Brrrrrrrr!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Brrrrrrrr!

Post by GoatGuy »

A little chilly here today in north Arkansas. 12 degrees when I woke. Makes the morning feeding for our outdoor critters really fun for an arthritic old duffer like me, ... NOT! Thank goodness for heated waterers. How's it your way JerryB, bobthemotorcycle and lastmohican? Expected high for the day is 29 and the low for tonite a balmy 10 above. Come on Spring.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Brrrrrrrr!

Post by Pitchy »

-10 here this morn, stay warm. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

-1 here, wife and I flipping now to see who has to go out to barn and get wood for the day.
old06
Levergunner 1.0

Post by old06 »

Balmy 33 in north west Louisiana. Just got in from trying to call up a coyote no luck thought one of them would like to come into a free meal..
Psalm 16:1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

58 and sunny in central Florida.....perfect!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

+30 and very nice and sunny :D
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

17 here,

Thank You Lake Michigan for keeping me warm (my woodstove, too) :D

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

It was 40 degrees here in Mozambique ... Celsius .. that translates to about 102 (f). I would rather think of in in Celsius as it makes me think I am cooler .... :lol:

Add in the 80 to 85% humidity and it starts to feel hot ....

Just another day in paradise ... :D

Sunrise on the Indian Ocean:

Mending his nets:

And I get to hang out with all the pretty girls!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

It's been fairly warm here this winter. It was 40F here this morning and sprinkling rain. You'd think being in the Pacific Northwest it'd be freezing. Should be.

Good to see you posting, Jim.
Old Law Dawg
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A few showers and might get to 55 today.....That might call for a long overdue Harley ride.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Well it's cloudy here today, yesterday it was sunny and warm, about 70 deg, and I was working outside in my T shirt, gettin the garden ready.

Heck, I had to mow the 3 acres the other day, getting overgrown!

Some of the laws here in Ca really suck, but MOST of it is tolerable when the living is like this. Don't have pics like Mozambique, but still pretty.

Tim
Those pics are fabulous. The fisherman looks content, and the little girls are beautiful.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

60s and 70s here in N. CA. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Mike D. wrote:60s and 70s here in N. CA. :)
Ditto
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Pushing 80 here in socal. Rode my Harley till midnight 8)
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

It's been pretty warm here all winter. Nice weather, really. I have hardly worn a jacket at all so far. We had a cold front come in yesterday and the lows are gonna be in the 20's with highs in the 40's with some possible snow. Seems like the weather patterns have shifted here over the last few years. Usually January is our coldest month, but it seems that February has been brutally cold with record snowfalls the last couple of years and January has been quite pleasant.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

NW Nevada:

6:00am: 40 Deg. F
10:05am: 50 Deg. F.

Scattered clouds, thing. of sprinkles. (Nah)

Perfect.

Glad you are fairing well Jim!

LB
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Southwest Ohio, we're actually having (steady yourselves!) a bit of winter. Couple inches of snow last night and early this morning, wind gusting from NNW and thermometer hasn't come within spitting distance of freezing all day. Even when the sun was out. Think the digital display has 24 painted on it, that's where it's been all day.

Haven't bothered doing much of anything, gonna have red beans and rice for dinner, it's just about ready.
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

-11 F on thursday morning. Now it is nearlý warm: 16 F.

Pete
Winchester model 88 .308 WCF
Winchester model 71 .348 WCF
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Well there is a good side to our cold spell, I hope. Doubt this few days of fridgid weather will really make up for the warmer than usual winter we've had, but it would be great if it would hang around long enough to slay a goodly percent of the ticks which seem to be hanging in pretty strong. Durn dogs won't stay out of the woods and without long cold spells and harsher weather the mutts seem to come home pretty regular covered with the little buggers. Unusual for this this time of the year.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

delete accidental double post
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Thursday evening I had to run from Tulsa up to Wichita... it snowed (light), and was in the low 30's. OK was icy and treacherous, 4 accidents in a 20 mile stretch. Crossed into KS and viola(!), no more treacherous roads. No accidents for the 40+ miles into Wichita and I passed 5 plows working the roads. By Wichita the roads were cleared and good. Yesterday dawned bright and sunny. North wind, and with my 930 lbs of freight, I was mightily happy to see that OK had gotten the word and cleared their roads as I came back down south. Today, here in N. TX, it's about 40ºF, but quite a nip on the north wind! Supposed to be 50º tomorrow... which is good as I've got to fix a broken facia board on the roof... got 2 of 3 racoons that've taken up residence in the attic... Hopefully #3 will be gone by tomorrow!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Goatguy, had about 20 degrees here this morning, water in my hen house was frozen. A couple of days ago my grandson picked a tick off his pants, he had been cutting briars out of the old goat pens. Supposed to be down close to zero tonite just glad we didn't get the snow. did you get any up your way?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I thought this thread was about winter conditions not a bad weather weekend in May! :lol:

Global warming in Canada, "what's taking so long!"
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

it was 5 degrees with a 20mph north wind here this morning and sunny. Beautiful afternoon the sky is sunny winds down to about 10mph and 25 degrees out.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

it's even cold in s. Texas. Made a pot of chili tonight.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

We just took a big Smithfield ham out of the oven. Wife and grandson made a couple of loaves of bread and a pan of sweet taters with lots of butter and brown sugar. I reckon we'll sleep good through the cold nite.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Um, um JerryB. If it wasn't so far from here to Batesville, and if I knew right where you folks lived (and of course had an invitation), believe I'd just drop on by and share some of those fine dishes you folks will be serving up. Sounds wonderful. I suppose we'll have some fresh cornbread and leftover 12 bean soup, made with beans, smoked ham, tomatoes and green chile, garlic and onion that I concocted last evening. Later after supper huddled up by the woodstove, watching a good netflix movie with some popcorn and hot chocolate will top off our pretty fair day.
Canuck Bob wrote:I thought this thread was about winter conditions not a bad weather weekend in May! :lol:
Now that's funny!! Good 'un, Canuck Bob.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

bulldog1935 wrote: Made a pot of chili tonight.

Now that's the ticket!!!! :mrgreen:

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Oddly enough we have all your warm southern air. We are commissioning a new piece of equipment and the temps on the lease are around 35 F during the day. Normal would be close to 0 F this time of year. It has been this way for a couple of weeks. We did have our -30F for a week in early January though.
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

77 F here in Phoenix at 8:21 pm.

Dave B
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Cold here too. All my joints are killing both me and Mrs. YK!
MikeNV
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MikeNV »

-8 degrees this morning here on the Hi-Line in Montana
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

wow, turned colder than they predicted on us.
26 last night, and 32 and sleeting right now.
We were going to go to the range today, but no more.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Bob it must have warmed up some, or your south of Cowtown! It was -16 C or 0 F with twenty knot wind on the drive in to the Calgary airport at 4:30am Saterday! Glad to hear it was warm out on your lease.

I hoped off a flight in Atlanta Saterday afternoon and thought I had landed back in Calgary!!!!! Brrrrrrrrr
Sam
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I must admit to a hard work week and was inside resting all day Saturday. It is cooler out today as well. We have a saying, don't like Calgary's weather wait ten minutes. We do get a big stretch when the sky is clear and the air dry between day and night conditions. The nightime lows have been around -10 to -15C give or take a bit. Without this cold air at night the oil patch would shut down. It has been warm enough to have spring road bans in some counties due to soft roads. When they ban the bush roads we are parked.

The interesting part is that Calgary and southern Alberta near the Rockies get Chinook winds that warm us up compared to the rest of the province. This year the whole province is enjoying milder weather. It appears it is a stalled H pressure front over the northern central states with some help from the jetstream. It swirls the Canadian Cold Front to the south and funnels that nice Dixie air to the north. We sure appreciate it you'all.

May I ask what brought you through Calgary?

Now Dave, 77 degrees in Arizona after sundown, thats just bragging buddy!
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Calgary is home Bob, just down hear in the South visiting my inlaws. I have one little brother up in Peace River and one down near Lethbridge both working on Rigs. Clear cold nights up north and bright beautiful days little bro said on the phone 15 minutes ago. From an economic perspective glad the patch is having a good season it helps the hometown airline which is my employer.
Sam
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Wow, my family homestaeaded is in High Prairie country in the dirty 30's. It is still in the family. My Uncle's last posting with the Forest Service was Peace River. I lived there too. I would still but no way my wife would go north. A hunter's paradise still.

I also worked my first sales territory in Lethbridge. Yes, I had the wandering gene until I met Barb.

You jogged my memory about our earlier PMs, still wrestling with chemo brain, that would be funny if it wasn't a real problem. It should be time for a Tim's and a plan for some shooting. I'm trying to get membership at a range to do some serious shooting in the spring.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Sounds great Bob. Will send you a pm.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Just escaped to Barbados for two weeks, it is 28 degrees Celcius here, lovely!!!!
Left Toronto at -10 degrees Celcius in a snowstorm, enjoying rum punch right now :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................