B-92 price check

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

B-92 price check

Post by Grizz »

What's the price range for a Browning Model 92 in .44 mag these days?

the action is in nearly new and relatively unfired condition, based on the lockup and draglines on the hammer.

there is great metal finish but for one small spot of rust on the receiver. no fingerprints etched into the bluing or anything like that.

the stock OTOH is kind of a mess with gouges that might not steam out, and a number of that kind of blemish. not in the same condition as the metal and a mystery how the wood can be dinged up but the metal isn't.

what's the current price range?

what's the barrel twist rate?

thank you

Grizz
JB
Senior Levergunner

Re: B-92 price check

Post by JB »

I sold one with a refinished stock and cracked forearm a couple of years ago for $400.00. Nice ones seem to bringing in the $600 range currently.
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

A seller begged me to buy one off his table at a gunshow a month back for $700 - it was in excellent condition - I passed (didn't want to get one with a twist rate that turned it into a shotgun). I'm looking for a pre-safety South American M92.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Its hard to go by GunBroker for things, but i was perusing them recently and saw a couple of Centennial models in the $700 range, but in excellent condition -- a NIB one for $800 (not BIN, -- that looked like the reserve but it had no bids )

-- so one in good "shooter" condition like you describe -- maybe 500 bucks? little more - little less?
----- Doug