need a peep sight for 9422

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

need a peep sight for 9422

Post by dbateman »

I need a peep sight for my 9422 it dosent have
any holes drilled in the side of the receiver for one
is that normal for a 22 if so were could i get a sight for it
whats on yours?
any help greatly appreciated
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I have a williams on mine. It is made to slip onto the grooves on the receiver for the scope. Works great, just a little higher. I don't remember if I changed the height of the fronbt sight. I replaced it with a marbles sourdough, but I can't recall if it is different height. I'm on the road now and can't give you the mod #.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

+1 for the Williams - this one slides on the 22 grooves - it is made for 22's
I did have to put a higher front sight on - although right now I do not know what size. I want to say something like .450". I have been very pleased with it.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Peep Sight

Post by HEAD0001 »

It looks like this. And it is deadly on squirrel's. All you need to do is add the twilight peep. Tom.

OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Plus another for the Williams FP GR - here's another view -

It's a little crooked - I've corrected that. It did require a taller front sight (.5") -

It's worth it. This is on my BL 22 but I imagine it would be pretty much the same on a 9422.

:D
Last edited by OJ on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The FP-GR is a good sight as far as it goes. But it's one of those "one size fits all" things. As you can see in OJ's picture the sight is much wider than the receiver, and stands way off on the left side.

This is just a personal thing but I do not like it. I purchased a Williams FP-GR for my 9422 and tried it. UGLY was the only term I can think of that's fit to print here.
I've since disposed of that sight and purchased a Williams FP 94/36. That sight requires holes to be drilled and tapped, but when installed it will be neat and compact and not protrude excessively like the FP-GR does.

Again, this is my personal opinion.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

If I were to "peep" one, I would install a Williams WGRS made for a radius-receivered rifle - like the BAR - and have the two holes D/T'd in the top of the receiver.

Any peep's gonna need a higher front sight blade, and the WGRS won't hang off either side.
Last edited by Pete44ru on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

I guess good or bad looks is in the eye of the viewer but, for me, the precision of click adjustments is more important than the sight extending a few millimeters over each side of the receiver - The FP sights have it and the WGRS doesn't.

and the 94/36 on the 94 -

Different opinions are good though - if we all liked the same thing, we'd be all driving something like Yugos and the lack of competition would price them out of range for most of us. :wink:

:D
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

I really like this NECG peep sight and have thought about getting one for my 9422M, kinda pricey though :?

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ ... ER%20SIGHT
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

thanks guys thats a great help :)
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

Skinner sights at www.skinnersights.com

He makes one that replaces the barrel mounted open sight, no screws required.
Molon Labe
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

salvo wrote:I really like this NECG peep sight and have thought about getting one for my 9422M, kinda pricey though :?

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ ... ER%20SIGHT
Scott,

I wasn't aware of that sight. It does look interesting. And when you consider the prices gunsmiths are asking for drilling and tapping it's not as pricy as it seams.

I'm wondering how high above the top of the receiver the center of the aperture is. If it's no higher than the FP 94/36 at it's lowest point I could be interested.
Plus it's made from steel. That's always a positive.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Joe, I first learned of it over at Rimfire central, most said .375 front sight was required.
I figured I would set the NECG sight almost as low as it will go and get a Skinner front sight and file it down to adjust it for elevation to keep everything as low as possible.

Here is the link from RC
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... light=NECG
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

NECG

Post by HEAD0001 »

The NECG sight is a dandy. I have had three of them. They make one that fits right on the Ruger, with the Ruger style clamp. The problem with the NECG is that they are even higher than the Williams. They are however top quality. I will admit that I have not tried the one for the 22 grooved mount, it might be lower??? Tom.
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

I found a sight from a Browning T-Bolt that I put on mine. That NECG looks great.
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

DerekR wrote:I found a sight from a Browning T-Bolt that I put on mine. That NECG looks great.
I been looking for one of those for a long time. Missed a couple on eBay, and haven't seen any since. Those are a really nice little compact sight.

Joe
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

salvo wrote:Joe, I first learned of it over at Rimfire central, most said .375 front sight was required.
I figured I would set the NECG sight almost as low as it will go and get a Skinner front sight and file it down to adjust it for elevation to keep everything as low as possible.

Here is the link from RC
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... light=NECG
Now that sounds like a very workable plan.

Joe
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Pete44ru wrote:If I were to "peep" one, I would install a Williams WGRS made for a radius-rceivered rie - like the BAR - and have the two holes D/T'd in the top of the receiver.

Any peep's gonna need a higher front sight blade, and the WGRS won't hang off either side.

Williams also offers a WGRS made for .22 dovetails, it's very compact, easy to install, no drilling, but I did have to add a taller front sight to my 94/22mag. And it looks really good on the gun.
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

great response guys its nice to be able to ask questions and
get knowledgeable answers
Dave