1903 Springfield new stock pics.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

1903 Springfield new stock pics.

Post by win38-55 »

For Christmas I was given a 1903 Springfield that had been sporterized, sometime in it's life.
I am not a fan of sportierzing any military rifle. It had some really serious stock issues, such as cracks
and bad fitting of metal to wood. So I replaced it with a Boyds Classic 1903 stock. And an old red field 2x7 power
scope that a friend of mine donated. It came out really good IMHO for the first time doing any form of stock
replacement on any firearm, I must say that it was a real challenge to make it work.
I plan on taking it out this weekend to see how she shoots. :D :D :D Will post more pics after I shoot it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew: He is a real gun freak with way too many guns to shoot or clean.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Re: 1903 Springfield new stock pics.

Post by damienph »

I am a real fan of sporterized military rifles (1 03A3, 1 1903, 2 Lee Enfield No4Mk1s) and that Boyd's 1903 classic is a very good looking stock. I am looking forward to seeing pics of your rifle.

Ahh, you added them while I was writing. NICE!!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 1903 Springfield new stock pics.

Post by FWiedner »

My first home gunsmithing project (some 30 years ago) was to sporterize an 1903A3 that a guy at the local pawn shop was using to prop open his warehouse door.

When I was done it looked like H**L, but man did it shoot.

A few years later I gave that rifle to my brother because he said he didn't have a gun. My personal philosophy commands that every man should have a gun, so I gave him one of mine, right then, right there.

After few more years of thought on the subject I decided to fix that gun, but to this day my brother refuses to let it go because it can still punch a dime at 100yds.

Your rifle looks GREAT!

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.