New Cabelas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

New Cabelas

Post by Boreman »

Cabelas opened their new 80,000 sq ft store in Southridge Center in Charleston,WV today a 11:00A.Fantastic place and the store was a zoo.One of the fellows directing traffic said people were lining up at the front door at 7:00PM last night. I got out of the place for $132.00.Great deal's on alot of stuff if you took the time to look.I,for one,am glad they are here. :D :D
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Cabelas

Post by Streetstar »

I like Cabela's too --- i try to get in an afternoon trip sometimes when i am close to one so i can stop by the cafe for a buffalo burger for lunch --- mmmm mmm good

I bought a nice Winchester shotgun off a used rack in Omaha last year there--- some of the used gun prices are laughable, some are quite reasonable --- and they are willing to deal if they've been sitting on a gun for a while
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

MMMM....Cabelas......Good :| .....Me Like :|
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bob Hatfield
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bob Hatfield »

Well now I'll have to make a trip up thar soon as the new wears off. Do they have all the stuffed critters like other Cabelas stores. Seems I read that this store is smaller than the others.

Bob
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The trouble with gun stores is that it is free to go in but costs to come out...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I was at the wife's class reunion last week near Beckly. We were talking about that there. The next trip home will be a blast!
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

It's too bad the DFW Cabela's is on the other side of the world from me!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:It's too bad the DFW Cabela's is on the other side of the world from me!
:P You drove by one in Marysville, and another in Olympia :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BlaineG wrote:
Griff wrote:It's too bad the DFW Cabela's is on the other side of the world from me!
I've driven by them all... and stopped at most! But, the closest one to the house is all the way across the metroplex... an all day outing!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
I've driven by them all... and stopped at most! But, the closest one to the house is all the way across the metroplex... an all day outing!
You can order online, and designate a store for free pickup with NO shipping charges, when you know you'll be going by one :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

We have a fairly new Cabelas about 5 miles south of us, and a Scheels??? opening up next month about 5 miles NW of us. I've never heard of these guys before but their description sounds like Cabelas will get a run for its money.

Special attractions will include eight life-like bronze sculptures, a 16,000 gallon salt water aquarium full of brilliant colored fish, a 35 foot tall, 1200 square foot Wildlife Mountain, photo opportunities with huge bears and giant fish, a 65-foot, 16-car operating Ferris Wheel, mini bowling, a nostalgic shooting gallery, a Buck Hunter hunting simulator, and a 5 sport simulator with sports including basketball, soccer, hockey, baseball and football, where customers will be able to test their skills. Many more amenities will make this shopping adventure unlike anything the Utah retail customer has ever experienced.

The Gramma Ginna's Restaurant and Fudge Shop, named after the Grandmother of Scheels' President Steve M. Scheel, will serve gourmet soups and sandwiches, Starbucks® coffee, Gelato, Bavarian roasted almonds, and over 24 flavors of homemade fudge. The Sandy Scheels will feature sophisticated specialty shops ranging from the hottest fashion apparel and technical running gear, to spectacular hunting and fishing shops. The sport shoe, hiking boot and casual footwear selection will be designed to be the largest in Utah with everything from toddlers to serious hikers, and beach sandals to fashion boots for women. Interactive shopping will include a world-class golf shop, bike shop, ski and snowboard shop, canoe and kayak shop and fishing shop. The gun and hunting shops will have the largest selection of guns in Utah, ranging from every day shooters, to $20,000 collectible firearms displayed in the Scheels Collectible Gun Room.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

When, oh when, will they open up a store here in the Carolinas???
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

They would wait until I am 2500 miles from home, Oh well it is closer than the Northern Pan Handle when I get there.
It is not the critic who counts