SR9c

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

SR9c

Post by BAGTIC »

Anyone have experience with the Ruger SR9c? What do you think?
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: SR9c

Post by shooter »

I've handled the SR9C and my brother has a full size SR9. Well built and reliable from what I can tell. I don't like the trigger too much, but I'd buy one if I had the disposable income. The SR9c has a much shorter grip, but comes with 1 full size magazine with a grip extension on it to make the grip the same as the full size model. It also comes with a shorter magazine, which shortens the grip and makes the gun a little better for concealment. For the money, pretty good guns, IMO.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

My SR9c has been very reliable; I got the 'trigger-guard' laser to put on it.

Many folks 'fix' the magazine-disconnect, which is easy to do - see instructions on the Ruger forum.

The extended 17 round magazine has a 'sleeve' which slips on the bottom part of it to make the grips like the full-size SR9. I used a bit of double-sided tape to keep it in place.

All in all one of the best compact 9mms out there.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I own one and I have been very impressed, it digests any ammo I have loaded in it without any problems. I bought a kydex holster from COM Center Of Mass in Idaho nice guy to deal with.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

I do not own but have contemplated for awhile--in its new(ish) .40c configuration. It's currently in a tie with the similar S&W M&P40c--about $100 difference. Anyway, have generally heard very good things about the SR9/40. Like anything, IIRC when new went through some teething issues early on: according to some, oversensitivity or persnicketyness--beyond "normal" IMO--to having to clean/how cleaned/specifically where and how much prior to use--lest you have some dysfunction with this piece or another backing out, etc *(something you don't hear about some others and especially Glocks, which I don't care so much for otherwise). Yes, you should disassemble, clean and especially lube any new firearm, but really they should be able to reliably run right out of the box (flame suit on).

Though admittedly not a striker design like the SR and its brethren, I've had a Daewoo .40 for 15 years and it just flat out runs with minimal maintenance/just never ever seems an issue about "will this fire/eject?"--but is a bit chunky of grip for my smallish paws, irksome especially given its relatively modest (10/11) capacity. The SR (and M&P) trumps that in those regards, and appears slimmer than some of its blocky competition. However, regarding any of those teething issues I assume in its Junior (9) or Sophomore (.40) year any glitches have been ironed out. It's an attractive piece, esp to me in all blue (black)
(* I will grant the above "issues" could be just a matter of typical internet warriors gone amok on a then-new item. (Do a search on the Ruger Forum) It's always mostly the minority naysayers that show up to make comments at the city council meeting :) )
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

I really like mine. I have about 200 rounds through it so far. Accurate, feeds everything I push through it, and a lot of fun to shoot. I like the trigger and sights. I'm planning to use it as my carry piece.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I'm down to the SR9 or the M&P for a concealed carry plinking gun. They both fit my hand well. The m&P has a better trigger if you plan on plinking with it, which is what most people endup doing .
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

I like my SR9c real well. I ordered an extra 17 round magazine and sleeve from Ruger for it, which should arrive tomorrow. I have shot over 500 rounds so far without cleaning it, with various types of ammo and have not had a single hiccup yet. Since I am left handed I really like the ambidex. safety and magazine release buttons for it. It shoots, feels and handles real well for me.