Trapper 336's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nobody

Trapper 336's

Post by Nobody »

Last edited by Nobody on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie

Re: Trapper 336's

Post by Hobie »

There have been many over the years, e.g. the Marauder, Spikehorn, etc. I'm not certain that I remember a "push" in any magazines... :?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
dad
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dad »

The 336Y with birch stocks [ Spikehorn has walnut stock] is classified as youth woman's model, but some have been putting full length butt stocks and making their own Trapper with 16" barrel.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Last edited by Nobody on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Well, that is specific enough but I just don't remember the article/magazine. It might have been a McPherson or Nonneman rifle. I do remember, albeit vaguely, a couple of articles regarding those. Marlin did make the Texans with 18½" barrels for a year or two. Not quite trappers for some but close enough.

For the record, it might be called a youth rifle, but the Spikehorn has all the attributes of the modern trapper. If you'll consider lengthening the stock all you need to change the nomenclature, well...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Bob, look here. It may be of interest.

http://www.leverguns.com/articles/AKChurch/trappers.htm
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Last edited by Nobody on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

This is my 1979 Glenfield model 30GT. Barrel is 18 inches.

Scope is Simmons 2x - 8X with Millett mounts.

TR

Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!