There are still Gun Manufactures that aim to please

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

There are still Gun Manufactures that aim to please

Post by madman4570 »

Guys,
Just called Kel-Tec to order a rear peep sight assembly for my SU16-B that was missing when I got it.
Ended up having an in depth very enjoyable conversation with one of their tech guys about ALL my Kel-Tecs :shock: (the extra need to know stuff)Wow, felt like I was in school with all the knowledge they were giving me.
At the end he said so you need a rear sight assembly (give me your address)
He said great (I said "ready for my card info??) He said----------------why??? It's coming to ya FREE!
He said you enjoy your Kel-Tecs and from us thank you very much sir for choosing our Company!

I really like that Corp!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: There are still Gun Manufactures that aim to please

Post by Rube Burrows »

Always good to see people still care about customer service.
348WCF
Levergunner

Post by 348WCF »

I agree, very nice to here that goodcustomer service is not dead.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Good to know ---- A good friend was asking me about CCW guns and i suggested the Sig 238 first (my choice, and the only pocket pistol that i actually enjoy shooting due to the nice sights and baby 1911 profile)
when i said they were 480 plus tax , he about did a Fosbury Flop right there , so i encouraged him to check out the Kel Tec P3 instead . For around 300 bucks he'll get a pistol that should go bang every time and will look like a wallet if it is slipped into a pocket holster --- so small and light
--- long story short, he picked the Kel Tec up yesterday. i personally dont like the sights, but for the purposes of a close range defensive gun , they'll do ((heck the Seecamp doesn't even have sights)
----- Doug
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Glad to here about this. I've been toying with the idea of getting one of the Keltec's as a truck gun (SU16 or sub2K) for a coyote, truck and GP knock around gun (mainly due to their light weight) and it's good to here about their CS. I'd like to here more on your experience with them when it comes to durability and accuracy if ya get the time.

LK
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Kel Tec has had a sterling reputation for customer service from the get-go, and it is well-earned. The only real complaints I have ever heard about them stem from the fact that they are a small outfit and sometimes, like when the SHOT show is going on and they have a lot of folks in attendance, things might get slowed down for a few days.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Henry is fanatical about customer service. And, if you write an email to them you'll likely get a response from the President of Henry himself so you know that if he commits to something, no one's going to countermand that decision.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I've always had good luck with various gun related business'. I think the biggest part is attitude. Be polite, and folks generally try to help you out. Now if Kel Tec could just make a few more KSG's....
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I haven't had to contact KelTec or Henry, though I do own a firearm from each. Good to know that they have great service. Kahr has great customer service, too.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Madman,

All your posts about Kel-Tec are starting to get to me. I think I might actually go check some of their wares out for myself.

Kevin
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Both the .32 and pf-9 are excellent ccw's. Summer and winter.
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

I bought a 3AT used and after several rounds the hammer spring broke. I called Kel-Tec to buy a new one and they sent me one free by Pryority Mail. Great company!
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I sent an email to Charter Arms about a Bulldog that came from the factory with the barrel slightly twisted to the side. The president of the company called me about it. I was impressed the call wasn't from a secretary.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mac in Mo wrote:Madman,

All your posts about Kel-Tec are starting to get to me. I think I might actually go check some of their wares out for myself.

Kevin
Dude, All I ask is if you can grab a P32 or P3-AT just try it.(The first time probably about 12 years ago stopped at my buddies gun shop/brought some Chinese food for lunch)I looked at a green P32 under his glass topped counter.
Said what is that :shock: he said-----it's a 8 shot .32Auto(weighs like 6ozs)

I said let me see it(he handed it to me and wham-----instant Love! (I said "ok is it reliable and does it shoot)
He said yes they are not fancy but they throw down. I said can I take it up to the Sporstman's Club right now after lunch ????
If it is (I will take it today) Bottom line----I took it with a box of Remington FMJ ammo and a couple targets.
Pulled up to the Pistol Range(no one there)grabbed my T50 stapler (always in truck)put up a target.
Loaded 7rds in magazine plus one in chamber walked back to target then came back about 20ft spun back around and emptied the gun fast right at target center.Checked target and all 8 were inside a group about the size of a softball.
That was it.(sealed)Sold!
Shot the rest of the 50rds trying different scenarios to see if it would malfunction(it worked flawlessly)
Went back and bought it.(2 weeks later bought a P40)Never had a lick of trouble with that either.

But then the Sub2K(and in .40S&W) :D when I picked one up folded it and looked at it(had that same P32 feeling)though bought it and didn't even try it out first.
Then came this gift of a SU16-B I was given for Christmas.(the love feeling hit me again :oops: )
If you have never picked up a AR15/AK47 type gun that extended is under 3ft long(weighs 4.5lbs)folds to fit in a little bag less than 26" dude you need to(or that Sub2K fitting in a 16" laptop case you need to.

But don't do it if your not ready to buy cause it will bug you until you do! :lol:

You can have a P32 or P3-AT in pants pocket/a SU-16B strapped on back/and a 40S&W Sub2K in the hands(all three total weight minus bullet weight-------------Still in the 8 pound category all combined.(that's a .32 or .380 handgun/a .223 carbine/and finally a .40S&W carbine. all under 9lbs added together :wink:
:lol: :mrgreen: :oops: ---------Priceless
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I sent an e-mail to the C.E.O. of Ruger a couple weeks ago to comment about my favorable experiences with Ruger firearms and to say that I sure wished they could make a few more SP101 .22`s. (I have had one on order with my local dealer for several months now, He said he cant get SR1911`s either). :x

Well yesterday I found a nice package in the mail box from Ruger. A very nice Ball cap,several decals,a patch and a nice thank you note. :D

It`s nice to get that kind of response from a company. :wink:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Manufacturers of any kind should be doing the same things. Word of mouth can hurt a company or it can be the best advertising that there is. When I have a great experience with a company's service department, I don't hesitate to tell it to anyone I know. Slight drift here, but Leatherman tools gives the same level of great service.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Love my su16c... and regret it everytime I gifted it to a friend. I'm hoping their su16 in .300blk will be every bit as hot.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

So... the folks at Kel-Tec sent you something that you already paid for, for free, and they were polite in agreeing to do so.

If you're happy with that, then I'm happy that you're happy, Bud.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
retmech
Levergunner 2.0

Post by retmech »

Bought a P3at about a year ago and it failed after 23 rds. Keltec sent me a call tag for shipping on their dime and I sent it back. Got it back 2 weeks later and now over 1000 rds later it's still going strong. Other than the initial failure( trigger somehow failed to cock and release the hammer) it has not missed a beat. It has fed and extracted all of my reloads 100% and I carry it all the time. Great little carry piece!