OT - But gun-related. Has anyone ever been...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - But gun-related. Has anyone ever been...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

to the Knob Creek machine gun shoot?

http://current.com/items/87302871_shoot ... ns?xid=200

Showed my 9-year old son this after our Cub Scout pack meeting this evening. He flipped when he saw the 9-year old shooting the Ma-deuce. All I heard for the next half hour was "I want to go! I want to go!".

Of course, after he went to bed, I was telling my wife...

"I want to go!" :D
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

I've got something to say to ya YK......

I WANNA GO, I WANNA GO :shock:
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

I've seen a few of the youtube clip from Knob Creek, They remind me of the million dollar minute I got to see at Fort Jackson when I was in Basic Training. Ain't firepower great!!! :D :D :D
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Dillon (www.dillonprecision.com) sells videos of it, and they are really nice. I got one from them as a freebie years ago when I ordered my reloading press from them.

The swivel-chair with a pair of mini-guns is my favorite.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That would be something to see.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

A friend of mine sent me video of the shoot. the owner was giving a tour. He said there's something like a three year wait for vendors because they are so full.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

The last time I went was in the late 90s. Everyone should go at least once; it's quite an experience.

Expect to park far away, and walk a good distance through ankle-deep mud. Wear proper footwear and wool socks. Take a backpack with sandwiches, cereal bars, bottle water, etc. The concession prices are way up there.

Take GOOD ear protection, the firing line is like a continuous ROAR when it goes hot. Foam ear plugs will take the edge off, I'd recommend muffs, too, if you plan on being there a while.

The firing line itself is fairly short, and the wait list to get line time to be able to shoot is quite long. The old-timers that have been attending there for years get seniority.

There are some MG shooters that rent out gun time on various MGs, and you can usually be accomodated if you have several hours to all day to wait your turn. Bring lots of $$$, the MG owner/shooters that rent gun time do so at a profit. You'll be buying the ammo and the use of the gun.

The gun show is great, but MG-oriented. There's a pole barn for part of it, and big tents for the overflow of dealers.

I quit going because of the crowd, the inevitably lousy weather, the mud, and the 14 hr one-way drive.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

BTDT once and I'd love to go back.

The oddball stuff that shows up is unreal. I was walking along and kept feeling the ground shake a little. Finally pinned it down to a guy shooting prone with what I first thought was a .50BMG rifle. Got closer and saw it was a dadgum Lahti 20mm AT rifle.:shock:

And I still want it... :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at