I'm "Peed" Off @ The USPS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

I'm "Peed" Off @ The USPS

Post by Blaine »

I sent a first class envelope to FL to pay for something before the Labor Day Holiday, and it's not there yet..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Re: I'm "Peed" Off @ The USPS

Post by piller »

I recently was going to send something Express Mail, and was told that it wasn't guaranteed to get there next day. If the company I work for failed to live up to such promises, we would get sued.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I just came back from the PO where I mailed a text book to my fiance's son in College that's just a two hour drive from here. They told me it would take a week to get there if sent parcel post! Ended up paying three times as much to get it there in two days. :roll:
NRA Life Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The stuff from FL was sent by Not-The-USPS, and it's been here for three days :roll: :roll: :roll: This is not even the first time. Anything I send East takes so long, I get worried it got lost. "Pelosi", I used to send stuff thru the APO in ROK and it was only 4 or 5 days to make it to Ohio :roll:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

knowing a lot of people who ship around valuable items, USPS' track record is better than UPS'
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I have never had a problem with delivery times. I order from Midway or Brownells, it's usually here in less than 48 hours. I am a very active ebay trader, I have sent and received literally thousands of packages in the last 10 years or so, never had one get lost, only one be late. Pretty good record in my book.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I always mail at one particular post office drop box....I wonder :? :? :?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Just sent my Win. model 73 minus stocks & magazine tube
from PA. to Redman's in Omak, WA. by way of the USPS.
Priority mail, delivery confirmation & $500.00 insurance for
a total of $38.30. Got there in less than 3 days. I sure
can't complain about the USPS. :D
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

I have an office in Detroit & in Alpena, MI. 5 hour drive; 265 miles. Mail routinely takes 9 days.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I sent a check to Wisconsin by Priority Mail and it got there 13 days later. $7.50 to get it there fast !!! :evil:
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Last time I paid someone for something on the forum here the letter got lost and took weeks to find the poor guy. It makes you look like a deadbeat and really chaps my hide.

I shipped a telescope to a guy a few years back and despite packing it well enough for an air drop into a hot LZ the thing still managed to arrive smashed to bits. It was clear it had either been run over by a truck or caught in some heavy machinery at the sort. Insured, so I do the paperwork and they try to weasel out of it! I had done everything so above board that in the end they didn't have any choice but to pay me, begrudgingly, but it was clear I was dealing with the kind of people you don't want to be dealing with. NEVER AGAIN.

UPS and FedEx never never screw things up for me. Their people are nicer, the wait short (or nonexistent) at the UPS store or Kinkos, and the prices are fine. I avoid the USPS if at all possible and in the city I can do that. I feel for the people who do not have options.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

The USPS has done well for me over the last few years. I have zero gripes, even if it is a gov't operation.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I must be living in some kind of a bubble. I haven't had anything lost or even particularly late via USPS in the last decade. I had a FedEX package arrive damaged last year but they made good on the claim and that's the only shipping/mailing adventure I have to report this century.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
jshinal
Levergunner

Post by jshinal »

I've had good luck with shipping via USPS, but my city is the state capital, so it's probably better service here.

My BIG gripe with USPS is that they've become a trash-delivery service. :roll: I need an occasional package, and that's it. Everything else for me is electronic these days...but I can't make 'em stop delivering junk. :?
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

As far as Hawaii is concerned in my experience USPS is the lesser of 3 evils with FedEx in the middle and UPS a very distant third. UPS has the reputation for losing guns here leaving it on the front porch or delivering to a neighbor etc., and just all around lousy service. Is the USPS perfect? Not by a long shot but in my experience head and shoulders above both FedEx and UPS.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31