Lee "Leeloader" die

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Newtmaker
Levergunner 2.0

Lee "Leeloader" die

Post by Newtmaker »

Was working up some 30-30 brass the other day and had a problem with my Lee sizing die not getting the neck tight enough. Had the same problem with my 6.5 x 55 dies as well. Not wanting to take the time to remove the decamping pin and work on the sizing ball, I just turned to my LeeLoader for 30-30. I had forgotten how simple and slick they were for working just a few rounds. I think I was able to load 20 rounds in almost the same time as the first 20 I had done with the press. Brought back some memories 40+ years ago when I did all my reloading for my two Remington 700's with the Lee Loader.

Walt

PS.. Anyone have a quick solution for trimming 30-30 cases 0.1" shorter. Using the Hornady 160 FTX bullets the cases need to be trimmed shorter. My Lee Trimmer (handheld) will only trim to minimum length, still too long for the new bullets.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Lee "Leeloader" die

Post by AJMD429 »

Those little 'mallet' kits are awesome for loading a dozen or so rounds - faster than a press unless you have it already set up in advance.

You could drill out a 1/8" deep hole in the center part of the locking stud or whatever it's called, and either order a replacement (super cheap anyway) or JB-Weld the hole later for normal use. ACTUALLY, if you know the thread pitch, perhaps you could drill out the end of a similar-sized/threaded bolt. I don't think a 1/8" thick washer would leave enough threads engaged, but perhaps using one of them could also be used.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

I find it a lot more satisfying using one of those kits than my 550B.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

They neck size only, but thats all ya need if you are loading for the same gun you shot the cases in. :wink:
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30