sneaky wife! 25-35

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

sneaky wife! 25-35

Post by ollogger »

Well behind every good man is a GREAT woman.
And any woman who knows her man KNOWS how to keep him happy and its not always through that tummy!
Ms. Boots here.. I am Brads wife and he asked me to share this story.
Ollogger had been looking for a 25-35 for a while.
I always pay attention to what makes him tick and why!
So when he started posting for one and searching on different sites for one this girl decided to take action.
As a gun lover myself and a girl who NEVER leaves her house with out the 45 vaquero strapped on, I understand and Know the need when a want hits you!
So when Six Gun Jack posted his lovely collection and I watched Ollogger drool but decline, I thought money is only a enemy when it comes to value knowledge, if this man is going to have a 25-35 its going to be worth having. I understand a rebarreled or drilled may be your thing but its not mine. So when shopping I want value, history, usability and even if it comes to it collectable.
So I contacted Mr Six Guns and we hit it off. He could feel my excitment in doing this as a surprise for Ollogger and agreed to play the game with me.
He was a smooth man to deal with and shared in my excitment, we made the deal and when it arrived my plans had changed... just a bit, I had called my mail gal and asked if I had a large package and she said yes you do. So knowing it was here... I called Six Guns in total excitment!!!! saying since Ollogger had found another, ( rebarreled and Drilled) I needed to give it to him this night! Not sure how but was going to do it.
I had told my mail gal to wait for me... I got off work at 2:30 and that is about my mail delivery, She said she would wait. OH that Ollogger with a late season whitetail hunt came home early, There is my mail gal waiting on me and he rolls in.
She gives him all the mail and says... ahhhhhh, I have this package here that your wife needs to sign for so I have to wait for her, she will be along any minute... I arrive to find him talking along with her and cannot get past the drive way arches so there I set with them chatting and me stressing whether she gave him that package or NOT?????
I can read Olloggers lips as he mouths to Mail gal, I can see by wifes expression on face I need to move my truck so see ya...... ( I really hate when he does that)
So he drives up toward the house and I in total sweat say well? and she said I have it right here... she hands it over and I sign... and head toward the house.
I bring in the box and hand it to him and he said what is this and I said well dear... Would you put this together for me please.... As I go over to make his evening coffee.
Ollogger HATES putting things together... but would try to always make me happy.... and THANKS to that supper Six Guns and his well packaged mail.... Ollogger had a heck of a time unwrapping things.
Frustrated at the box it was put in, I watched his face as he began unwrapping things and oh boy as things started coming together for me I could not have been happier...
I felt beyond happy to see Ollogger with an unforgetable face seeing this awesome rifle in his hands!
Pictures? WELL I asked SixGuns to post pictures cause Iam not handy at posting them to his site.... no problem with other sites but cant get this one figured out!
By the way... I am blonde!
Ms Boots
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: sneaky wife! 25-35

Post by kimwcook »

That was a great thing to do for your husband. Clearly you love him a lot. You will be rewarded.
Old Law Dawg
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

WOW, Your hubby is one lucky man!!!!! I am sure he will make you happy also. :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I wonder how many times this will be cut-and-pasted and forwarded to wives, girlfriends, moms, daughters, etc...

Guys know that not all the women in their lives will necessarily 'share' their particular hobbies, but one of the things guys love MOST is when a spouse actually buys them something related to their hobby or sport. Doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, but it IS kind of cool if it's something you'd have to 'know him' to pick out. (Yeah, the generic 'hunting gloves' are pretty cool, but an actual firearm or tool or other thing that is unique and even something we've been looking for . . . that's enough to earn you a nightly back-rub for the next forty years. . . !!! )

Good Job, Ms. Ollogger/Boots... 8) 8) 8)
Last edited by AJMD429 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

:mrgreen:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Ms Boots,

Got a single sister?
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Girls are like that - Yes They are. Good on You Boots.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I must be doing something wrong.

I can't see any pics...

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

don't that just take the cake?
FWiedner wrote:I must be doing something wrong.

I can't see any pics...

:wink:
me too. :wink:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What a fine gift. The 25-35 is a great cartridge.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

matt-foley-art labeld pictures.jpg
Shawn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ms Boots, are there any more ladies like you in Wyoming? :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Thanks for sharing that Ms Boots :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
kevin in nh
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kevin in nh »

You have a keeper there.....it brought me back 35 years ago when my "sneaky" wife bought me my first Deer gun...Rem 1100.....took my first Deer with it.....she bought me my first Bow too......took my first Bow kill with it.....then a Python...."cause the guy at the shop said it was a good gun"....and another year my first muzzleloader......I still have the guns, but God needed her more than me I guess and took her home 2 1/2 years ago.......it brought back some great memories.....the Colt she but in BIG box....then a smaller one and so on....Eight boxes later I finally get to the Colt! So strange to sit here smiling with the tears running down my cheeks....live, laugh and love each other every day........thanks for "bringing back some of the best memories of my life"..........k
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Good on ya, Ms Boots! Great story and I'm sure that Sixgun fellar will get them pics up... sooner or later! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's really Cool!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

ollogger wrote:Well behind every good man is a GREAT woman.

AND YOU SURE GOT ONE!
YOUR ARE ONE LUCKY MAN(TREAT HER LIKE GOLD) :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey, hey, hey! It sound like someone is talking about me! Wait, this is about Ollogger and Ms. Boots.

Well, I tell 'ya, Ms. Boots really knows how to tell a story and she's really good about swippin' a 25-35 Flatband from a stranger who had that gun since 1994. :D

I must say, the whole "wheelin',dealin',talkin', laughin'," with Ms Boots was one of the best, if not THE best in my 57 years. She really loves that man of hers and out of respect for Brad (Ollogger) I'd like to call that fine lady mine--but........she's not. Your a lucky man Brad! :D

Ms. Boots gives me an e-mail, then we talked and the next thing I know, that nice Flatband '94 is on the way to Wyoming---she's good! :D It was one of the nicest things a lady can do for her man. Like Ms. Boots says, Brad had no idea.

Ms Boots and I had some great conversations and I'm glad everything worked out. That rifle is a tackdriver as the 25-35 is the most accurate of all of the 1894 cartridges. I told her about my other 25-35 and I really had to "play it down" as Ms. Boots would have had that '94 SRC sent to their ranch. Whew! Its my only other 25-35. Close one! :D

After I sent the rifle, I found the sight hood and now that is on it's way to the great state of Wyoming.

Pics? Dang! Don't have any. The rifle is an early post-war flat band with a serial number that puts it at the end of the war. Lots of blue and near perfect wood. She shot into an inch or a tiny bit more with a dose of IMR 4198 and a 117 Hornady RN.

Ms. Boots--Can I have it back? :D You and Brad are great people to deal with. Good luck with all of your endeavors.-------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Oh stop your bit chin - better with her than you - and never mind pics of the 25-35, how about pics of the lovely lady herself so we can see what kind of woman thinks this way - though - my wife did get me an Ithaca 37 for my first birthday after we were married - 36 years ago. :D :D :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Thanks for your comments and believe me ... I am on many sites and I find this one the hardest to understand how to post pictures.
If someone has a easy understand I am game.
Sorry no sisters in WY!
Kevin, Sorry for your loss and happy to bring back memories that make you remember the great times. Our loved ones even though sleeping in death as Jesus said his best friend lazarus did, said you will live again!
Sounds like you have much to be grateful for in the days you spent together.
Thanks for your warm and wonderful post. Its always so good to know how many out there are "like US"...... we understand and sometimes with out even words.
I have more joy in giving... and I cannot tell you how happy it made me ... how excited it made me... to do this for Ollogger.
We been together now 24 years, I pay attention to his needs and find more joy in giving than getting.
I can say I am spoiled too...
I am a horse nut and Love LOVE mules.... Ollogger been down that road with me!
He supports me and I sure the heck take every chance I get to say THANKYOU!
Yes life is short. Dance..... even when you dont hear the music..... dance, since there is the song of the bird, the wolf.. the coyote and elk, moons come and go, 1/4, 1/2, full, and a star always sets to the side of it. Think, smell, share and SHOOT while you can.
We all need each other, lets remember that as things fall down around us!
Glad you enjoyed my post. NOW for learning how to do the Pictures on this sight???? grrrrr. HELP!!! cuz I do have pictures!!!! Really wanna share.
Six gun... where are you Mr. Jack???

Ms Boots
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Very cool, your a good woman and partner. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Ahhhh Sixgun my man... there you are... yep we been talking about you .... NO WAY can you have it back.. its a keeper and Maybe I am after the other one you have to carry when I ride my horse... if ONLY I could post some pictures of my stories.. HELP PLEASE? you got my wyboots email and phone number... I really cant be that dumb huh?
You know you can always come visit.... ( the rifles) and us....
There is no home like a Wyoming home on the range where not only the Antelope and elk play... so does ms Boots and Ollogger!
You're the best and honest guy.. your gun is all you said it was and more.
THANK YOU FOR HELP,,, every thing was so well worth it.. and I am looking forward to many foot rubs this winter.. LOL
You can meet me and Ollogger here.... simple site... let the pro go when we stopped breeding horses...
but you can meet us here...
http://www.wix.com/wishingwyoming/wwr
click the "my button" on each page and it will take you to the next page. Its a quick site since when I let the pro go when I stopped breeding horses, just to let the horse people know what We were doing etc...
So glad to hear from you Sixgun! You helped make dreams come true!
Ms Boots
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ms. Boots,
This is my last 25-35. I'll trade 'ya for one of those Tennessee Walkers. :D But..........you gotta deliver your horse :D

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Savage wrote:. . . never mind pics of the 25-35, how about pics of the lovely lady herself so we can see what kind of woman thinks this way. . .
I just knew you would be the one to post and say what the rest of us were thinkin... 8)
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I sent a pm in regards to how to post pictures but it`s still in my outbox :?
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

ollogger wrote:You can meet me and Ollogger here....http://www.wix.com/wishingwyoming/wwr.
Thanks for sharing that - you guys look like you had a dream together, built it into reality together, and have lived it together - it really doesn't get better than that....!

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thanks for the trip through with the pix - very interesting.

Did I get that just about right? :) Quite the pair!!!
Last edited by Old Savage on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here are some pics of my 25-35 and some loads for it that you may find useful.

http://www.gunblast.com/Winchester_25-35.htm

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That Brad is a lucky dude---Lady Gadiva with a .45 :D --------------Sixgun

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

old savage thanks for the gun blast
thanks to every one else & yes im a lucky man, boots is still a fox
but im not that pretty anymore & sixgun id trade a horse
any day for a 25-35 but Boots may see to it that, THAT would be
my last trade

ollogger
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well hey, you're at least as "pretty" as Sixgun :D but I think we will stay with boots for that.

I am interested in what you find shooting that 25-35. I have done some loading for mine and got good results and it is also very accurate with the Win factory ammo. A very interesting cartridge.

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

did shoot the 25-35 today a buddy has a gunsmith shop & ammo &
reloading gear & he had 2 older boxes of 117 gr. rem. for 20.00 a box
had to buy them , took 4 shots to get it to poa, then went back bout
130 yds. got down on 1 knee & sent 6 down to the steel plate made
a nice smack when they hit, so i walked back to the plate & found 6
hits in bout a 8 in. group, that tickeled the heck outta me
when i get done deer hunting ill have more time for shooting her
seen a monster WT tonite but to far away & to dark to shoot
hope he finds a hot one tonite & sticks around till morning, im using an 88 in 308 with a scope,been passing some dang good bucks
ya cant shoot the big one if ya take a good one, this is the first time in my life im sticking to that & its not been easy, the other nite a 5x5 went by me within 50 yds milling around with a doe he did his thing 3 times to her i said good boy & got outta there when they went down a draw, that one might haunt me but it was worth it ollogger
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Brad,
Good to hear it shoots great.......but.........I knew that. :D For guys in their fifties, our eyesight ain't the best. You can slap a tang sight on her using the stock bolt only and maybe a little epoxy under the base. Thats what I did to that rifle for close to 20 years and she held tight. Instead of an 8 inch group on the plate, you will cut that down to half and then half again if you put her on sandbags. :D ----------Sixgun

w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

Ms Boots,
Wonderful story! Awesome! Thank you for sharing. :mrgreen:
I am lucky enough (I think) to know Sixgun personally and can say that he is "one to ride the river with". (Sixgun, I missed you at the Cowboy Silhouette State Champ.)

I posted a link to your story at "Women Of Marlin Owners", hope you don't mind. Of course, one does not have to necessarily own a Marlin, but all gals who are firearms enthusiasts are welcome there.
http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/women-marlinowners/

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian