WELL IT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT SO IT'S MY DADS BDAY

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

WELL IT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT SO IT'S MY DADS BDAY

Post by fordwannabe »

APRIL 4TH Happy birthday DAD. He would have been 69 this year, but he passed in 2001. Today is a tough day but at the same time my family(4 brothers and sisters and Mom) usually get together for a good meal and some good "Dad stories" to celebrate his life. Yall didn't know him but I had to share this day with my internet family. Thanks for listening(reading???) Tom Jr
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: WELL IT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT SO IT'S MY DADS BDAY

Post by C. Cash »

Happy Birthday to your Dad, and sorry for your loss Tom. Maybe burn some powder in his honor today.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Happy Birthday....and prayers up for all concerned.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm sorry for your loss but it is good that you all have great memories of your Dad, he must have been a good man.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I know what you mean. I lost my Dad in 2000 and think of him everyday. My Mom finally move into a retirement home (she is 91) and I'm in the process of selling their home. Cleaning up and sorting through all kinds of stuff Dad stored in the garage and shop brings back lots of memorys. Keep up the tradition of celebrating his birthday, a great tribute to a great man.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

These times is what faith is all about, prayers up for peace.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

C. Cash wrote:Happy Birthday to your Dad, and sorry for your loss Tom. Maybe burn some powder in his honor today.

+1 :wink:
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

C. Cash wrote:Happy Birthday to your Dad, and sorry for your loss Tom.
Yup, tough day for my bride too, as she lost her then-very-young dad (he was only 42...) back in 1978.

So here's to your Dad and all the Dads that have passed on; it is nice that we still have the memories to hang on to -- although it'd be better to have them here making new ones...

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

C. Cash wrote:Happy Birthday to your Dad, and sorry for your loss Tom. Maybe burn some powder in his honor today.
Sorry to hear about your Dad. Burning some powder sounds very fitting. Cool that your family gets together and celebrates his life.
Old Law Dawg
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Well it was a good night lots of laughing and family fun. Most of the people there have come into our lives after he passed. My second wife and step son, a sister in law, and a couple brother in Laws, and all the nieces and nephews are 11 or under, but he is remembered. Thanks for all the replies, he was a good man, hospital administrator, elder in the presbyterian church, father of 3 boys(now men), adopted 2 daughters and foster Dad to 60 plus other kids. The number one thing about him I remember is hugging him, it was just when I knew the world would be alright. My grandfather was a stoic man and alcholic who NEVER showed emotion and my Dad told me when he was a young man, my grandfather never hugged him or told him he was proud of him. My Dad vowed to break that cycle and everyday as a boy the last thing before bed I got a big old bear hug and told, he was proud of me. You know that goes a long way to making a kid know where he comes from. A good man, not perfect, he was the worlds worst outdoorsman, the one day we were deer hunting and I walked up to his stand and this Godawful smell came to me and theres Dad in his tree with a smile on his face. He was so proud of himself, because he knew he wasn't supposed to poop near his tree, so he walked away from it.....20 or 30 feet. :lol: :lol: Sorry for the long winded post, he was my Dad, and he was my friend, gotta go screens getting fuzzy and the keyboard is wet.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Praying for u
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot