Good old Brownings

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Good old Brownings

Post by perry owens »

I know some of you are aircraft buffs as well as gun buffs
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -time.html

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: OT - Good old Brownings

Post by gamekeeper »

Who would have thought a peat bog could preserve firearms? I know mummified bodies have been found and they were NOT in working order.

What a strange story! I'd like to know more about Roland Wolfe and his military career..
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Good old Brownings

Post by Pitchy »

Cool story. 8)

Remington should take note in regards to Marlins. :lol:
There can be no greater testament to the machinists and engineers in UK factories in the 1940s who, despite churning out guns at the rate of thousands per month, made each one of such high quality that they could survive a plane crash and 70 years underground and still fire like the day they were made.'
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Too bad that a great story has such a sad ending...

"The six machine guns and ammunition have been removed by the bomb disposal team to a secure military location where they will be decommissioned and cleaned before being handed over to the Derry Museum,' a spokesman added."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1dPGRWz00
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

What a find. I can't believe the U.S. took Wolfe's citizenship away because he wanted to fight for Britain.
Old Law Dawg
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Greetings If Wolfe had not revoked his U.S. statis the Nazis could have correctly claimed he was either a merc. or the U.S. really was not nuetral. In 1973 when the Arabs attacked Israel again some U.S. tank crewmen wanted to "go over and give a hand". The legal ramifications were explained the biggest issue being term of enlistment still active in the U.S. Army. But it did not slow the removal of every available 20mm from our battalion and sent out to Israel.
Brownings... Fantastic weapon ! Every crew I knew about had a plan to "get one" installed near the loaders hatch if things got ugly and the need came up to go bear hunting.
Mike in Peru
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.