My last ride

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

My last ride

Post by Pitchy »

Well boys and girls i said i`d ride on Christmas day and i did, unusual for here.
Click on the picture for the video. :)

This will be my last ride here also for a while, i voiced my opinion and hurt someones feelings and i don`t like that.
Its been fun and hope ya enjoyed my topics as i`ve enjoyed it here.
God Bless and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Ho ho ho. :)

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: My last ride

Post by Griff »

Well, for one, I'd say that looked chilly! And as far hurtin' someone's feelin's... we've all probably done that at one time or another, either intentionally, or not so. We can choose to ignore a slight, or get our nose bent... but, IMO, that's our choice, not necessarily the other person's.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

# 1 that is not a Honda and #2 Whose feelings did you hurt and when and how - I want to see the proof. Now I just brought a girl here and she likes your posts so ... the girl or the guy with the hurt feelings - I SAY THE GIRL !!!!!! :D :D :D

Whose with me.

Now I have to go look up what happened.

OK I found it and it apparently has been erased but I think Blaine reposted the offensive material about shooting Santa and the Reindeer. There is a Bible verse and maybe somebody can find it about the OKness of the people having their customs and Santa is one of them and so are the Reindeer etc. If that is all it would take to defeat the almighty God then I suppose you could bring down an airliner by turning on your cell phone. Wait just a minute here - why do we have to turn those things off??? Remember it's better to believe in Santa than believe the Democrats. And the Libertarians - cheez - they're off to see the wizard - the wonderful wizard of ...

So it's still the girl I say, I think she is cute and I know she can shoot.

Don't make me post a picture. :D
Last edited by Old Savage on Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

I just went and looked it up.Although not quite in good taste I see no reason to get underthings in a wad over.I would hate to see any member leave the forum over such.
There is nothing wrong with speaking your mind either.Better to voice some type of opinion rather than have none at all.None of us here should be thin skinned.We are too good of friends for that.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Pitchy 'ol Hoss, I for one really don't think that you have the right to deny your fellow forum friends the pleasure of sharing your ad, or maybe misadventures. Why would you want to leave this place of such high learned fellows? If you must sleep on it a day or so, ok, but not much longer than that. There I done said my piece and that's it.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
cactus jack
Levergunner

Post by cactus jack »

I got a good kick out of it. But then I was raised to be open minded not closed to my own views. I have enjoyed your post's, please dont stop now. But then when a few put their feeling's over everbody, I'll hang out else where too. :?:
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Pitchy,

I have really enjoyed your posts and projects.
They are a large part of what makes this forum what it is.
Please stay.

Jack
Old Ranger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Ranger »

Well, this is not right. Pitchy, if you were offended by anyone here, then shame on THEM! And I can't see how anyone could be offended by what you ever had to say. I, for one, do not wish to see you leave this forum. Your posts have been a real joy to read and the things that you create are unique to say the least! If you do log on again and read this, I would rather you stick around.....

Wade, The Old Ranger......
Aim low boys! They're riddin' shetlands!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Pitchy,

I seriously doubt that anything I say will keep you around, so I wont try completely!

However, I sure hope your break from us isnt long! A week oughto be sufficient! :lol: Hopefully during that time you will cook up some more lighthearted humor and antics to share with us upon your return. YOUR POST WILL BE MISSED, but not for long I hope!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Wait! Somebody who is a grown person got upset by a joke about shooting mythical figure? GROW UP! Pitchy ole pard, I've always thought of you as a kind and generous sort, but man alive, ya can't run off every time somebody gets upset over next to nothing.
Certified gun nut
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

What's THIS all about, we usually only see this over on 24 Hour Campfire or High Road. Pitchy, take a break for a day or so, cool your jets and come on back. Cant imagine anyone getting out of joint over anything you've said.
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

We do really need you here, my wife is always wondering what you will come up with next.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

Mr. Pitchy, I really wish you would reconsider your choice to leave. Like some of the others have said, if you need a break by all means do so. However the forum wouldnt be quite the same without ya. Didn't see the post that started this and probably wont. Just thought I'd speak my piece. If you do decide to leave, PLEASE, dont make it for very long.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

None of us here (except maybe me) are so perfect that 'offending' any of us should bother you any more than swatting at a mosquito. Get over it, because whoever you offended surely will do so, and we ALL have lots more things of lots more importance to attend to in our lives than worrying about who we offend.

I'm thinkin' it's just a ploy to keep us all in more SUSPENSE about what your next cool 'project' is, anyway, so I don't believe you for a minute. :wink:

Merry Christmas, anyway.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

dang-it :evil:

i hate when this stuff happens. :?
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Pitchy,

in the short time you've been posting, you have made more of a fun, positive impact on this board than anything i have ever seen :D

Take a break from the computer for a little bit -- do some shootin' and come back with a handful of range reports to freshen things up

I have shown the video of you rolling down the hill, 6 guns blazin', to a few non members and you are helping win people over to our fold whether ya know it or not :D :D
----- Doug
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Reckon they ought to hate me too, then.
So I said "I'm gonna get my shotgun and shoot Santa off the roof!" Her mouth gaped open in horror and she shuddered at the thought. I reveled in the moment.
A Christmas Story- sort of.

http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2010 ... -none.html
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I hate to see people leave the forum over silly squabbles. We are all grown men here, and should be able to resolve our differences as such. If there is a problem with a post, or if you think it's in poor taste, why not just ignore it or pm the person instead of bringing it into public light? Then the "offending" party has a chance to explain or to take down the post.

I love your posts, Pitchy, and think the forum will be much less without you as a part of it. Don't go running off because you got offended, or think you hurt someone else's feelings. Trust me, you will regret it and so will others on here. You may not know it, but you could be the highlight of someone's day on here with some of your posts. I know there are a few times when I've had a bad day and opened up a Pitchy post to see you hunkered down in your outside bathtub or some such with your longhandles on and a bunch of arrows stuck all around you and couldn't help but smile.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:cry:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Pitchy, we love your posts No one would take offense over your posts. No one that has a mature perspective at least. Would hate to see u go. If u feel u have slighted someone, apologize and let's all move on. I for one see no offense.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

rjohns94 wrote:Pitchy, we love your posts No one would take offense over your posts. No one that has a mature perspective at least. Would hate to see u go. If u feel u have slighted someone, apologize and let's all move on. I for one see no offense.
Pitchy, I got no idea whats gone wrong (I don't get to read everything on here) but is it really necassary to leave?
I find you a God fearing man, no God fearing man needs to fear another man or look down on another, we are all equal, despite what some think!

God bless you friend and I await your next project report.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Pitchy, one word (or maybe two):

PLEASE STAY (or at least only go for a day)
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Ok guys, how can a person leave with friends like you, thank you very much for the kind words it means alot.
As far as what happened there was unintentional things that happened that shouldn`t of happened. I take full responsibilty for it all and wish no hard feelings on anyone.
Boy do i have to come up with a funny thread now huh. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Pitchy,

When it comes to getting my kickers twisted cruel people talking about killing every cat they see without cause does it well. I've spoken out about that and sometimes just get mouthy and obnoxious. But nobodies ever left because of what I've said, and I've not left because of what they've said.
I've been on these forums since Y2K and had to learn that there are thin skinned people with no senses of humor everywhere and eventually you'll get them all lathered up over something.
Just don't worry about them. You do your thing and if they don't like it .... tough toe nails.

Oh, you took a nice ride on your motorcycle yesterday, I spent most of the day tuning up sewing machines and then finishing the quilt cover for my #1 treadle machine.
No place around here I'd want to ride to anyway.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Pitchy - something like this happens every once in a while - no big deal. Jim is likely not offended - he has bigger fish to fry and isn't Particularly thin skinned. He puts something up of an odd humorous bent every once in a while that seems way of character that has always puzzled me. But - Santa Claus - what is next - Superman? The Lone Ranger? Is nothing sacred???
Last edited by Old Savage on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

InTheWoods
Levergunner 2.0

Post by InTheWoods »

Very, very glad you are staying with us. Not very often I hand the laptop over to my wife to view posts on gun sites. She has seen several of yours. Don't change.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Pitchy,

You are a very warm hearted guy that I know wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings on purpose.
Sure we say things sometimes that with the many many people on here might take something in their view a tad personal.??????? And without you meaning it to be.
Now myself I sometimes type before I think(then I regret it)then try to make it right???---but for you, I have never seen anything but caring/positive/entertaining/great info and stories.
I say whoever took something wrong, please rethink about it and think about how you are and what you bring to us on here.
I for one would feel a void missing your delightful character.

Stay on here friend! :wink:
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Pitchy wrote:Ok guys, how can a person leave with friends like you, thank you very much for the kind words it means alot.
Extremely glad to hear that.
Old Law Dawg
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Pitchy -- So now yer stayin. Make up yer mind!!!! I was just getting ready to down a shot of "Early Times" to you and yer memory but before I could get it poured, ya say yer back. Now I gotta await another worthy event to down that shot. Oh well, glad yer stayin.

Hmmmmmmm, maybe "Old Savage" will post a pic of one his gals in a Christmas celebratory pose to put a little cheer in this thread.
ED
Yer never too old
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Pitchy, glad you changed your mind. Now i don't have to insist that you do so. :D You are an asset to those of us on this forum. God Bless. 8)
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks guys, Jim and I have spoken and all is cool :D
Pictures of OS`s girls, you bettcha. 8) 8)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

I too thought the post was a little "beyond..." and winced a little (admittedly with a slight turn up of one corner of the mouth as the other turned down :) I think we all have a bit of guilty pleasure in us over something). To the degree I thought it was a bit much given the season, I nevertheless moved on from that, but hope you don't move on from here. Enjoy having you around Pitchy!
Edit:I hadn't read the last few posts,including yours Pitchy, and am also glad you're staying!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Well Pitchy im glad things worked out & your sticking around
Boots & I would miss your talent here
& your anticks , like Harley rideing in Dec. with your Moose Gooser
as santa
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I don't think anyone who knows both of you thought it would be otherwise. :)

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ok, Ok, Ok.....I promise not to shoot Santa. :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good thing because I don't think the posse here would like it

And, neither would this guy.

Santa Claus is a friend of mine. :)

You know - lots of people like Santa, wouldn't want here to lose that smile

We have people who can find you!

And I am pretty sure Lady J would not be so happy about it either.

no telling who might come after you.

Need I go on???

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Streetstar wrote:I have shown the video of you rolling down the hill, 6 guns blazin', to a few non members and you are helping win people over to our fold whether ya know it or not :D :D
Same here - people don't realize "gun folks" are just grownups who haven't forgotten how to have FUN, and seeing stuff like that that is good old harmless fun (but with a 'gun' theme) lets them know it's OK to be a 'gun nut'. Consider yourself an ambassador of truth for firearms freedom...!

Back to the OP - I guess I'd be in similar trouble for my traditional 'Easter Card' (though I think I got it off here, actually).

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That's not the easter bunny.

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Darn tootin that`s good camera shootin OS, whistle :D

thanks you guys for being like family. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote:That's not the easter bunny.
Whew! I'm SO relieved! I wasn't sure how I was going to explain that to (insert whoever you want here)!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pricedo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pricedo »

adirondakjack wrote:Wait! Somebody who is a grown person got upset by a joke about shooting mythical figure? GROW UP! Pitchy ole pard, I've always thought of you as a kind and generous sort, but man alive, ya can't run off every time somebody gets upset over next to nothing.

Agreed !

Why let some oversensitive somebody else control your life and censor your freedom of speech which you are in effect doing if you "go off the air"?

Civility and respect are the order of the day but outside of posts that are of an insulting, baiting, trolling nature or advocate illegal actions we are free to express our opinions.

If we weren't able to express different opinions what would be the point & purpose of having DISCUSSION BOARDS?

Reminds me of the politically correct nonsense that some people (certainly not me) concern themselves with to the point of obsession.
NRA & GOA LIFE MEMBER
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

To be clear i`m not thin skinned or running away, i voiced my opinion and probably over reacted to something a nice God fearing man posted not intending any harm.
I just figured i needed a break and have cut down on all boards pretty much but this one. I`m sick most the time and try and bring good cheer into my life and your lives to try and make the days better.
But after all the kind words how can i leave, you guys are better by far than my real family and i thank you for it.
Lets let it go and get back to the pics of pretty ladies. :D
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Pitchy wrote:...

W00T! :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Are you talking about the one with the hunter and Santa. He popped the old red suited fella and his bucks. I thought it was great fun and passed it on. Some folks just plain sit on too high a horse is all. :?
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
pricedo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pricedo »

Pitchy wrote:To be clear i`m not thin skinned or running away, i voiced my opinion and probably over reacted to something a nice God fearing man posted not intending any harm.
I just figured i needed a break and have cut down on all boards pretty much but this one. I`m sick most the time and try and bring good cheer into my life and your lives to try and make the days better.
But after all the kind words how can i leave, you guys are better by far than my real family and i thank you for it.
Sounds like a plan ! ;)

But the lady in the next room would be using the rolling pin on my noggin if I followed it.

If I offended someone & I figured I was "in the wrong" I'd PM that person with a apology.

But life doesn't STOP just because somebody made a mistake......it goes on.

From what I can see your posts are well respected on this board so please don't deprive US of the pleasure of reading more of them.

I hope you recover quickly and completely from what ails you & I wish you good health, good shooting, good hunting & good fortune in the future.
NRA & GOA LIFE MEMBER
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This place is like a free mail order course on how people take things and what sets them off and how it goes after that. But you will notice the level of civility compared to some other places was pretty good. I remember the first time I was blindsided by someone's take my own, or my over response to something. Then I apologized to one guy and he had no idea what I was talking about. Kind of like poker hands - you have seen them all before but you never can be quite sure how this one is going play out against the others - an enlightening experience. BTW I quit playing poker in Westerly RI in 1968 because I lost $3. I was convinced of my decision when I saw my wife's grandfather pop her dad because of some poker altercation of whether she could ask advice about her hand. Her dad tried to throw the first punch but it got blocked. That never really did get altogether worked out. Then I quit playing craps in Davenport IA because I won $5 on my first bet and wanted to be a lifetime winner at that game. Hey wait a minute - this isn't gamblers anonymous??? :shock: Well onward and upward. OK Pitchy = go build something we never thought of before BTW - Indianagirl likes that picture of you in that galvanized bathtub outside with the arrows sticking out of the fence around it.

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Mike D. wrote:Are you talking about the one with the hunter and Santa. He popped the old red suited fella and his bucks. I thought it was great fun and passed it on. Some folks just plain sit on too high a horse is all. :?
I was on my high horse today :lol:

Here ya go Indiana Girl. :)

Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Oh Pitchy - you are going have her laughing out loud this time. :D :D :D

Old Ranger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Ranger »

Now it's confirmed.....Pitchy's back!!! :lol:

Buddy, you crack me up!

Wade
Aim low boys! They're riddin' shetlands!