Win 1886 rebounding hammer change

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JFE
Levergunner 2.0

Win 1886 rebounding hammer change

Post by JFE »

Can anyone help with the correct Browning 1886 parts and numbers that I need to order to convert a Win 1886 rebounding hammer set-up ?

The rebound hammer in mine has already been disabled, but I want to get the tang safety slot welded and fit the correct Browning parts. Who knows, some enterprising soul might even be making a change over kit by now?
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Win 1886 rebounding hammer change

Post by Pete44ru »

If it was my 1886, I would surely entrust it to fellow board member Mike Hunter.

Mike's done more than a few such top-notch custom converstions - even restamping the top tang correctly, IIRC.

Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have done them myself. Quite simple as a matter of fact. My next one will be done using original 1886 parts, including the bolt. MGW has what you will need. Browning 1886 parts. The Browning trigger and sear are one piece, unlike the funky Winchester's multiple pieces.

P70150-Hammer M-1886 & M-1886 Carbine
P07090G-Trigger " " " " "
P70298-Trigger Spring as above
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
JFE
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JFE »

Pete44ru - if I lived in the US I probably would. I've seen some of his work on this forum and it looks top notch.

Mike D. - Thanks for the info.