Cowboy boots?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.Dirty-.Thirty
Levergunner 2.0

Cowboy boots?

Post by .Dirty-.Thirty »

I can't play cowboy til I have some boots and I've never owned any cowboy boots before. I am wanting a well made pair to wear around the farm and I am into the snakeskin ones. If you can recommend a qaulity brand I am in need or if you have owned snakeskin if you have any pros or cons to it. I am looking at a pair of Dan Post at the moment and see Laredo brand for $125 cheaper. thanks .DT
Marlin Owner....Henry Owner....Winchester Owner
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Cowboy boots?

Post by M. M. Wright »

Luchasse!
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

I once had a pair of Nokonos(spelling?) in Anaconda.Great looking and looooong wearing.Very comfortable.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I prefer bullhide. Usually Tony Lamas
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Get the best you can afford and I might add that make sure you get ones with Vibram soles and not leather. Leather soles are OK if your a office guy or a bar fly but they suck for outside work.---------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I bought a pair of Anaconda Dan Post boots in 1978---- still wearing them! I would go with Dan Post!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

What damienph and sixgun said +1.

I wore my anteater Tony lamas to a horse farm once and never again! Aside from being teased about them by the lady owner, the deep dust mixed with horse stuff was no fun to clean off when back home.
Ever since, just tough, comfortable outdoor work boots for me.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

They don't make a snakeskin boot that will stand up to what happens to a boot around the farm.
There are also darn few "cowboy" boots around anymore, there are "western" style boots, but the bulk of them you'll play hell getting them in and out of a normal stirrup as they are cut way to wide at the ball of the foot, and the soules they put on some of these boots are designed for a good grip on the dancehall floor,foot rails on the stools at the sody fountain or the sidewalks in town, but not so much going in and out of a stirrup.
So best thing you can do is head down town to your nearest "cowboy" emporium and try on boots until you find something they make that feels halfway decent on your foot, and doesn't look like a #2 snowshoe tied on to the bottom of your boot when you look down at it...
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

They don't make a snakeskin boot that will stand up to what happens to a boot around the farm.
Yes, what Don said is very true. Snakeskin boots are for the dancehall, not for chores. Go and try on different make boots and heels till you find something comfortable, is the best advice.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

The Tony Lama bullhide boots seem pretty darned tough, but I bought them with leather soles, I won't do that again, go with a rubber type sole.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

When I used to be able to get Olathe Mulehide work boots they were about as tough and comfortable as anything around.Mason shoe used to have a good boot also but I haven't seen any of their catalogs in years.
Double H makes some good "farm/chore/ cowboy" boots.And there used to be a boot they called Double tuff , made in Pennsylvania USA , that were a dang good boot that lived up to the brand name ..
But you have to watch where the boots are made, most boots even Tony's and Nacona now come from China. The few models that are made in Mexico are about the only ones that are any good.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

I forgot about the Double H boots, bought a pair of packers made by them and wore them everday doing constuction and for some hunting and they lasted years, I wouldn't hesitate buying another pair by them.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I've got a pair of Chippewa packers that have really stood up well. They say White's are the best for packers, but I think it's only the guys that work in town can afford those, I know they're to spendy for my budget...
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

The last and only pair of Tony Lamma boots i`ll ever buy fell all apart , cost me 250.00 bucks new and another 100 to get them fixed and they fell apart again :evil:

Wearing a pair of Nocona`s that i bought at a thrift shop for 15 bucks that are doing pretty good. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Ariat are the best I have had for long wear and looks, plus they are not real expensive. RR7
"That'll Be The Day"
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Laredo boots are cheap. I bought one pair about 12 years ago and never will again. Double H are good boots, as are some of the Tony Lama's. I had a pair of both the Double H and Tony Lama "TLX" boots. The TLX model are more of a hybrid cowboy/work boot. They were about the same quality and lasted about the same amount of time, and both are under $200. If you are wanting them for farm/ranch work or walking around, don't get leather soles, go with rubber. The leather soles are for riding or looking nice for church. As mentioned, snakeskin is also for looking pretty. You will mess up a pair real quick doing work around the farm.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
dogngun
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dogngun »

I found a pair I liked in Philadelphia pretty much by accident, and my late mother in law bought them for me as a birthday gift.
They are pretty much hand made in Mexico by Diamond J. They are black with ostrich fronts and white stitching on the tops, They horse rider boots, pointy toes and high thick heels. They are very comfortable, especially now. There is a local repair shop-an actual shoemaker - that rebuilt them when they were 15 years old, and remarked on how well made they are. They are now almost 20 years old, look like new, and feel like my slippers.

FWIW, that shoemaker told me he gets cowboy boots to repair from as far away as California and he has been doing them for decades. He also re-stitched my falling apart pair of Cochoran Jump Boots that are so old I don't want to talk about it.

A good old pair of boots is a good friend.

mark
The ostrich fronts have held up very well, and they were worn in all kinds of conditions and weather, including snow with road salt. They look like new.
I looked into Diamond J, and at least some of them are now made in China...I'd recommend the Mexican version-they show real craftsmanship.
Last edited by dogngun on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GOP/teabag party - Anti American AND stupid.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Since you're only playing cowboy, spend a few bucks and get some kind of exotic "leather". Ostrich, gator or some other reptile look good. I've heard of sharkskin, but haven't seen any. Spendy, but they do have a cool factor all their own.

And remember, take care of the uppers and you'll be able to resole them for years.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

I own a pair of Lama's elephant hide (before it was illegal) bought them in mid 80's, wore them every day for probably 10-15 years, and off and on after. Kind of retired them a little, have had them resoled several times, but probably can't do it again, so retired them.
My other pair are Tony Lama's too, but steer hide.

Had a pair of Antelope Justin's, softest best fitting, wearing boots I ever owned, but hide not as tough, they wore out, they had quit making the pair I owned, and bought the Elephants.

Dan Post makes a good boot, or used to.

Depends on what, when or how using them? Every day just walking around? Riding? Hunting/working? Ropers are comfy, low heel, riders have steep heel, knee highs?
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

I got a pair of Tony Lamas twenty plus years ago--before China--and think they're bull or mule hide, oiled finish with semi rounded toe and not too high a heel (still canted cowboy--not Wellington--style). They may be the TLX's described; I don't recall; they did have the rubber or synthetic soles--old gum colored. Definitely worthy of work--very practical, while still looking nice in a working cowboy functional way, I'll have to dig them out again. In any event, very tough and comfortable boots. I'm sure a little small on me these days! At least were last I checked and that was even many pounds--and years--ago.
Anyway, +1 on the rubber--or at least not leather--soles.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

FWIW - I was nearly 16 years old when my folks moved to the city and I found out there were other ways to make a living than being a cowboy. However, my cowboy years were in the "great" depression and, most of the time, I couldn't afford real cowboy boots - so, when I got a pair, I wore them even after my feet had grown a size bigger cause I just hated to give them up.

That said, I've always had good luck with Justin - matter of fact, I think they own most other cowboy boot manufacturers - and are reasonably priced and long lasting - the plain black pair I'm wearing today I bought in August, 2000 - still very comfortable to walk in and look good enough to wear daily - wife kids me 'cause I have so many pairs now - probably some 8 - 10 pair - and don't own any ordinary shoes - I'm making up for the years I couldn't afford them..

Boots made of exotic skins are usually not resistant to daily wear around the ranch, barn yard, etc. - many have heels taller than comfortable for walking, an many require special care - but - if those kinds appeal to you - go for it - you could get a pair of fancy skins for show and plain ones for comfortable daily wear

These are Chippewas - a company better known for moccasins - but it is owned by Justin -

Good looking (though that's always in the eye of the beholder) , sturdy, and not expensive (compared to such as exotic skin boots such as snake skin or ostrich) I think these might satisfy your desire for appearance as well as reasonable price - $180 IIRC
Last edited by OJ on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
longarm4146
Levergunner 2.0

Post by longarm4146 »

for all round I'm in agreement with Rangerider 7 concerning Ariats......and thery have all styles from lacers and packers to traditional CB boots with vibram soles.. Luchese for dress boots.
SASS 4146
BOLD 199
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Don McDowell wrote:They don't make a snakeskin boot that will stand up to what happens to a boot around the farm.
So best thing you can do is head down town to your nearest "cowboy" emporium and try on boots until you find something they make that feels halfway decent on your foot, and doesn't look like a #2 snowshoe tied on to the bottom of your boot when you look down at it...
What, Don, you don't like those double-row stitched soles? They're the cool cat's meow for boot-scootin'! :P But Don's right, those're two truism's. Never take ANYONE's advice on what brand to buy. Unless that happen's to be a custom maker and their instructions on how to measure your foot are explicit and complete. (At a minimum it should include the complete outline, height at the top of the arch, bottom of the arch and distance of both from either heel or toe), or visit the shop to get measured At the VERY least, have the boot-maker on the phone as you take the measurements.

Whole books have been dedicated to the "cowboy" boot, and can't think of one that's complete! Most of the "big" name boot makers who earned their fame are now just corporate subsidiaries. Whereas they once were concerned with qualiity of their product, now it's market-share. I've worn cowboys since I was 6, and have seen changes that drive me nuts. And at one time or another have worn them ALL.

Fact: Each maker, even those under the same corporate umbrella builds their boots one a last (form), that's unique, or nearly to them. They WILL fit DIFFERENT. SOME TO THE POINT THAT THEY WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR FEET. Even if 5 out every 10 folks you hear from say they're the best fitting boot they've ever worn. remember this, they ain't standing in YOUR feet. The "cowboy" boot in it's 20th century form was leather, thru and thru, with a steel shank in the sole for stability. They had pegged soles and at least a 1-½" slopped heel. To me, that still sez "cowboy boot." Exotic skins need not apply. For the foot, in descending preference are elephant, mule-hide, bull-hide and "shoulder". For the uppers, "french-calf", although not so much for desert or southwest ranch work.

"Cowboy" boots have leather outer soles. I order mine w/at least a ½" thick sole. The pair I'm wearing today I bought in 1995 with money for my first paid magazine article. Paul Bond "stock" working cowboy boot. The only "off-the-shelf boot he offers. I happened to be in his store with money in my pocket. It just so happens that they were perfect. When I bought mine they were a rough-out black foot with "shoulder" leather uppers. Limited choice of colors, luckily that day they had brown available in my size. When I went back a few years later to order a custom pair, that boot was my starting point.

Don't get me wrong, I still buy the occasional Tony Llama or Nocona boot, but they have to be made on their original lasts, of traditional design, materials and are strictly for "dress". Although for strict comfort, and driving or standing while working, either Tony L. or Justin "crepe" soled Ropers are VERY comfortable! But, there ain't much about them that sez "cowboy" to me. Yes, they are re-sole-able. Image

One of the few exceptions to exotic skins is a "wingtip" in iguana. Tough, good looking and WILL outlast the rest of the boot!

Read all you can on boot care. It will help whatever you buy last a lifetime, maybe more!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Griff you're absolutely right about not taking anyone else's word for something. Told the wife a year or so ago just to either shoot me dead or have me committed if I ever bought a pair of those piece of stuff Ariats again...... :wink:
Bought 2 pair of my favorite Double H's last time I went boot shopping, that way I'm a year ahead of the style change/model drop.....
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

If buying boots to use for CAS, SASS rules say "no tread" on the sole.
After joining SASS you receive the Cowboy Chronicle monthly.
There are lots of advertisers there for boots suitable for CAS.

I would be sure to decide what class you want to shoot in so your choice is appropriate to the clothing you will be wearing.

Most local club shoots are not so strict on type of foot wear you can wear as long as they look like a Cowboys work boot or fancy if in B Western class etc.

For most of our local club shoots I wear my Georgia Boot
Romeos. They look like a western boot under long pants and
are very comfortable. :wink:

For special shoots I wear my custom made Elk skin boots
hand made in Montana for my FIL who could not wear them due to medical issue so he gave them to me. :D :D :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:If buying boots to use for CAS, SASS rules say "no tread" on the sole.
After joining SASS you receive the Cowboy Chronicle monthly.
Actually, the rule you're thinking of only applies to two categories... Classic Cowboy and B-Western, and reads:
• Boots are required and must be of traditional design with non-grip enhancing (i.e. “NO Lug”) soles. Moccasins are not allowed.
Other categories can wear pretty much anything except those types that are prohibited due to construction material or clear lack that "period design" influence.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Griff, You are right.
I did not word it very well but my thought was to research a little more before spending a bunch of bucks on boots, or any CAS gear for that matter.

If you pick a persona like say Festus Hagen for example.
Those shiny snake skin boots will look like a diamond ring on a sow.
Lots of new shooters dive in and spend big bux on gear that
they never use. :shock:
roundup
Levergunner 1.0

Post by roundup »

I'm down to my last 5 pair of boots: Two pair of pre-China Tonys. Both have been re-soled several times...rubber. One pair of Canadian made Boulet boots, recommended to me by an old Basque cowboy as "The most comfortable boots ever". I've had them for 10 years with the original leather soles. Two pair of Justin ropers..one a knock around pair and the other a pair of black Iquanas for funerals, honky tonkin' and the Round-Up and it's festivites. The Boulet boots are well made and reasonably priced.
Happy Trails!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

When its time to put on boots, its usually a pair of Justin crepe sole roper style boots. I don't ride much (unless you consider riding around in my truck to be riding) , and these are comfortable and look nice.

Mine are ostritch and my feet fluctuate a little with the seasons , so i have 2 pairs, -- but my brother has a pair he has work almost continuously for 7 years and they are still looking sharp --- price was , maybe 300- $350 but for a boot that lasts 7 years + in an exotic skin (Ostritch doesnt seem that exotic in TX and OK though) -- i'd almost say they are well worth it. Ostritch is pretty darn durable but is very lightweight and supple at the same time

My favorites are the round toe types that Don McDowell lovingly referred to as "#2 snowshoes" on the previous page, but thats because i have a very wide foot --- and am not sliding them in and out of a pair of stirrups regularly

I had a pair of Dan Post Lizard skins a decade ago in a more traditional style with a leather sole , -- but i gained some weight and they started to split at the grain --- they lasted about 3 years of nearly daily use --- I still think they are the nicest looking boots going though (my taste , - ymmv) i'll get another pair one of these days but will reserve them for "dancehall duty"
----- Doug
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I have a pair of Dan Post snakeskin boots that I bought used at a gunshow, the snakeskin is finally tearing up a little, but have been a fine confortable pair of loafing, going to town boots for the last 15yrs or better. I never wore them to work outside in, though or they would not have held up, and if you ride a motorcycle, don't wear a pair of snakeskins, unless you have a heel shifter, a tow shifter will damage boots like snakeskin on the up shifts.

Probably the very best cowboy boots I ever owned, and I have wore cowboy boots all of my life was a pair of Nocona Elephant Hides, I never did wear them out on the outside, but finally wore them out the inside, after several resoles. They were my main pair, once again for dress and loafing for probaby 15yrs.

Sharkskins are tough, and cheaper then Elephant. Double HH makes good long lasting workboots with rubber soles, but the heels are a little tall for me, as I have gotten older. I know they are not cowboy, but for my use for farm and construction work, You can't do better then RedWings slipons, I just wish I didn't have to buy them with steel toes, but my company demands steel toes, anymore. So steel toe RedWings is what I normally wear, when I work on the farm or job. Stupid OSHA Rules.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Nate C.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nate C. »

Unless things have changed again, Justin Boots has owned both Tony Lama and Nocona for over ten years now. I own several pairs of each, and they are all now made in Juarez, Mexico. I hadn't heard they were making them in China.

I am fond of Nocona, but hands-down, the best factory-made boots are Lucchese, but I believe most of them are also made in Juarez, Mexico. I also have some Tony Lamas that have served me well. Olathe boots have a good reputation as well. The Ariat brand is real popular with a lot of folks, but I never wore a pair.

Others have given you good advice about reconsidering the snakeskin. The snake/lizard skins look nice, but they just won't withstand real abuse. It's been said before, and you can't get it any more, but elephant hide was TOUGH. Next best thing is probably bull hide. Now, down in Mexico, the sting ray hide is real popular. It is flashy just like snake skin, and I am told it is very durable. I don't know if they sell many sting ray boots here in the US, but that might be worth looking into.

If you plan to ride a horse, don't get a walking heel--you will slip your stirrups. If you plan to walk, particularly in rough terrain, don't get a tall riding heel--it makes for an unstable platform. I am a big fan of the crepe soled boots--it feels just like wearing loafers, and on a quality pair of boots you can get them resoled just as many times as a traditional leather sole.
Texas State Rifle Association http://www.tsra.com

Freemason. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I just took a peek since i saw my boots sitting on a shelf --- both pairs of Justin crepe sole boots -- "MAde in USA " -- one pair is 7 years old, the other pair is 2 years old, --- haven't shopped for any lately

If thats important to ya (for me, sometimes yes, sometimes no -- the fit is far more important than where something is stitched up to me-- but thse fit grat too :) )
----- Doug
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

OJ wrote:FWIW - I was nearly 16 years old when my folks moved to the city and I found out there were other ways to make a living than being a cowboy. However, my cowboy years were in the "great" depression and, most of the time, I couldn't afford real cowboy boots - so, when I got a pair, I wore them even after my feet had grown a size bigger cause I just hated to give them up.

That said, I've always had good luck with Justin - matter of fact, I think they own most other cowboy boot manufacturers - and are reasonably priced and long lasting - the plain black pair I'm wearing today I bought in August, 2000 - still very comfortable to walk in and look good enough to wear daily - wife kids me 'cause I have so many pairs now - probably some 8 - 10 pair - and don't own any ordinary shoes - I'm making up for the years I couldn't afford them..

Boots made of exotic skins are usually not resistant to daily wear around the ranch, barn yard, etc. - many have heels taller than comfortable for walking, an many require special care - but - if those kinds appeal to you - go for it - you could get a pair of fancy skins for show and plain ones for comfortable daily wear

These are Chippewas - a company better known for moccasins - but it is owned by Justin -

Good looking (though that's always in the eye of the beholder) , sturdy, and not expensive (compared to such as exotic skin boots such as snake skin or ostrich) I think these might satisfy your desire for appearance as well as reasonable price - $180 IIRC

Where you been wearing those boots? Looks like they've never been off the carpet. . . . lol
Great looking. Actually I'm jealous.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Meeteetse wrote:
OJ wrote:FWIW - I was nearly 16 years old when my folks moved to the city and I found out there were other ways to make a living than being a cowboy. However, my cowboy years were in the "great" depression and, most of the time, I couldn't afford real cowboy boots - so, when I got a pair, I wore them even after my feet had grown a size bigger cause I just hated to give them up.

Where you been wearing those boots? Looks like they've never been off the carpet. . . . lol
Great looking. Actually I'm jealous.
Thanks for the kind words -

Well, it's true they haven't ever been in what I used to step in on the ranch - but - I've worn them to the shooting range, working in the yard, riding my motorcycle (before aging knees made me quit) - they do clean up quickly with the boot brush I step in on the floor - are waterproof - and never need polishing - just a little Lexol leather oil every year or so - they're also long lived - they and another pair identical to them will probably be in my estate -
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

OJ, do those boots have a model name other than Chippewas? I wasn't kidding when I said I was jealous. I looked at the Chippewas Webb site and didn't see anything that really looked like your boot. I been looking for something similar for some time. I was just in Casper, WY and in Cheyenne for Frontier Days and couldn't find anything except the fancy boots with the multicolored shaft and fancy stitching. Not what I wanted. Guess I'll have to use the internet. In Texas the new thing (new to me) is the square toe and "white" stitching. :shock:
Thanks
Dave
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Meeteetse wrote:OJ, do those boots have a model name other than Chippewas? I wasn't kidding when I said I was jealous. I looked at the Chippewas Webb site and didn't see anything that really looked like your boot. I been looking for something similar for some time. I was just in Casper, WY and in Cheyenne for Frontier Days and couldn't find anything except the fancy bootThe inside print says "s with the multicolored shaft and fancy stitching. Not what I wanted. Guess I'll have to use the internet. In Texas the new thing (new to me) is the square toe and "white" stitching. :shock:
Thanks
Dave

The printing inside the boot - as above link states - Chippewa Boots: USA Made Western Cowboy Boots 20012 -
Those in the pic are my second pair - having worn out the heel - but the rest of the boots lasts forever - prices do go up but even that price seems reasonable for boots of this quality -
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

OJ wrote:
Meeteetse wrote:OJ, do those boots have a model name other than Chippewas? I wasn't kidding when I said I was jealous. I looked at the Chippewas Webb site and didn't see anything that really looked like your boot. I been looking for something similar for some time. I was just in Casper, WY and in Cheyenne for Frontier Days and couldn't find anything except the fancy bootThe inside print says "s with the multicolored shaft and fancy stitching. Not what I wanted. Guess I'll have to use the internet. In Texas the new thing (new to me) is the square toe and "white" stitching. :shock:
Thanks
Dave

The printing inside the boot - as above link states - Chippewa Boots: USA Made Western Cowboy Boots 20012 -
Those in the pic are my second pair - having worn out the heel - but the rest of the boots lasts forever - prices do go up but even that price seems reasonable for boots of this quality -
Those are good boots. We can order those out of our Hall's Lineman catalog. I am on my second pair; very comfortable, the sole will outlast the uppers.

In the Hall's Catalog (hallssafety.com) it is Chippewa 12" Bay Apache Wellington Arroyos Cat#29300. They used to carry the darker pair like OJs but the current catalog only has these.