.348 bullet into CA dirt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

.348 bullet into CA dirt

Post by getitdone1 »

Finally got to a shoot'in range out here in CA today. Been here about 6 months so thought about time.

Whoever it was in this group that suggested Bee Canyon Road near Hemet, CA for shooting--I owe you a thank you. About 9 miles from where I live. 7-8 "recesses" in small mountains and if you go on a week day appears you'll nearly always find one or more available. Rough, dirt road for about a mile and a half but takes you back where you can 'do your own thing' minus the regimentation of a regular range. Real safe in that there's a lot of dirt between the shooting areas and it's goes real high.

You are supposed to call the U.S. Forest Service at Idyllwild, CA to see if they are allowing shooting there. They have been closing it down at 1:00 PM but today they said it was open all day. This is especially true during the hot, dry summer months when there's much more chance of starting a fire. Things get real dry and they might close it down for several weeks.

The Browning 71 carbine did fine--as always. Those big, tapered cartridges chamber real smooth. Mostly 200 gr Hornady's but 3, 250 gr Barnes Originals. Short and handy gun. Well made. A tad heavy but after a several rounds your shoulder tends to like the weight. Not a hard recoiling gun at all and I mean without any shoulder padding. The big shotgun type, steel butt plate spreads the recoil well.

Had my guns all put away but recently got 3 of my favorites out and leaned them against the wall, side by side. Enjoy seeing them as I walk by. As they say: "Eye Candy."

Get a house and I'll have a gun rack right above my desk.

Don
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .348 bullet into CA dirt

Post by pwl44m »

Good to hear You are gettin some shootin in. And finding a place relatively close to Home is a good thing.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .348 bullet into CA dirt

Post by Grizz »

The 4-wheeler sites have lots of info about any area you are in. Here's the map of the roads and trails off 74.

lots of info on those sites about conditions, etc.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showt ... ld-GPX-GPS