Inexpensive Tripod for shooting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Inexpensive Tripod for shooting

Post by 86er »

I did not want to hijack someone else's thread about the Stoney Point products being great. However, I wanted to let you guy know about this inexpensive option for shooting sticks/tripod
For a couple of years we have been purchasing picture stands (aka display stands) at the local arts and crafts store or sometimes on sale at Office Depot. They are foldable tripods with extendable legs from 22" - 72". Made of aluminum, they are very lightweight and durable. Take the two clamps off that hold the picture, or leave them to hand accessories on - like binos. To reduce weight a little more, the 3-point bracket that is attached to all the legs in the middle can be removed. A little camo paint and your in! Too tall for prone but great for sitting, kneeling or standing. Best part is they cost as little as $14.99 on sale.

Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

if you're looking to find one online, make the word "Easel" a part of your search. "Portable", "folding", or "adjustable" helps.

ok putting "aluminum" in there gets it.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

What a great idea, and inexpensive alternative! Too bad I spent too much for a mono-pod last fall! :cry: