Need to read guys-------------Heads up!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Need to read guys-------------Heads up!

Post by madman4570 »

JMHO------------I am no Lawyer so take it for what it is worth!

For those of you that do not understand this posting Facebook is now a publicly traded entity. Anyone can infringe on your right to privacy once you post on that site. It is recommended that you and other members post a similar notice to this one on that site or you may copy and paste this one. Again, it is now a publicly traded site, Protect Yourself.

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my............... photos, and/or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law.

UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Need to read guys-------------Heads up!

Post by Pitchy »

Went there once and didn`t get a good feeling about being there just for that reason, haven`t been back.
Only thing good i can see about it would be it`s a good place to spread news about Obamas birth certificate. :wink:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Cancelled when I first heard of the IPO last year.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

This kind of site is about about as close to "social networking" as I am going to go. Never had a "book" page/wall and never will. I guess I'm just too "unFriendly".
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Whats Facebook?
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Sixgun wrote:Whats Facebook?
It's an online security blanket....................................

awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Pete44ru wrote:
Sixgun wrote:Whats Facebook?
It's an online security blanket....................................

Or as I call it, Stalker Central...
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Cancelled/ shut down my page two years ago - they don't let you delete...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Old Ironsights wrote:This kind of site is about about as close to "social networking" as I am going to go. Never had a "book" page/wall and never will. I guess I'm just too "unFriendly".
+1
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Nate C.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nate C. »

That is utterly silly. It's kind of like walking down the sidewalk and telling everyone who comes along "Hey, you can't look at me." If you don't want people looking at your stuff, don't put your business out there on the Internet for whole world to see.
madman4570 wrote:JMHO------------I am no Lawyer so take it for what it is worth!

For those of you that do not understand this posting Facebook is now a publicly traded entity. Anyone can infringe on your right to privacy once you post on that site. It is recommended that you and other members post a similar notice to this one on that site or you may copy and paste this one. Again, it is now a publicly traded site, Protect Yourself.

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my............... photos, and/or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law.

Texas State Rifle Association http://www.tsra.com

Freemason. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Ironsights wrote:This kind of site is about about as close to "social networking" as I am going to go. Never had a "book" page/wall and never will. I guess I'm just too "unFriendly".
You mean you like it here on "GUNBOOK"...? :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Our lives are all open books. What could they possibly see, unless you put it there? :wink: :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Nate C. wrote:That is utterly silly. It's kind of like walking down the sidewalk and telling everyone who comes along "Hey, you can't look at me." If you don't want people looking at your stuff, don't put your business out there on the Internet for whole world to see.
madman4570 wrote:JMHO------------I am no Lawyer so take it for what it is worth!

To each their own guys! (was just advised to do this by someone that has a whole lot more Legal sense than I do)
Everyone decides how far to leave their own barn door open I suppose?

Good Luck :wink:
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

madman4570,
Just curious but do you really believe that Facecrap (that's my name for it) will honor such a request?
I personally do not indulge in such baloney but know people who do and I keep warning them about what they put up for other people to see.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

True or false, I really see no need to have a Facebook account. If I want to share pictures with someone, I email some to them or if a large quantity, I send them a disc. I think it's stupid to post one's private life on the internet as there are all sorts of ways that bad people can use the information to harm you. And if they do, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Example: If I were to post that I was going to be away for the next 2 weeks I would be in effect telling the world that my home was uninhabited and anyone was welcome to come in and help themselves to my property. And for those who think that making their account private locks out everyone from all your private information, I have just this to say to you. YOU ARE DELUSIONAL! If it's on the web, it available to anyone who wants to try and get it.

The obvious solution is to do what people have done for thousands of years before Facebook; keep their private lives and private information private.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I poked around with Facebook a while back.

Limited my community to family only.

Finally decided there just wasn't time in the day to spend on some of the 'drama'.

Checked out and haven't been back.

:roll: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

COSteve wrote:True or false, I really see no need to have a Facebook account. If I want to share pictures with someone, I email some to them or if a large quantity, I send them a disc. I think it's stupid to post one's private life on the internet as there are all sorts of ways that bad people can use the information to harm you. And if they do, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Example: If I were to post that I was going to be away for the next 2 weeks I would be in effect telling the world that my home was uninhabited and anyone was welcome to come in and help themselves to my property. And for those who think that making their account private locks out everyone from all your private information, I have just this to say to you. YOU ARE DELUSIONAL! If it's on the web, it available to anyone who wants to try and get it.

The obvious solution is to do what people have done for thousands of years before Facebook; keep their private lives and private information private.

Steve,

But you do dude(on here)you tell us----Guys were going to Spain for 3 weeks etc.
We all might be Yahoos :shock:

Kidding/Kidding :D

Guys, really I can see how some people kinda like it(example,wife has about 350 friends)seems like her whole HS Class/ old Cheerleading group from HS/College Softball group from HS/College/co-workers on and on.Just gotta be careful like Steve said what ya post.

That warning thing I had-------could be it is bullsh## ???????
Just someone told me about this and that someone is usually spot on(and if it was stuff/better safe than sorry)I guess.

Anyone, I use it(but really not a lot)
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

BlaineG wrote:Our lives are all open books. What could they possibly see, unless you put it there? :wink: :roll:

Ha! Ain't that the truth. :D And even if we TRY to hide it, seems like everyone knows everyone's business anyway. Just last week three people stopped over the house because they heard about my poppy field and pot farm. Imagine that? I never told a soul.------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD