gun show in va.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

gun show in va.

Post by rossim92 »

http://www.thenationsgunshow.com 2000 tables gun show coming up .
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
stickfred
Levergunner 1.0

Re: gun show in va.

Post by stickfred »

I went last summer while visiting an old friend in Warrenton. Lotsa space, tables and shoppers. Have a good time if you go.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Went 4-5 years ago. Biggest & best gun show I've ever seen.

I guess because it was close to DC, there were all sorts of foreigners there. Sounded like the Tower of Bable.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I've been to that show a few times and it was typically a pretty good cross section of everything in firearms . Although I went mainly to see the high end collector stuff !

Now all I wanna do anymore is go to the Baltimore Show on saturday , spend the night and come back to Virginia on sunday !

Occasionally I like to go to "The Forks of Deleware Collectors Show" in Easton PA .

Wouldn't mind doing the Tulsa show once and possibly Reno or Vegas . But I doubt if I go to Chantilly anymore .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I've never been to that show, but several VA dealers I've talked to at other shows swear they raise prices at Chantilly. I guess with the higher per capita income of northern VA, you can charge more for the same items as you can in southern-western VA.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

I live 15 minutes from the Expo Center and try to go to the show as often as I can. They come around every three months (though the bigger ones are in Jan/Feb and July). I also find the prices, especially for the older Winchesters, to be high. Instead of $500 for run of the mill 94s, expect to pay $700+. Older 94s and 92s are often $2k+, with a number of them above $3k. The real collectibles can run $5k or more. I do a lot of drooling but not much buying.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Martini450
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Martini450 »

I live about four or five miles from the Chantilly Expo Centre, so I usually make it. Taylor & Company always has a booth right up front, so there are plenty of replica lever guns to look at. Prices definitely go up at this show, due no doubt to the fact that its Northern Virginia. My experience has been that any of the true bargain priced deals tend to be gone by the end of Friday; the show is only open on Friday from 3:00 to 7:00. I've missed out on three different guns ('76 Winchester, 1917 Artillery Luger, 70 calibre firing scale model Napolean cannon) over the years because I hemmed and hawed until Saturday morning.