remington

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

remington

Post by Mescalero »

Picked up a clip today for the remington 511, another resurection project.
1894c

Re: remington

Post by 1894c »

can't wait...enjoy your posts... :)
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Mescalero wrote:Picked up a clip today for the remington 511, another resurection project.
Ah, a man of few words. Leaves it to the imagination. Titilation and all that. :mrgreen:

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Heck, then I'll fill in w/mine.

I just resurected a 20ga SxS last weekend - here's the pics, after I finished.

I found it in a corner of a local funshop Sat - when I asked about it, the FFL looked at it with disgust on his face, saying: "The bores are rough, it's all rusty, and the stock's no good - if you want it for parts, $100".

I have to admit, I tore my pants :oops: , getting at my wallet after I gave it a looking-over.

24hrs later, the original 26" bores shine like mirrors, likewise the bbl bluing. Some Howard's feed 'n Wax saw to the stocks - which have unblemished checkering, BTW, including a checkered HR buttplate.

The bottom line is: what was thought to be a loser, was a virtually unused shotgun, poorly stored - where whatever could/did get thrown in against it, leaving "handling marks" on the stock wood & tons of grunge

Image Image

It's a 1935 N.R.Davis & Sons, "Davis-Warner Expert Hammerless Boxlock", assembled from the warehouse of parts that year, that Stevens Arms & Tool earlier bought when Crescent-Davis failed, in 1930.

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

You dog!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
congats, want to sell it?
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Mesci, here's hoping you get your project up and running.

Pete, nice shotgun. I seriously need to get after putting furniture on my LC smith and Stevens 511.
Old Law Dawg
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Kim,
the clip completes the gun, a police rescue; from when Phoenix still did that.
:P Pete44ru, I have two Stevens12 guage sxs to finish, from when Phx. still sold them at auction.
Sadly that does not happen anymore, it's ashame