

Here is the backstop. Note the swinging steel. If you look close you can see a group he shot on the target.

A couple of more action shots.

Finally the rain got to him and we went in. I thought it would keep raining so I held off taking the other boys. Of course it didn't ever rain hard this afternoon but it did sprinkle off and on.

Better luck next time.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Cool! That smile says it all.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sometime invite a friend of his and their dad (or mom, or both) over to shoot as well. Your kid will need some shooting buddies down the road, and it never hurts to have lots of pro-gun kids in the citizenry. Our kids' friends have come over to shoot (with parent permission) and some of the parents who weren't anti-gun but weren't particularly interested in shooting heard how fun it was and came along the next time.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:Sometime invite a friend of his and their dad (or mom, or both) over to shoot as well. Your kid will need some shooting buddies down the road, and it never hurts to have lots of pro-gun kids in the citizenry. Our kids' friends have come over to shoot (with parent permission) and some of the parents who weren't anti-gun but weren't particularly interested in shooting heard how fun it was and came along the next time.
+1 Our future rights and liberties will rest on the next generation being as dedicated - or more - than we are about protecting those freedoms. The more people we can "convert" the more allies the true warriors - and there will be darn few of them - will have in fighting the "anti's".

Bitmap - that's a handsome looking lad you got there. Glad to see you are starting him out early. I did the same! Also glad to see you have his "eyes and ears" on! What caliber is he shooting?
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

What caliber is he shooting?
It's a .22LR with a Super 16 barrel.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Good job. Looks like he's having a great time.
Ricky

DWWC
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Cute little fanny burp. Hell, now I want to take him shooting, too! Cherish these moments. They turn twelve and stupid way too soon.

My darn stepkid actually turned me down when I invited him shooting the other day. Musta been a basketball game on or something. That boy ain't right! Who the hell turns down guns for video games? I wasn't even making him reload for me!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

way to go Bitmap
He will have fond memories of that day for the rest of his life
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bitmap wrote:
What caliber is he shooting?
It's a .22LR with a Super 16 barrel.
You done good! No other round lessens the fear of shooting, and builds their confidence faster. Accurate, cheap, quiet and little recoil - even a kid can shoot them for hours on end - and just want more (I'm just a big kid!). Excellent! 8)
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

Trust me guys, this isn't his first day at the range. He is an old timer - he's spent close to half his life shooting.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

:D :D :D :D :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Good job, Bitmap, another shooter added to the ranks. Glad to see the eye and ear protection, too many people think it isnt needed with "just a .22", but it sure is.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

jnyork wrote:Good job, Bitmap, another shooter added to the ranks. Glad to see the eye and ear protection, too many people think it isnt needed with "just a .22", but it sure is.
+1 :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Good on you!

I tell you though, I passed by this thread several times and every time read:

I'M PLANNING ON SHOOTING THE KIDS TODAY
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com