Date a Ruger

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Date a Ruger

Post by pwl44m »

Trying to find out when a Ruger was made. 357 Revolver,Blue Book doesn't have Rugers. Ser. # 34-56178. It is My Bil's gun and He wants to try to register it. I know "is He crazy" but He wants to use it for HD and doesn't feel comfy with it not being registered if He had to use it.
Someone at a Gun store told him it can't be transfered because it is not on the list. I bought one just like it less than a year ago so I don't know whats up. So for now just want to know when it was made. Thx in advance.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
edwardyoung
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Date a Ruger

Post by edwardyoung »

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Thanks Ed, I don't know what difference it will make but it sounds rediculous to Me.
Perry
edwardyoung
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edwardyoung »

You're welcome
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Perry, if he came into possession of it before Jan 1 of 1991 there shouldn't be a problem,I know this isn't your gun and I may be wrong but before that date no paperwork was required for private transfer.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

That's just it, He bought it about a year ago then the Guy moved to Ok. He is back here now but doesn't have a Ca drivers license and doesn't plan on getting one. It could get sticky and open up a can of worms dealing with an out of stater.
Perry
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

Your brother in law should buy another gun then. Easy excuse, right?
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

junkbug wrote:Your brother in law should buy another gun then. Easy excuse, right?
Yea but He aint a GUN NUT like Myself, I buy EM just cause I can (when She aint lookin) He thinks 1 is all He needs. Silly People
Perry