Anyone use Eezox to prevent corrosion on their firearms?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Anyone use Eezox to prevent corrosion on their firearms?

Post by geobru »

I ran across this article a while back. This guy tested different metal protection products for their corrosion resistance by treating nails with each product and then spraying them with a salt solution. Pretty interesting results IMHO.

Eezox came out on top in this test, followed by Breakfree CLP. This test put the metal through a lot more than a gun would go through in a safe. (I don't think any of us would periodically spray our guns with a salt solution! :shock: )

It sure got me to thinking about what I want to use on my guns!

http://www.thegunzone.com/rust.html
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Anyone use Eezox to prevent corrosion on their firearms?

Post by Sixgun »

Eezox is one of my most used oils. I buy the big spray cans. No, I don't test for corrosion resistance as all of the better names are pretty good with that.

My good friend Jeff Croze of Smith & Wesson turned me on to Eezox a few years back and pointed out the advantages of it. This stuff actually penetrates the pores of the steel better than anything else. Thats probably why its great in the corrosion department. It has a somewhat drying effect and does not slop up the gun like regular oil does. When working on guns, there is much less of a slippery feeling and you don't have little parts sliding between your fingers and falling on the flow. (ebonics) :D

I especially like it for the moving parts in black guns and other semi autos.--------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Sixgun wrote: It has a somewhat drying effect and does not slop up the gun like regular oil does. When working on guns, there is much less of a slippery feeling and you don't have little parts sliding between your fingers and falling on the flow. (ebonics) :D
Sixgun

That is the part that is intriguing to me. If it protects without the oily film that is a magnet for lint, dust and any other cootie that comes along, tha tsounds like a good product to me.
longarm4146
Levergunner 2.0

Post by longarm4146 »

best stuff I've ever used.
SASS 4146
BOLD 199
preventec47
Levergunner 2.0

Post by preventec47 »

I saw the same comparison test and bought some and it could
be pretty good but i still squirt 140 weight gear oil into the
chamber and let it drip out the muzzle onto a towel for a
really thick coating when I put cleaned guns into the glass guncase or lay em sideways after draining for a while in
the plastic guncases under my sofas. I have used the EEzox
on other parts of the gun.
or lay sideways in