Levergun combos - eye candy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Levergun combos - eye candy

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, it looks like many of us have taken Victor's (mod71alaska's) challenge to fight the winter blues and begun posting pictures. I really like Mike's posts on combos, so thought I would take a few - just of one set - this afternoon.

This is my Marlin 1894 in .44 Magnum - the first centerfire firearm I ever purchased on my own (back in 1985 at - 21 years old); I was destined to become a levergunner! :D This one was made in 1979 - no darn safeties!

The Ruger Super Blackhawk belonged to my Dad, and is an old model. The picture makes it look a bit worn, but it is not.

The Western bowie just seemed like a natural fit with the other two.

What do you think? :D
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Is that black pearl on your blackhawk?

There is an 1894 just like that(not as nice mind you) down at my local candy-store and your pics don't help my temptations any. :? :x
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Nice combo and thanks for posting.What is the make of the Bowie?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

That's very nice. I gave my 1894 to my son, and my superblackhawk to my daughter. We've taken lots of deer between us with those 2 guns. Can't go wrong with them.

I like potential for good shooting times to come.

Grizz
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Andrew wrote:Is that black pearl on your blackhawk?

There is an 1894 just like that(not as nice mind you) down at my local candy-store and your pics don't help my temptations any. :? :x
They are a polymer resin grip made by J. Scott. I've had them on the gun at least 25 years, and really like them.

Well, this place doesn't do any of us any good in controlling our mutual addiction! :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Jaguarundi wrote:Nice combo and thanks for posting.What is the make of the Bowie?
"Western USA". The knife is also about 25 years old. I had the false edge sharpened right after I got it. I has seen a lot of honest wear, but is still in great shape. I just love bowie knives!!! :D
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice combo Jay. I had a super blackhawk in .44mag which your picture remined me of. It was my second gun I ever bought. The first was a bot action 20 gauge from Montgomery Wards. The third was a .45 Colt seires 70. The fourth was a Contender in 7mm TCU, 44 mag, and .22. Wow have the years passed. Could have just kept those and saved me 10's of thousands of dollars. Love your combo. I have looked at the case bowies for years but have managed not to give into the urge. VEry nice thanks for the post
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Very Nice - I have a pair of those grips for a regular Ruger.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

Pretty neat pictures! I have that same exact knife, my Dad bought it for me about 30 years ago for a birthday present. Still have it.

Jeff
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Levergun combos - eye candy

Post by gary rice »

those grips on your super blackhawk are beautiful.
Ysabel Kid wrote:Well, it looks like many of us have taken Victor's (mod71alaska's) challenge to fight the winter blues and begun posting pictures. I really like Mike's posts on combos, so thought I would take a few - just of one set - this afternoon.

This is my Marlin 1894 in .44 Magnum - the first centerfire firearm I ever purchased on my own (back in 1985 at - 21 years old); I was destined to become a levergunner! :D This one was made in 1979 - no darn safeties!

The Ruger Super Blackhawk belonged to my Dad, and is an old model. The picture makes it look a bit worn, but it is not.

The Western bowie just seemed like a natural fit with the other two.

What do you think? :D
g rice
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Here's my 45 Colt combo; Marlin 1894 Cowboy and Colt SAA. I made the knives.

Old Law Dawg
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by stormspotter »

Browning B92 in 357 and Ruger 50th Anniversary 357.

Interarms M92 16" 357 and another Ruger 50th Anniversary 357.

Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

These are a couple of combos that I like.

Colt SAA & Cimarron 1892 357
Colt SAA & Winchester 53 32-20
"That'll Be The Day"
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

This is my best combo, 92 32-20, Colt SAA.45,and Puma Bowie.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

kimwcook wrote:Here's my 45 Colt combo; Marlin 1894 Cowboy and Colt SAA. I made the knives.

Kim - Great combo. I love the bowie you made! I just saw it in my post on levergun-knife combos. That is just spectacular!!! 8) :D 8)
Gryphon Black
Levergunner 2.0

His and hers, Marlins and Rugers, fun and games

Post by Gryphon Black »

Our neocowboy lever/wheelgun collection. My CBLtd on top, then my Ruger SuperRedhawk .454. My wife's Blackhawk, "Black Pearl," has been customized for her arthritic hands. The silver disks on the grips are polished silver dimes with her initial carved in. I had the guy who did the silver work thin down the grip scales to fit her grip size so it's custom sized to her hand. The action has been reworked to potato-chip-cracking response. The auxiliary 9 mm cylinder is shown next to the L9 load I created for her based on the .38 case with cast solder-tin bullets. She can shoot it comfortably for a long time. She prefers to do everything with the 38/357 round platform. Her Marlin .357 is also due for an action-smoothing job. I've been playing with loads for it and so far it only wants to eat the full length 357 cases, so we'll see what the gun doctor can do for that. I got her these two as a birthday gift, and in the process found the two for me, but she got hers first.
When we get better close-ups of the Blackhawk, we'll get 'em up.

(The picture isn't really from 2006, it's new. Our camera has its own sense of history.)

Gryphon Black
bang.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I love the posted pics of all the combos. The knives are great too. Victor had a great idea!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JoeArizona
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JoeArizona »

stormspotter wrote:Browning B92 in 357 and Ruger 50th Anniversary 357.

Interarms M92 16" 357 and another Ruger 50th Anniversary 357.

Storm...love the handles on those 50th Anniversary Rugers.
I have been looking at those 50th Rugers, and almost bought one at a gun show a few weeks ago. How does it fit your hand? The one I checked out didn't exactly fit me, but I really like the look of 'em. Wouldn't mind having one to go with my Winchester 94 Trapper in .357...
Joe

---

Peter's Laws - Rule #7, "If you can't beat them, join them, then beat them."
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Nice gang of shootin' irons. Andrew you might want to run down to that store and grab that pre saftey 94 .44 mag. 1886.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

you guys and yer fancy cameras and high dollar lightin' just amaze me. I just pulled the shootin' irons outta the truck, the rifle outta the safe and hung the holster over the horn and leaned the rifle against the whole mess.

But, I did notice that I'm gonna have to get after the missus about her dustin'! :shock:

In case yall're interested, those are a mismatched pair of Colt pattern 1851 revolvers, with a Blackjack #7B knife betwixt 'em, and a Uberti 1873 Sporting Rifle in .45 Colt leaned up against the saddle. It happens to be by Bridger Creek Outfitters from Alder, MT. Very comfortable for them all day gathers or....?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

.357 Magnum pair: Rossi Octagonal with a B-Square no-gunsmithing mount and a Barska 3-9 Illuminated Reticle and a Taurus "62" Tang Sight, paired up with a Ruger Blackhawk.

Apologies to both the anti-scope crowd, and the nothing-but-Leupold crowd, but I like to see in twilight, and if I had gotten a Leupold, I couldn't have afforded all 4 of the guns! Besides, the little Barska has done just fine after a couple thousand rounds, and it is light enough to not torque the mount too much, and at 9x, enables me to get 1-1/2" 5-shot groups I'd NEVER be able to get without a scope.

.44 Magnum pair: Marlin 1894 (the one I 'had to buy' since I forfeited mine to my son when he killed his first deer with it :( 8) ), and Ruger Redhawk.

Someday I may complete my .454 Casull 'pair'...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
edeschep
Levergunner

Post by edeschep »

AJMD429,

Where did you get the B-square mount for the Puma? I really like your set-up. I have trouble seeing also. By the way I live in Fishers, IN.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Griff wrote:you guys and yer fancy cameras and high dollar lightin' just amaze me. I just pulled the shootin' irons outta the truck, the rifle outta the safe and hung the holster over the horn and leaned the rifle against the whole mess.

But, I did notice that I'm gonna have to get after the missus about her dustin'! :shock:

In case yall're interested, those are a mismatched pair of Colt pattern 1851 revolvers, with a Blackjack #7B knife betwixt 'em, and a Uberti 1873 Sporting Rifle in .45 Colt leaned up against the saddle. It happens to be by Bridger Creek Outfitters from Alder, MT. Very comfortable for them all day gathers or....?
NICE RIG YA GOT THERE...
HEY GRIFF, THE SASS CLUB HERE IN FLORIDA IS
HAVING A MOUNTED SHOOTING EVENT THIS WEEKEND...
IF I GET THE CHANCE , I'LL POST SOME PICS
OF SOME FLORIDA COWBOYS..
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

edeschep wrote:AJMD429,

Where did you get the B-square mount for the Puma? I really like your set-up. I have trouble seeing also. By the way I live in Fishers, IN.
MidwayUSA.com I think. They work pretty well so far. I'd stick with a light and short scope though. I haven't tested for zero after removal and remounting, but it isn't really designed for that anyway, since you can use the irons or tang with the mount and scope there anyway.

I'm from down near Martinsville.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I grew up between Carmel and Indianapolis in Hamilton county. Used to pass through Martinsville weekly on my way to and from IU. Remember Fishers when there was nothing there - understand it is a big place now! :D